Build Threads

"Scarlett" - 6MT Sedan True Unicorn in Malbec Black

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 11:44 AM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Wow. those look good enough to eat.

Can't wait to see them behind those volks.
The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (02-04-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 04:13 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I actually have sensors in both sets, but it doesn't work that way. The ECU has to be matched with the sensors currently on the car, and the G37 only supports one set of sensors at a time. Since the Vossens get more car-time than the duckfeet, those are the ones I have paired up.

I think there are cars out there which support more than one set of sensors... but not us.
Have you looked to see if you can get the winter sensors cloned to show as the summer sensors? Absolutely ridiculous that this car can only support one set of sensors though. My winters don't even have sensors in them, but that's at least partly because I bought the tire/wheel set up for a different car that didn't even have TPMS.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:02 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Love the new faces
Daddy Fat Sacs (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 08:25 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
So a few more things have occurred. I know I know....i'm all over the place here!

Osram Cool Blue Boost bulbs

I jumped in on a group buy for a killer price that I couldnt pass up on these. For those of you who are not familiar with the new Osram line I would highly recommend checking out The Retrofit Source's page via FB as they have a few videos of comparisons to the Osram CBI, CBH, and CBB bulbs. They also have a good comparison of the CBB vs the Philips White Vision and Extreme Vision Gen 2's. Before I get asked, here is the link to the bulbs. Will have these installed once I fix my headlights and will also do a comparison vs my current Philips now.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d4...66440-cbb.html

Next up, Whiteline Differential Bushing kit arrived. Here's a nice thing I learned yesterday for those of you who are Hilton Honors reward members, you can link your Hilton account to your Amazon account and cash in the points. I got the bushing kit for free on my points and that also included 1 day shipping at no extra charge

I also ordered the Z1 Aluminum Subframe Bushing Collars since the read end will be apart anyway.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...s-p-12015.html

Another thing I got in because if you know my build...CF FTW!!

Off topic here to a degree and I apologize as this si not G related....but I have a very good friend who owns a 2017 Q50RS who has down some things thus far that I may end up doing to the wifes RS. Setup sounds great, very tame tone for my liking and esp compared to the VQ platform but shes a monster!

FI lower DP
FI CBE 2.5"
Stillen intakes
Frozen Boost 118 heat exchanger
Ekutek 404whp/448tq (went conservative)

Old 02-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

And so this happened as well.....after years of adding bolt on's....this shoud have been done a VERY LONG time ago!

I chose to go with Uprev as the additional ARC features really enticed me. For those who may not be fully aware of what they are

So to further break it down of what each does and I highlighted the key indicator:

ARC Features
    These features only work once the car is above 140 F on oil temp or below 221 F.

Burnout mod : You can depress the gas and brake at the same time with no computer intervention (VDC has to be off).
    You can peforma a burnout this way if doing 1/4 mile racing to warm up tires.

No Lift Shift : Active abobe 5K rpm / 30mph only. You can keep your foot to the floor between shifts at redline and the engine will not bounce off of the limiter.

Launch Control : Active below 5 mph. Put car in first gear, clutch in, engage the throttle fully. Car will bounce off of launch point. You can adjust this with the toggle on the cruise control switch. Up for higher, down for lower.
    The car will remember this point for subsequent launches.

Rolling Anti Lag : Active above 30 mph, abobe 3K rpm. As you are driving, you can hold down the cancel button and hold and the car will enter a limiter mode which you can adjust just like launch control to hold a given speed if you are doing a rolling race.

and finally my favorite vid.....listen to them pops

Finished with 325whp/264tq which I'm very happy with as my goal was 325

I am now considering 3" intakes and a ported HR mani to gain some better mid range numbers.

Still waiting for the jpeg file to be sent so I can review further but again very happy with where the car is at right now

The following 4 users liked this post by Daddy Fat Sacs:
    blnewt (02-08-2018), Calg37USMC (02-09-2018), jpowersjr2 (02-13-2018), r2dmax (02-09-2018)
    Old 02-08-2018, 10:27 AM
    Rochester
    Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
    That's pretty damn impressive.

