Build Threads

@mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

Old 10-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Look forward to the install & your impressions, keep us posted sir.
Only couple hours on them so far. The guy installing said they were ok quality but that the spl stuff that was being installed was top of line. I’m thrilled so far. Car handles amazing now. Wow, just wow. Hopefully it settles at 26.5 or so (ground to fender) all the way around. I feel like the performance is better. My car used to squat really bad when you get on it with stock suspension. Now it just goes forward. This should of been done a long time ago. The rear is much much stiffer now. It’s perfect.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Why did I wait till last to do coils??? Man what a difference.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:47 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Oem Rear
Oem Front
Spl front and rear
Front
Rear
Spl switched out the wrong gtr control arm with correct new set in person at z nationals. The guys couldn’t of been nicer. I also received front and rear endlinks. We all know the rear end links fits same rwd and awd but the front doesn’t fit g37x . Spl made me a front prototype to try out on my x. I’ll be installing one day this week and will post a bunch of pictures of all the suspension stuff installed. So far extremely happy with my experience with spl. Sometime problems happen, and when it did spl fixed it right away! 10/10 quality and service.

Last edited by Mattlorentzoe; 10-23-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:31 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Spl Front end links fit! Lol it’s a good day.

Super excited about the new setup. Car handles like a dream compared to oem. Still playing with setting on coils. But very happy. We will see soon enough the real question. I have had a few (quite a few) people ask about the new admin intake and eps throttle bodies. They are prob around 2 weeks away (ordered a month ago). Also ordered the eps breather kit (pcv delete).

Moncef will I’ll also be retuning me for e85 with just injectors and tune. Hoping to make some good power all across rpm range.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (10-26-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 08:45 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Old 11-15-2017, 01:04 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Low 13s is impressive, can you list what power mods you had at the time? 105 trap is nice.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by qmantran
Low 13s is impressive, can you list what power mods you had at the time? 105 trap is nice.

Stillen Gen 3 intakes
63mm throttle bodies
z1 plenum
z1 lower manifold
stillen ceramic headers
fast Intentions 2.5 inch resonated test pipes and exhaust.

Also so wasn’t able to adjust the dampeners on the coils in the rear for the race it was on the stiffest setting front and rear. All seasons with rpf1 and full suspension.

I think it it will make it to 12s with 3 inch admin intake and 70mm tb with retune on 93/e85 on new injectors. During race it’s stock fuel system. Not to mention come with 1/8 tank instead of half tank.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:34 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Got a re wrapped wheel from @Ryne. Highly recommended, incredible quality. Did black on black so that it looks stock. The seats even match the wheel with the perforated (I think this is the word) leather.
UPDATE: Moncef is shipping out on this tues. Admin intakes, eps tb, injectors And uprev cord. Going to be tuning for 93 and e85. Fingers crossed for improvements in 0-110. GOAL is for it to be 10.xx something in 0-100, currently its consistently at 11.2. No brake boosting just in d.

The following users liked this post:
Ryne (01-05-2018)
Old 12-30-2017, 09:36 AM
qmantran
Registered Member

I like your progress man. Keep it up. I really love how your car looks nearly stock from the outside. Besides the drop and wheels, nobody would have guessed you got a low 13 second G!

I'm looking forward to seeing how your car responds to the 3" admin intakes + 70mm TB + retune.

How soon will you be installing?

Have you ever given Synolimit ported upper + lower intake manifold a consideration? I know you have Z1, but from what I hear they aren't really worth it.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:04 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

I like your progress man. Keep it up. I really love how your car looks nearly stock from the outside. Besides the drop and wheels, nobody would have guessed you got a low 13 second G!

I'm looking forward to seeing how your car responds to the 3" admin intakes + 70mm TB + retune.

Have you ever given Synolimit ported upper + lower intake manifold a consideration? I know you have Z1, but from what I hear they aren't really worth it.
I will install as soon as I get them. Hopefully next week, ships Tuesday. I’m going to do upgrades shipping. I placed my order in August 2017, been itching to install ever since.

