"Scarlett" - 6MT Sedan True Unicorn in Malbec Black

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 07:20 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
This is awesome, hell yeah.

I went with the Osram 66240 CBI (5500K) and love them.

Are you upgrading to AdminTuning intakes?
Thank you and as of right now I'm looking at the GB for Mike Upton's 3" intakes. They are about $100-150 cheaper than Admins pending options you choose.

I know not the greatest pics here but hit my bolts with the polisher and man what a night and day difference. Brought it back to life. I soaked them in some white distilled vinegar and then scrubbed them with a brush to get all the rust and some oxidation off. This is going to take alot of time as there are a easily 200 bolts for these wheels.

Cross comparison

Last edited by Daddy Fat Sacs; 02-14-2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:47 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Well I finally tackled my headlights again. Took out the Starry Nights, replaced with the new Profile Prism line from The Retrofit Source and also redid my demon eyes to now be mounted at the top of the projector and are a hell of alot brighter now! Had some wiring issues with the Prisms as they have independent ballast per halo which was a pain trying to mount all 4 of them. First initial though is I like the diffuser gel covers better than just the bare led boards showing. Biggest draw back is the lack of colors, options, lighting combinations. I truly do wish the Starry Nights would have lasted the first time.

I also swapped out the light bulbs and put in the new Osram's and man are they bright with an even more defined cutoff line! Will get pics and vids shortly for comparison.

I also found out the my fogs blew a fuse, replaced it and now only the driver side fog lights up....very very odd. Plan on going to buy a multimeter to see if I can pinpoint whats going on.

Unfortunately I did not get the bushing and subframe collars in this weekend as planned . Mechanic was busy and I have other plans for this up coming weekend so I can only shoot for March 3/4th hopefully.

On a whole other note....I have a very good friend offer to sell and install his extra Stillen SC kit with upgraded pulleys, SC was just rebuilt with ceramic ball bearings, and system is full turn key for an extremely reasonable price. Seriously considering it and trying to weigh my pros and cons..............
Old 02-20-2018, 10:00 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
On a whole other note....I have a very good friend offer to sell and install his extra Stillen SC kit with upgraded pulleys, SC was just rebuilt with ceramic ball bearings, and system is full turn key for an extremely reasonable price. Seriously considering it and trying to weigh my pros and cons..............
Very interesting. Let me know if you do not take it. I may be interested.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:08 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
And I’ll send you a link for the key fob. It is a cover. The real fob was like $60 which I was not willing to spend
Any word on that link? How does it look from the front? Thanks!
Old 03-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

So a few updates, after much research on the SC kit I decided to pass at this time. Although I like the setup and upgrades offered, I would truly want air to air cooling which is another $1500 just for the package + install + gauges + gauge pod and as the total kept climbing it pushed me further and further away.

On a good note here, I was finally able to get my rear diff bushing swapped and also got the aluminum collars in last night! I know it sounds like a butt dyno or placebo effect, but man the rear end is planted. Went on some spirited drives afterwards from rolling to standstill and the car feels amazing. My tires are shot so the rear end just wants to get sideways now but really cant wait to get new wheels and tires on.

Havent had a chance to push it through corners yet due to my current tires, but soon enough. Some pics for your enjoyment. I did not get any with the collars being they are black and now submerged into the sub frame.

The following users liked this post:
Calg37USMC (03-02-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 09:19 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Well I believe its past due for an update. I unfortunately had a life changing event occur last month and was MIA for awhile.

A few updates, after learning that my Volk's had an original clear coat on them I decided to let a professional strip that off, polish the barrels, and then clear coat them. Hopefully they should be done within the next few days.

I am awaiting for my new stickers to arrive for my Akebonos so I can finally put them on the car.

I ended up selling my entire carbon fiber trim to my brother and in the mean time I wrapped the trim in gloss metallic purple/blue vinyl.

I have recently been in contact with Atlanta Carbon to have my trim pieces done in a new color carbon. Going to switch up the theme in my interior. Will get some pics uploaded in a few weeks.

One thing to report is that I have discovered a squeak in my suspension, I believe it has formed after installing the aluminum subframe collars? Definitely not certain and haven't even made an attempt yet at locating it. Trying my best to finish everything up before Zdayz
Old 04-07-2018, 05:00 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Hope all is well on your end, sorry to hear about the setback(s). Look forward to seeing these next steps come together. Hope your luck is taking a better turn
Daddy Fat Sacs (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 09:01 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Thanks Brad! I appreciate it.