I thought flat-foot shifting was only for the 370Z 6MT with rev-match. Or maybe probably I don't fully understand this. The way you describe it... that sounds like fun.

Have you played with it yet?
    Old 02-08-2018, 12:11 PM
    Daddy Fat Sacs
    Registered Member

So yes I have played some with it, and it works great but I have to remember that I have to be above 5k and stay above 5k for it to work properly. However as it stands right now, and granted I just had this done on Tuesday so less than 48hrs, but to me the stock clutch has a very hard time engaging immediately, it still grabs but then it feels spongy and you can start to smell the clutch. The clutch will be something that I want to upgrade but realistically probably wont be until later this year or more than likely next year.

Maybe I can dial it in more with more seat time. Right now the rolling anit lag is my favorite option. I am planning on going to the 1/8 mile track sat night but I dont see that going all that well as my rear tires are around 3/32-2/32. Just trying to have them hold out long enough to get the other wheels on.
    Old 02-08-2018, 07:38 PM
    guy from norcal
    Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
    Those are great numbers,And that exhaust is beyond words.
    Daddy Fat Sacs (02-08-2018)
    Old 02-08-2018, 11:11 PM
    Daddy Fat Sacs
    Registered Member

Thanks bud! Have a few vids from tonight that I’ll get uploaded tomorrow
    Old 02-09-2018, 09:56 AM
    Daddy Fat Sacs
    Registered Member

Some rolling anti lag vids on the way to softball

Calg37USMC (02-11-2018)
    Old 02-12-2018, 08:52 AM
    Daddy Fat Sacs
    Registered Member

So adjusted my headlights last Friday, the passenger side was significantly lower. Only thing I will add to anyone who wants/needs to do this is to take off the plastic covers that Infiniti put over the adjustment screws. No clue why that was done. I do have a pretty decent cutoff from my current Philips bulbs. Will be putting in the Osram CBB after I redo my headlights.

Before:

After:

Cutoff

Plastic clips and adjustment screws in case anyone was wondering

jpowersjr2 (02-13-2018)
    Old 02-12-2018, 03:37 PM
    Usnavystgc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
    I love this car.
    Daddy Fat Sacs (02-13-2018)
    Old 02-13-2018, 02:03 PM
    4DRZ
    Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
    Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
    And so this happened as well.....after years of adding bolt on's....this shoud have been done a VERY LONG time ago!

I chose to go with Uprev as the additional ARC features really enticed me. For those who may not be fully aware of what they are

So to further break it down of what each does and I highlighted the key indicator:

ARC Features
      These features only work once the car is above 140 F on oil temp or below 221 F.

Burnout mod : You can depress the gas and brake at the same time with no computer intervention (VDC has to be off).
      You can peforma a burnout this way if doing 1/4 mile racing to warm up tires.

No Lift Shift : Active abobe 5K rpm / 30mph only. You can keep your foot to the floor between shifts at redline and the engine will not bounce off of the limiter.

Launch Control : Active below 5 mph. Put car in first gear, clutch in, engage the throttle fully. Car will bounce off of launch point. You can adjust this with the toggle on the cruise control switch. Up for higher, down for lower.
      The car will remember this point for subsequent launches.

Rolling Anti Lag : Active above 30 mph, abobe 3K rpm. As you are driving, you can hold down the cancel button and hold and the car will enter a limiter mode which you can adjust just like launch control to hold a given speed if you are doing a rolling race.
      Are you saying that all Uprev tunes have these features? That would be awesome as I am uprev tuned and it might be consolation for all the delays with Z1 and their tunes.

Where did you find the key fobs, or are they covers?

Old 02-13-2018, 06:23 PM
      Daddy Fat Sacs
      Registered Member

Not all Uprev tunes have it, it’s additional add on features you can do for a price. Here they cost me an additional $100 on top of the tune.

And I’ll send you a link for the key fob. It is a cover. The real fob was like $60 which I was not willing to spend
      4DRZ (02-15-2018)
      Old 02-13-2018, 07:22 PM
      jpowersjr2
      Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
      This is awesome, hell yeah.

I went with the Osram 66240 CBI (5500K) and love them.

Are you upgrading to AdminTuning intakes?