"Scarlett" - 6MT Sedan True Unicorn in Malbec Black - Page 11 - MyG37

Build Threads

"Scarlett" - 6MT Sedan True Unicorn in Malbec Black

Old 05-18-2017, 11:00 AM   #151
r2dmax

I love the grey, but I think the burnt copper will bring out some more/different undertones in the Malbec Black. I know this isn't the Burnt Copper, but I do know that color. I say go for it!
r2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to r2dmax For This Useful Post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #152
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Thanked 4,061 Times in 3,443 Posts
I like that wheels color and looks like you did a nice job, but now you need new lug nut color, lol (it never ends)
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:14 AM   #153
Daddy Fat Sacs

so today will start the process and prepping for modding my headlights. For any of those that have done this mod, I'm open ear to any tips, hints, or suggestions. Wish me luck
Daddy Fat Sacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:53 AM   #154
MaQG37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs View Post
so today will start the process and prepping for modding my headlights. For any of those that have done this mod, I'm open ear to any tips, hints, or suggestions. Wish me luck
Buy some butyl tape from the retrofit source to re-seal. Take your time with the headlights and if it's your first time, I would dedicate a weekend towards it depending on how much modification you are doing. Also, if you're opening up the headlights, you should swap in the STi-R lens and mod the shield for a sharp cutoff. My build thread has more details.

As far as painting that ribbed section right below the projector lens, most people say to leave it un-touched because it will bubble. If you add in the STI-R lens and leave in a hot climate such as myself...it'll bubble regardless. Ask me how I know

If you got any more small questions, send me a PM. I'm happy to answer.
MaQG37 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaQG37 For This Useful Post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 09:33 AM   #155
Daddy Fat Sacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaQG37 View Post
Buy some butyl tape from the retrofit source to re-seal. Take your time with the headlights and if it's your first time, I would dedicate a weekend towards it depending on how much modification you are doing. Also, if you're opening up the headlights, you should swap in the STi-R lens and mod the shield for a sharp cutoff. My build thread has more details.

As far as painting that ribbed section right below the projector lens, most people say to leave it un-touched because it will bubble. If you add in the STI-R lens and leave in a hot climate such as myself...it'll bubble regardless. Ask me how I know

If you got any more small questions, send me a PM. I'm happy to answer.
Thanks and I guess you haven't been through this thread, but everything you've already mentioned has been purchased and then some and I believe I qualify for a "hot climate" here in Tampa. I may end up painting the whole bezel then if its none for bubbling regardless. But I do appreciate the feedback and I'll hit you up if I have any questions this weekend.
Daddy Fat Sacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:06 PM   #156
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Thanked 4,061 Times in 3,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs View Post
Thanks and I guess you haven't been through this thread, but everything you've already mentioned has been purchased and then some and I believe I qualify for a "hot climate" here in Tampa. I may end up painting the whole bezel then if its none for bubbling regardless. But I do appreciate the feedback and I'll hit you up if I have any questions this weekend.
J, I found that once you heat the lights it's best to pry in just a small area rather than trying to pry all along the edge. Once you get a little lift in that area just get your finger (or a padded screwdriver) in there and gently keep prying. This worked well for me, the first light I tried to pry all along the edges and it wasn't nearly as easy. Also, if you find the seal starts to harden it's no problem putting them back in for a reheat, much better than trying to pry cold adhesive.
G/L
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (05-26-2017)
Old 05-27-2017, 07:24 PM   #157
luiscar93

Love this build! Makes me wanna keep my G!! Still contemplating
luiscar93 is offline   Reply With Quote