I was told z1 plenum was the best compared to motordyne m370. Heard it had the best gains up top. Also synolimit did my throttle bodies and lower mani once before. Great guy. Great price. Honestly that might be what I have on there on the lower, I know the upper is z1. At the moment not interested in swapping it unless I find out that either isn’t performing optimal.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:13 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

And thanks on the sleeper look. I love it, and hate it. I have to beg for races, lol. People don’t want to race a stock looking sedan but when they do, it puts up a good fight. And realistically the drop still has some wheel gap and only 17 inch rims with all season tires, people laugh when I say let’s race from zero or 20 lol
It hangs with my buddies 6.0 6mt gto and I stay within half a car from 20-120, at the 40 roll we are neck and neck with edge to me. Only race I’ve had with a new auto 5.0 was from 0 and I smoked him. He wouldn’t of caught me in the 1/4. I’m thinking he would win after 100 or so on a roll and start pulling on me.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:56 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Originally Posted by lorentzoe45
And thanks on the sleeper look. I love it, and hate it. I have to beg for races, lol. People don’t want to race a stock looking sedan but when they do, it puts up a good fight. And realistically the drop still has some wheel gap and only 17 inch rims with all season tires, people laugh when I say let’s race from zero or 20 lol
It hangs with my buddies 6.0 6mt gto and I stay within half a car from 20-120, at the 40 roll we are neck and neck with edge to me. Only race I’ve had with a new auto 5.0 was from 0 and I smoked him. He wouldn’t of caught me in the 1/4. I’m thinking he would win after 100 or so on a roll and start pulling on me.
Get a dash cam so I can subscribe to you on YouTube

I have a few videos myself. Not brave enough to call out 5.0 Mustangs or GTOs yet lol
Old 12-30-2017, 05:45 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Get a dash cam so I can subscribe to you on YouTube

I have a few videos myself. Not brave enough to call out 5.0 Mustangs or GTOs yet lol
We’ll fortunately/unfortunately most of my friends have fast cars lol it goes both ways.

Dash cam huh? Any recommendations? Which do you have?
Old 12-31-2017, 12:36 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Originally Posted by lorentzoe45
We’ll fortunately/unfortunately most of my friends have fast cars lol it goes both ways.

Dash cam huh? Any recommendations? Which do you have?
You may have came across my channel on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/qmantra..._as=subscriber

The more expensive dash cams have a "parking mode" feature which means after you turn your car off and park it, the dash cam will remain on and continue recording certain events. The Dash cam has a motion sensor and G-sensor. If it detects something moving past the front or rear camera it will kick on and record for 20 seconds. It will show footage of 10 seconds before the motion detection and 10 seconds after the motion detection. This way you can see what lead up to the event.

Same for the G-sensor. If it detects a bump/shock ie. someone bumping your car, it will record a 20 second file. 10 seconds of what lead up to the event and 10 seconds after the event.

The Dashcam I have is the Thinkware F750. It's a bit dated (2 years old) now but it does the job. The newer version is the Thinkware F800 which has a "night vision" mode that makes video recording at night look a lot more brighter.

Thinkware F750 -
Amazon Amazon

Thinkware F800 -
Amazon Amazon

However, if I was in the market for a dash cam I would look at the new Blackvue DR750S. The front facing camera records in 60FPS which is very very smooth and clear.

Blackvue DR750S -
Amazon Amazon

I look at dash cameras as a safety and security investment. If you get rear-ended at a stop sign or someone hits your vehicle backing out of a parking spot while your inside walmart, you will have footage to show it.

I haven't used it for insurance purposes yet, but that's the main reason why I bought it in the first place. I have a nice car so I figured I would invest in a quality dash cam for it.

Skip to 0:45 in the video above to see the buttery smooth 60FPS camera in action.

Last edited by qmantran; 12-31-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: @mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)