Build Threads

Alex's Graphite Shadow G37X Sedan Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Ihtbealexxx

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Got the OEM trunk spoiler on. Definitely worth the buy!

pictures to come soon
Old 05-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Ihtbealexxx

Got some post install pics. Trunk spoiler and Journey front lip are finally on. Install was fairly quick and easy. The most time consuming thing was just aligning the holes in the trunk to be drilled.

Alex's Graphite Shadow G37X Sedan Build-yp1umnu.jpg

Alex's Graphite Shadow G37X Sedan Build-zshjaea.jpg
Old 05-30-2017, 09:33 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Really a nice look from all angles, take a bow, you've done some good work sir!
Old 05-31-2017, 12:35 PM
Ihtbealexxx

Originally Posted by blnewt
Really a nice look from all angles, take a bow, you've done some good work sir!
Many thanks, sir! Can't wait for the diffuser to come. Should be here mid June right before my month long vacation

Last edited by Ihtbealexxx; 05-31-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Ihtbealexxx

Big update coming tomorrow!
Old 06-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Ihtbealexxx
Big update coming tomorrow!
WORST! can't leave us hanging like that!
Old 06-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Ihtbealexxx

Taking the build to the next level. Also officially means I'm committing to the car. Swapping the car to a M3 is on hold for a bit.

Alex's Graphite Shadow G37X Sedan Build-o7qrkop.jpg
Old 06-09-2017, 05:25 PM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
In for more
Old 06-09-2017, 09:27 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Ahhhhh, FI FTW! Really moving this to the next level, what kind of deal did you get that Stillen SC for? (If you don't mind me asking)
Old 06-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Ihtbealexxx

Originally Posted by blnewt
Ahhhhh, FI FTW! Really moving this to the next level, what kind of deal did you get that Stillen SC for? (If you don't mind me asking)
The shop I did my uprev tune at had a used set for sale from a Nismo 370z. Customer put 1k miles on it and switched to a twin turbo. He was selling t for 4.5k but I talked it down to 4.1k. Happened to be my birthday that same day so I'll call it a birthday present for myself haha

It's missing a couple of things. Mostly brackets and fuel pump but those should be relatively cheap to get
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (06-10-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Ihtbealexxx

UPDATE: Got some extra exterior stuff done. Plastidipped grille is gone and now done in gloss black vinyl wrap to match the rest of the gloss black trim I did. Autokits rear diffuser in carbon fiber just got to my door this morning and is getting put on as I type this

Alex's Graphite Shadow G37X Sedan Build-hckuxpz.jpg

The supercharger will be getting installed at Real Auto Dynamics in New York while I'm on vacation for the summer. Since the original kit was from a 370z, I needed new brackets and a new fuel pump to make it work. Will be getting a stillen oil and tranny cooler as well as an upgraded valve body from Level 10 Transmission in New Jersey. At the moment, I'm debating if I should upgrade the blow off valve on the stillen kit.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (06-20-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 05:36 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
UPDATE: Got some extra exterior stuff done. Plastidipped grille is gone and now done in gloss black vinyl wrap to match the rest of the

The supercharger will be getting installed at Real Auto Dynamics in New York while I'm on vacation for the summer. Since the original kit was from a 370z, I needed new brackets and a new fuel pump to make it work. Will be getting a stillen oil and tranny cooler as well as an upgraded valve body from Level 10 Transmission in New Jersey. At the moment, I'm debating if I should upgrade the blow off valve on the stillen kit.
stock torque converter? I'm doing valve body and trans cooler also. Just curious if you are buying upgraded converter or not.
Thanks! Sick build.

That's so exciting about the supercharger lol
Old 06-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Ihtbealexxx

Originally Posted by lorentzoe45
stock torque converter? I'm doing valve body and trans cooler also. Just curious if you are buying upgraded converter or not.
Thanks! Sick build.

That's so exciting about the supercharger lol
running a conservative tune so hopefully the torque gains won't be crazy enough to get a torque converter upgrade. Will see once I come back in August and pick up the car.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:40 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
running a conservative tune so hopefully the torque gains won't be crazy enough to get a torque converter upgrade. Will see once I come back in August and pick up the car.
how are the Bc's riding?
Old 06-30-2017, 06:15 AM
Ihtbealexxx

UPDATE: Flew out to Singapore for my vacation until August. Actually typing this during my stopover in Frankfurt.

Car has been dropped off at Real Auto Dynamics for the install while I'm gone. Missing brackets for the 370z kit to G37 conversion have arrived as well as the Stillen oil and transmission cooler.

In regards to add ons and other supporting mods, I'll be upgrading the heat exchanger to the Frozenboost upgrade. On top of that I will be having A/F, Oil temp, and oil pressure gauges installed. Gauge pod setup will be a custom made 3 pod A pillar from Ortiz which actually won't arrive until a couple of weeks after I return from the trip. In the meantime, universal single pods will be drilled into my stock A-pillar for a temporary solution.

I will also be most likely switching out the stock Bosch BOV that comes with the kit for either a Turbosmart or TiAL BOV, which I will leave to Real Auto Dynamics to decide.

8lb pulley will be kept to avoid potential reliability issues. Switching over from Uprev to Ecutek since tuning via speed density on Ecutek tends to lead to more reliable end results as opposed to tuning via MAF on the Uprev software. Valve body will be upgraded at Level 10 Transmissions in New Jersey while I'm away. Hopefully the torque increase is not too substantial to warrant a torque converter upgrade, but fingers are crossed.

Quick Reply: Alex's Graphite Shadow G37X Sedan Build