I did get a call today that my barrels are done, so I'll be picking those up this afternoon.

Got the pics uploaded of the wrap

I did pickup some Cquartz to ceramic coat my wheels and headlights

Also a very LONG over due addition was my carbon fiber rear spoiler. I just installed it over the weekend and of course it has rained everyday since so please excuse the extremely dirty car and crappy potato pic for now. Fitment was nearly dead on with the exception on maybe a 1/4" on each side. Aside from that, it sits flush with the roof line and I absolutely love the curvature as its not over the top and ties the rest of the rear end together.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:03 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Coming together nicely, that wrap looks like a nice job too!
Daddy Fat Sacs (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 07:12 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
I want to be a copy cat soo bad lol. I love that vinyl color!
Old 04-11-2018, 09:10 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Calg37USMC
I want to be a copy cat soo bad lol. I love that vinyl color!
Thanks Cal. Good news is, Ive already peeled it off and my trim is out for work. I'll more than glad to pm you the link for it. The film was great, bubble free, stretched great, did not tear, and easy to work with.

On another note, I picked up my barrels yesterday and needless to say I'm not very happy with the outcome. When I picked up the wheels it was raining extremely hard and so I didnt have a good chance to fully inspect the wheels at that time. When I got home and truly inspected them, I could not believe my eyes as to the finish on them.

I took them to a well known company thats been around for 28 years now and they complete everything wheels related, lots and lots of high end cars/wheels there at any time. Anyway, what I requested was very short. Polish my barrels including outer lips and powder clearcoat so I wont have to worry about needing to re-polish them. I noticed alot of pitting now on the barrels, guy tried telling me thats what happens when the wheels are old and you powdercoat them. You can also see the fine scratches in the lips as if they never fully polished them. I'll take pics today hopefully as it was raining pretty hard all day yesterday. Waiting a callback from the owner but now also worried about taking them back.

I swear if I didnt have bad luck I wouldnt have none.

On a brighter note, I did fully ceramic my faces and center caps last night!
Old 04-11-2018, 11:40 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Great progress man, love the way this car is coming out.
Daddy Fat Sacs (04-17-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 10:34 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

On another note, I picked up my barrels yesterday and needless to say I'm not very happy with the outcome. When I picked up the wheels it was raining extremely hard and so I didnt have a good chance to fully inspect the wheels at that time. When I got home and truly inspected them, I could not believe my eyes as to the finish on them.

I took them to a well known company thats been around for 28 years now and they complete everything wheels related, lots and lots of high end cars/wheels there at any time. Anyway, what I requested was very short. Polish my barrels including outer lips and powder clearcoat so I wont have to worry about needing to re-polish them. I noticed alot of pitting now on the barrels, guy tried telling me thats what happens when the wheels are old and you powdercoat them. You can also see the fine scratches in the lips as if they never fully polished them. I'll take pics today hopefully as it was raining pretty hard all day yesterday. Waiting a callback from the owner but now also worried about taking them back.

I swear if I didnt have bad luck I wouldnt have none.
Darn, just when you think things are going your way
Sucks to take the time and expense to have your wheels refinished from a place that's got good reviews only to be disappointed. Hopefully the shop will give it another go, and will be a satisfactory job, those wheels & your great G deserve it!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:03 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Well Brad I wish it was that easy but I'm not having them touch the wheels again. At this point it took them 3 weeks and god forbid I turn them over again. I disputed the charge and we'll see where that takes me. As of now, the wheels have been powder coated clear inside and out and frankly I'm tired of going through the hurdles with these. I actaully just put the faces back in last night.

ZDayz is less than a month away so i'm just going to rock them as-is. Maybe one day down the line I may just have the lips PC to something else. I also ceramic coated all 4 wheels last night including hardware and center caps.

Without further a do....

Also got my oil slick caliper stickers in so I can finish those up hopefully this Sunday.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:34 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Simply beautiful. Love that finish.

What kind of lug nuts are you going to use? With all that silver hardware, I'm guessing closed-end and polished metal. But you've got a pretty flashy car, OP, and I'm no longer surprised by anything you do.

Any chance you customize a set of center caps with more turtle? I'm not mocking your Tommy obsession... actually think that would be a pretty amazing detail.
Daddy Fat Sacs (04-17-2018)