Build Threads

"Scarlett" - 6MT Sedan True Unicorn in Malbec Black

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Ok so had the chance of getting these on Friday. I think I'm losing it. The sound obviously increased, has a very nice tone when not under hard throttle and very controllable. When WOT there is rasp but doesnt seem as bad before and again I'll reference back to the leak. I am still not satisfied with the whole tone at this time and may try putting the GTHaud Y back on. Clearly I know the rasp will increase but Im also hoping so will the bluple and pops. Good thing is the Y is easy to swap out.

Again will try to get some clips before I continue on this lost journey

Old 01-09-2018, 07:09 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Well few updates....ended up picking up a set of FI RHFC, hopefully I'll have those on within the next month or so.

Next I had some birthday goodies come in. Even though my engine bay is a complete mess ATM and these wont be going on anytime soon. Until then, enjoy some JDM beauty

I did get some replacement mid exhaust hangers and put those on.

Lastly, I FINALLY dropped off my Volk faces for powder yesterday afternoon. I should have them back by next week as well as my calipers.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:41 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
What made you think to replace those exhaust hangers?

Love that dipstick cover. That's a really nice detail.

Looks like FI still deletes the support bracket with their cats.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...tions-hfc.html

Last edited by Rochester; 01-09-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:07 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
What made you think to replace those exhaust hangers?

Love that dipstick cover. That's a really nice detail.

Looks like FI still deletes the support bracket with their cats.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...tions-hfc.html
Well long story short I had this crazy clunking noise months back, had it for about 3 straight months give or take. It was driving me crazy and I went a little crazy checking every suspension part I could think of, while under the car one day I realized that the 2nd muffler hangers were missing somehow. I honestly cannot for the life of me remember if they were even their in the first place as when I got the car I immediately transferred over my old Stillen cbe. took me a little bit to retrieve the correct part numbers, order, and install. Just wanted to ensure that extra support was there and not so much stress on the other hangers with the weight.

While inspecting my other hangers, I did notice that the muffler hangers closest to the rear bumper are starting to corrode. So may have to replace those soon as well. I havent done a lot of research, but thus far have not found an alternative to the oem hangers.

Yea the dipstick cover was a VERY long awaited piece to say the least!

Yea being that the cats were much newer than the last time I bought FI, I was hoping Tony had taken some of the feedback and started incorporating the hangers, but clearly not. Ive always liked what you did with yours, and may end up doing something similar if I plan on keeping these long term. Still need to get them on, change the Y pipe back to the GTHaus and then hear what the tone will be.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 09:16 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice additions there, really looking forward to your "new" Volks and more pics of all this stuff coming together~SWEET!
Old 01-15-2018, 07:16 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

So I did get the FI RHFC installed on Sat along with putting the GTHaus Y back on. It actually didnt provide much more roar over stock cats.....very odd. None the less this will have to do for now.

Yes I opted for less performance by taking out the Art pipes but whats 4-6hp anymore, the sound that I have to hear daily is worth much more to me.

I really didnt get any good sound clips as I've been under the weather in some sort of fashion for over 4 weeks now.

I did wash the car yesterday though and discovered that some ******* hit my driver front fender. Was going to see if I could buff it out, but I was more interested in watching the playoffs.

As for the calipers, still not done , faces should be done end of this week.

Last edited by Daddy Fat Sacs; 01-15-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:15 AM
gumi4680

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ur ride is dope. +1 for 6MT and nice color! that's bad ***.
Daddy Fat Sacs (01-18-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 06:59 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Well I am finally starting to make way.

Not sure if any of you are going to Zdayz this year, but I will now be pressing to get the car ready for then.

I finally picked up my faces yesterday and I am very happy with the outcome. Though they are slightly darker then what I was anticipating or wanting, I really like the color and the best thing is, depending on what light and angle you see them at, they color change.

I will have to get some more pics as yesterday the sun was already going down so couldnt really capture the color directly from the sun.

I should be picking up my calipers tonight hopefully. I have already been looking at tires and I think i'm going a different route this time. Want to move on to something a little cheaper than the PSS.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:33 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
That's a beautiful color. Don't know what to call it, but I do know I like it.
Daddy Fat Sacs (01-30-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 10:05 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
man looks really GOOD!
Old 01-26-2018, 09:47 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

I'm sure the anticipation is killing you. As far as tires Tirerack has pretty good pricing on Hankook Ventus V12 Evos in the sizes we talked about.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:40 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
WOW. Those are going to look amazing on your G!!
Old 01-30-2018, 11:09 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
That's a beautiful color. Don't know what to call it, but I do know I like it.
The color is Translucent Copper

Originally Posted by blnewt
I'm sure the anticipation is killing you. As far as tires Tirerack has pretty good pricing on Hankook Ventus V12 Evos in the sizes we talked about.
Thanks Brad, and yea I saw the Hankook's on sale too. Might go with them, but also might go a cheaper route for the remainder of this year as I'm dropping quite a bit into the car again and discovered my rear diff bushing went out on me sometime within the last 2 weeks

Thanks guys for the compliments. Went last Friday to get my calipers only to discover my buddy fff'ed them up with the lack of paint. lots of spots ont he front of the calipers were still shades of gray....he talked me into letting him redo them and was having another guy come over who has more experience to help. So keeping my fingers crossed but may just end up taking them to a professional at this point.

No surprise to anyone here but it NEVER ENDS!

About the only bright spot was I put on the STS. Man what a difference. Nice and tight engagement. My only gripe would be that at times it feels as though its hard to put it in 1st now....not sure if anyone has similar experience?
Old 01-30-2018, 12:11 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Damn, sorry to hear about the caliper finish All the time you spend to get things just right and BAM!

Hopefully his associate can make things right, and is he a good friend, otherwise just give him the boot, lol.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:00 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
About the only bright spot was I put on the STS. Man what a difference. Nice and tight engagement. My only gripe would be that at times it feels as though its hard to put it in 1st now....not sure if anyone has similar experience?

I notice it in 2nd gear sometimes when I just started it and it is really cold (ie. trans fluid similar to molasses). A weighted shift **** helps quite a bit with shift feel too if you don't already have one.