Build Threads

Project Panda

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 02:29 PM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 261 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Which ones are the SSR wheels? I really like the light gold, split 8-spokes with the chrome lip. Those could look real fine on a moonlight white car.

So I guess if they're the dark bronze 6-spokes... nevermind, LOL
Its the ones with the chrome lip. The 6 spoke wheels were temp wheels and nobody liked them on the car. I am hoping to sell them and pick another set up as track duties.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:36 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Staggered 19", FTW. I think 19" is the perfect size for the Sedan. IMO, only the Coupe can do 20" right. On the Sedan, 18" looks almost too small, but not so bad. And 17" just looks dumb.

Pics on the car?
Old 07-01-2019, 03:47 PM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

This past Saturday, I joined a dyno day reserved for VQ motors. This was the perfect opportunity for m eto get a good comparison against other G37/370z on the same dyno in the same day.

However, my numbers were so disappointing.

There was a G37 with only K&N intakes, test pipes, and Motordyne exhaust that put out 318 whp. And I'm here with ported Upper and Lower plenums, 3" intakes and EPS throttle bodies on top of him only to make about the same power, 320 whp.

I didn't stay all day but right before I left, the highest dyno was 353 whp from a G37. Long tube intakes, ported upper plenum, Z1 Headers, Tomei test pipes, and Motordyne exhaust.

Now I want to check if my compression is good, then maybe replace my Circuit Werks test pipes with ART pipes. I already have new 3" intakes, TBs, and plenums coming.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:55 PM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

I picked up a set of ART pipes for a good deal. They are a bit busted up but no holes, or cracks present. I don't mind my current Circuit Werks test pipes but these will hopefully get rid of the hiss. I also like that these are the brackets that bolt to the tunnel brace.

The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 08:14 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Nice bro! It will definitely help with the hiss/rasp. Get those refinished or polished then wrap them or ceramic coat. I wrapped mine with DEI and high temp spray. Check my IG; jpowers36.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:10 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Nice bro! It will definitely help with the hiss/rasp. Get those refinished or polished then wrap them or ceramic coat. I wrapped mine with DEI and high temp spray. Check my IG; jpowers36.
That's my plan. I have some left over wrap, so I figured I would use it on them. What high temp paint did you use? I've been your follower on IG for a while.
jpowersjr2 (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 09:05 AM
ZontheRocks
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
These look like V2 which I do believe came ceramic coated (or some other form of coating) - thicker welds, non-stainless finish and no resonator support bracket.

Should still make power and the sound that you're looking for! The way I see it is that the numerous sales of V2s funded the upgraded look and quality of the V3s.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:19 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZontheRocks
These look like V2 which I do believe came ceramic coated (or some other form of coating) - thicker welds, non-stainless finish and no resonator support bracket.

Should still make power and the sound that you're looking for! The way I see it is that the numerous sales of V2s funded the upgraded look and quality of the V3s.
Its scraped pretty bad on the bottom so I was thinking of using some VHT high temp paint on the whole thing. These have the support bracket on the other side. Didn't you sell a set not long ago? What pipes are you running now?
Old 07-17-2019, 01:32 PM
ZontheRocks
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by projectpanda13
Its scraped pretty bad on the bottom so I was thinking of using some VHT high temp paint on the whole thing. These have the support bracket on the other side. Didn't you sell a set not long ago? What pipes are you running now?
Sorry, I am referencing the support of the resonator to the pipe itself. So two bracket supports each: one for resonator to pipe and one that replicates the support bracket of the stock catalytic converters. Also, I believe that only the V3s have the Motordyne logo embossed. This is an addition on the V3s.

I sold my V2s and picked up a set of V3s. Installed two weeks ago with an O2 sensor spacer and no CEL light for my 2016 370Z. These are also paired with a Motordyne Shockwave and the sound is great. Absolutely no hiss.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:46 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
That's my plan. I have some left over wrap, so I figured I would use it on them. What high temp paint did you use? I've been your follower on IG for a while.
Amazon Amazon
Old 07-22-2019, 08:01 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
Seems a bit odd how much power difference these cars can make with such a mod discrepancy.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:48 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this come together! Such quality parts! I had to go back through my mods and switch it up also. I’m so jealous of the art pipes
Old 07-23-2019, 08:14 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
Seems a bit odd how much power difference these cars can make with such a mod discrepancy.
I find it odd also, but I think I might have other things going on with my motor so I plan to get oil pressure and compression when I get an opportunity. Overall, the motor pulls hard and drives fine, but disappointed when other VHR are putting down the same if not more with less mods, usually intakes, test pipes and exhaust.

Originally Posted by Mattlorentzoe
Looking forward to seeing this come together! Such quality parts! I had to go back through my mods and switch it up also. I’m so jealous of the art pipes
Thanks brother, I'm still waiting for my parts from Rej. Hopefully after mine and your installs, we should hit up a dyno to get a good comparison. You got the creme dela creme of exhaust parts, ART pipes are a second to your PPE.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:17 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

I got tired of having to replace the flex section so I decided to have a pipe welded in its place. I still have a flex section in the test pipes so there's still some give in the system, but it'll probably be prone to cracking with that area being the only spot to allow movement. This new setup has helped tuck the muffler slightly higher but I am running into some contact issue with the passenger pipe of the y hitting my transmission mount. I'll have to wrap some exhaust wrap to keep it from hitting.

Mattlorentzoe (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 09:29 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
I find it odd also, but I think I might have other things going on with my motor so I plan to get oil pressure and compression when I get an opportunity. Overall, the motor pulls hard and drives fine, but disappointed when other VHR are putting down the same if not more with less mods, usually intakes, test pipes and exhaust.

Thanks brother, I'm still waiting for my parts from Rej. Hopefully after mine and your installs, we should hit up a dyno to get a good comparison. You got the creme dela creme of exhaust parts, ART pipes are a second to your PPE.

Just saw this.
Lol mine doesn’t sound near as good thooooooo!

Quick Reply: Project Panda