Build Threads

@mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 06:01 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

Thanks @blnewt for diagram/link for rotating tires on the awd cars! Just getting ready for track this weekend. Doing oil change also. Switching from mobile 1 back to Motul 8100 and a new brand filter to me call “full”

Got a buddy giving me this oil/filter setup for same price as mobile one. Buying a few oil changes worth just to have ready to go lol. Still plan on changing at 5k intervals.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Slow VQ
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love this thread! I'm About to make the jump to nitrous as well, probably start with 100 shot and work my way to 150
Old 02-22-2018, 12:58 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Slow VQ
Love this thread! I'm About to make the jump to nitrous as well, probably start with 100 shot and work my way to 150

Nice! That’s whats up! What setup you running?
Old 02-23-2018, 10:30 AM
Slow VQ
Registered Member

As of now just some minor bolt ons, I was getting ready to start assembling nitrous parts but dont know what controller to buy. I want a WOT, Window switch and progressive all in one but cant seem to find one that will work with flyby wire.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:28 PM
mvx
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Great thread and great G!!!
Old 03-03-2018, 12:27 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mvx
Great thread and great G!!!
Thanks man!
Old 03-03-2018, 12:30 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Finally hit 12s!
Previous best runs!
Old 03-03-2018, 01:49 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
That is really cool! Gives me goals. I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you will answer.
One is about how the car behaves now in the low rpm range (for example torque response) with the bigger intake and tb compared to your previous setup or stock setup.
For daily use, is it more of a pooch from a stop light or better than before? Obviously at the strip you have picked up quite a bit.
The other question I have is about the 7AT (since my car is also AWD). I'm wondering how the Uprev tune changed the darn interference of the traction control module and if the shifting is better. Did you get a better trans to go with the upgrades?
Thanks again for all the build updates!
Old 03-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Invaderzim
That is really cool! Gives me goals. I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you will answer.
One is about how the car behaves now in the low rpm range (for example torque response) with the bigger intake and tb compared to your previous setup or stock setup.
For daily use, is it more of a pooch from a stop light or better than before? Obviously at the strip you have picked up quite a bit.
The other question I have is about the 7AT (since my car is also AWD). I'm wondering how the Uprev tune changed the darn interference of the traction control module and if the shifting is better. Did you get a better trans to go with the upgrades?
Thanks again for all the build updates!
1) How different does car behave at low rpm. Won’t be able to compare to stock since it’s been so long but modded vs modded setups definitely surprises me at times when I have it in drive and I get to speed limit so fast not wot just crusing as if cop was behind me. Best 0-60 on previous setup was around 4.5-4.7, now it’s 4.2-4.3 every time.
I would say it feels like it gets up to speed faster even in low rpm. I drove the car on old setup for 2 years(stillen g3 and 63mm oem tb) and haven’t noticed any major negative differences. Even in low rpm I feel as if car pulls faster then before. (Still working out extreme cold starts where car revs to 2500-3000rpm for 30 seconds on super cold start)

2) uprev tune and 7at. Everything stock on trans for now. With new retune on uprev the trans shifts hard. Reallly really hard. It’s always been kinda smooth, now it lets you know when you change every gear lol (also a work in progress and still finishing the e85 tune. I’m sure this has a lot to do with it.)

As far as traction control goes, that’s the second button I touch every time I get in the car. First button is obviously start button. Can’t stand how intrusive the traction control is. I don’t drive with it on ever so I couldn’t tell you if uprev fixed any of that. I rarely have power cut from driving with it when I turn it off. Sometimes I get a second light that looks similar to tc light and blinks/flashes for less than a second or two and very minimally cuts power. Very rare. 95% or more of the time it won’t do this. Seems to do it more in a situation off tires with low tread, trying to floor it while making a turn, maybe turning onto a freshly paved street or in rain or something like that. I’m 100% ok with how it drives with traction control off, it always delivers power when I need it and new arc feature if I brake boost for longer than 3 seconds it will unlock the front tires from acceleration and blink awd light and proceed to roast the tires off in the back. I found this out by accident and haven’t done it since until I find out that it’s safe to do that. But can officially say I did one burnout in this car now. Didn’t pull any fuses or etc. I’m thinking it’s notbgood for car but yes it’s possible. I love the awd and will not be turning it off on purpose for now.

Trans is next on list but as it sits it’s completely stock. Even down to the freshly changed fluid. I’ll be doing a level 10 vb and a 2800 stall and finally installing trans cooler all at same time eventually.

Sorry if that didn’t answer exactly what your looking for, if that’s the case I will try my best with your next comment.

Thanks for the interest.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:17 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Great info. Really appreciate it. I'm in the process of getting parts together and trying to decide how far I want to go and how much to put away for it. The big throttle bodies seem to be more common now than before. Bunches of people on Facebook with them. It looks like the tuners are getting better at dialing them in but I haven't seen any Ecutek tuners doing them. Wonder why?
Old 03-04-2018, 09:18 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

changed up

Last edited by Mattlorentzoe; 08-08-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Stachuu
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Good read, lot of stuff can be learned from it.

About those maxima TB's, what year of maxima do they come from or do you have part number? do you need any special adapters?
Old 03-04-2018, 02:29 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

I get where you are coming from. I've been down this path with other stuff I own (snowmobiles, guitars, house ect.) Personally, I can't leave anything be. But I enjoy the journey and learning curve so I don't linger in regret too much. It's still cheaper than going thru women lol.
You should be proud. I would be. It's your car, your money to do with what you want.
Not depressing at all. One of the most informative N/A builds I have read so far on this forum. Most of us know that staying N/A is not going to be really competetive w/ the growing FI crowd and Nissan isn't the best brand to throw money at for performance gains per dollar so why do it? Because it's stupid fun and we like the cars. Nothing wrong with that in my book.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:26 PM
Slow VQ
Registered Member

Just went to the track yesterday, best time by far, I cant wait to see what times im going to run when I start spraying. Im basically stock, MODs are , Art pipe Uprev tune with ARC and E85. Everything else is completely stock.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Slow VQ

Just went to the track yesterday, best time by far, I cant wait to see what times im going to run when I start spraying. Im basically stock, MODs are , Art pipe Uprev tune with ARC and E85. Everything else is completely stock.

that is an incredible time for just test pipes and e85 tune! I have everything done you can and just barely got into 12s lol. Who tuned it?

Quick Reply: @mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)