Build Threads

DannyVQ'S 2008 G37

Old 09-25-2018, 06:02 PM
DannyVQ
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DannyVQ'S 2008 G37

Whats up guys! So I'm new to the forum and have been very eager to start up my own build thread after seeing so many inspiring G's like Vizard's and F13's. I've owned my 2008 G37 Coupe for a full year now and have made some progress already so this first post will mainly be filling you guys in on what I've done so far. I am also a huge fan of build threads with lots of pictures, so I will be doing my best to be picture heavy with my thread.

Before anything, let me introduce myself a little as far as my past build goes. I used to own a 1998 Acura Integra that i built myself.I started it at 17 years old and had it until i was 21. I've always been into the stancy pants look which I understand is not everyone's cup of tea, and I told myself I wouldn't do that to my G but no promises lol. I've noticed not too many G's are into the whole low look so if you're into that, you might want to stick around. If you aren't, trying not to rip my head off with your criticism lol.

So here's a few pics of my Integra.

So I have some plans for my G but here are a few pics of it. Its a 2008 Infiniti G37 Journey Sport.

I bought it from a middle aged gentleman that bought it for his son. The car came bagged with the most basic kit money can buy and with 20 inch stance wheels. It had a manual (paddle) management with a tiny 3lb tank, one 480cc compressor, and universal air bags. Which pretty much was one air up and one air down until the tank had to be refilled. Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of the original set up other than the management but it looked something like this. The manual management will be for sale soon fyi.

Upon inspecting the set up after purchase, I noticed the bags were very aged and needed to be replaced. First thing i did was replace the bags all around with new Slammed Specialties air bags. AVS is located about 20 minutes from me so it was a quick pick up. These are the old bags.

Seeing the age of the bags, I took a wild guess and assumed that the lines were just as old as the bags so I had plans to change those soon as well.
Christmas was around the corner and my sister and brother in law bought me some carbon fiber mirror caps. My brother and law and I are very fond of carbon fiber.

I've never been a huge fan of the sport bumper and really feel as though it's lacking in options as far as lips for it. Just not as aggressive as I would like. I was debating whether to settle for a lip, swap a newer sport bumper, or just buy an IPL. The IPL was my first choice but they're extremely pricey compared to the other bumpers and Duraflex was definitely not an option for me. I'm not hating on anyone that has the duraflex bumper, I've just always been really big on quality. I ended up finding a few IPL bumpers on craigslist but everyone was so flakey that I decided to man up and just buy one from Infiniti. Here's a mock up of it on the car. The bumpers come prepainted from Infiniti but unfortunately don't come in QX1 so it will have to be color matched.

This is my first time having a car on air ride and although the manual management did the job just fine, I wanted to upgrade. I had a couple of friends parting their old bagged cars so I took advantage and bought a few things. Firstly, I bought an lightly used Air Lift 3P management system to upgrade my management. I talked to my other friend and we worked out a deal on the tank and compressor set up. I traded him my setup plus cash for his dual 444cc Viair setup and 4lb tank. The tank has some paint chips on it but I'll take care of that down the road.

In the last few weeks I almost pulled the trigger on a carbon fiber engine cover from an Instagram page that was having a sale. Before I purchased, I thought i would take a look around the internet to see if I was able to find anything cheaper. I ended up fining one on Ebay for 180 shipped so I jumped on it. Came in literally 3 days later. Installed it and didn't have much trouble with the fitment at all to my surprise.

I also bought IPL side skirts a couple of weeks ago. I heard that Infiniti was going to be discontinuing them so I thought I'd jump on the opportunity. Unfortunately those also have to be painted but they are OEM. I should be ready to pick them up in the next week or so. Ill be keeping you guys updated on that! This is how it sits for now.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:57 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice details there Danny, always great to see younger guys that do their own work, keep up the progress, looking good!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:57 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Nice progress, I'm not a Honda guy, but am a sucker for that integra. Looks great. I wish I would've bought a car bagged already, just bought coils and am thinking of doing some universal bags as well