Build Threads

@mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 12:34 PM
wannabetoughguy
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thoughts on supercharging Matt?

I also own an AWD sedan and someone at Soho told me last week that their single turbo kit won't fit AWD cars, but the Topgunz Supercharger and Soho air 2 air upgrade do fit. While the stillen supercharger will produce safe torque numbers for the 7AT, will the supercharger route wear out the motor quicker than single turbo with similar power levels. I believe I read that you we're considering supercharging the car which is why I ask.

​​​​​
​​​​​

​​​​
Old 02-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabetoughguy
Thoughts on supercharging Matt?

I also own an AWD sedan and someone at Soho told me last week that their single turbo kit won't fit AWD cars, but the Topgunz Supercharger and Soho air 2 air upgrade do fit. While the stillen supercharger will produce safe torque numbers for the 7AT, will the supercharger route wear out the motor quicker than single turbo with similar power levels. I believe I read that you we're considering supercharging the car which is why I ask.

​​​​​
​​​​​

​​​​
So I have definitely hit the same road block. Was going to single turbo. Now I think I will go back to nitrous. Start with 100shot. I’m also acquiring another vhr motor to slowly build on the side. I’m constantly changing my mind but as of right now nitrous is the plan again lol. I was dumb to of sold my kit before lol I would be ready to go if I hadn’t. Lol sold the kit and was going to keep “as is” then blew trans not long after. Instead of taking the cheap route I decided to build it...haha now I got to much money tied up for it not to have some source of forced induction.

Supercharger would be cool but I’m also afraid I will loose reliability on track days and etc.!
Nitrous is for Mexico and the strip. My shop that built my car just bought a nitrous refill station lol.
The following users liked this post:
wannabetoughguy (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 01:05 PM
wannabetoughguy
Registered Member

Two more questions,

1) In order to do the lsd swap a custom driveshaft must be meausreed and fitted and a slide joint must be added to that custom driveshaft. Does that cover everything as far as the driveshaft is concerned? How would I articulate this part of the job to a shop?

2) In order to fit aftermarket headers with no rubbing or clearence issues on AWD cars are Z1 motor mounts all that is needed?
Old 02-11-2019, 01:19 PM
wannabetoughguy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mattlorentzoe

So I have definitely hit the same road block. Was going to single turbo. Now I think I will go back to nitrous. Start with 100shot. I’m also acquiring another vhr motor to slowly build on the side. I’m constantly changing my mind but as of right now nitrous is the plan again lol. I was dumb to of sold my kit before lol I would be ready to go if I hadn’t. Lol sold the kit and was going to keep “as is” then blew trans not long after. Instead of taking the cheap route I decided to build it...haha now I got to much money tied up for it not to have some source of forced induction.

Supercharger would be cool but I’m also afraid I will loose reliability on track days and etc.!
Nitrous is for Mexico and the strip. My shop that built my car just bought a nitrous refill station lol.
What I've gathered from those running nitrous on auto 370Zs was that a window switch cutting off spray at 7k was best for the longevity of the tranny (spraying at 7k or higher would wear out the clutch packs quickly). I'm more worried about adding 100wtq than 100whp to the 7AT.

Anyways I'm sute you will go FI before the rest of us that plan to with our AWD cars so best of luck. My plans are FBO and a 75 wet shot not sure if a $7000 supercharger is worth the risk maybe the 75hp kit is best for longevity.

​​​​​
Old 04-13-2019, 10:25 AM
KellingFrenzy
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally got new exhaust on. Couldn't be happier. No rasp at all with resonated test pipes and the 18 inch resonators. Super happy with the install it was very easy (wish I had a lift). The idle is so deep, sounds great.

Glad I went 2.5 inch. Entire 2.5 inch setup weighs 65lbs per fast intentions. Oem exhaust is roughly the same, around 65 as well so no significant weight change here.

Still waiting on some time to do valve body then it's off to z1 for nitrous tune. Hoping to make 400/350 wheel with 100 shot nitrous and a retune off bottle should be around 335/275 wheel.

Boi she looks good underneath...
Old 04-13-2019, 10:36 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Removed the Fast intentions exhaust

went with soho y pipe and single exit

Old 04-13-2019, 10:36 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by KellingFrenzy
Boi she looks good underneath...
thanks bro removed this exhaust and sold it locally.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:46 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Lots of changes on this car. I am not longer tuned with admin tuning. Soho handles all tuning on my car now.

Also swapping in the (GEN 4)75mm conversion from rabbithole motorsports.
It consists of 3 inch intakes with welded on vstack, 75mm maxima Tb, custom oem ported plenum, ceramic coated port matched lower manifold.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mattlorentzoe:
jpowersjr2 (04-13-2019), wannabetoughguy (04-15-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 10:47 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Troll level 800%. Put a g25 badge on the trunk.
The following users liked this post:
GdaddyNY (05-19-2020)
Old 04-13-2019, 02:09 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Lots of changes on this car. I am not longer tuned with admin tuning. Soho handles all tuning on my car now.

Also swapping in the (GEN 4)75mm conversion from rabbithole motorsports.
It consists of 3 inch intakes with welded on vstack, 75mm maxima Tb, custom oem ported plenum, ceramic coated port matched lower manifold.
Benefits from going this route vs. what you had? I'm always curious about new stuff hitting the scene. Thanks for the update!
Old 04-13-2019, 05:12 PM
GdaddyNY
Registered Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Troll level 800%. Put a g25 badge on the trunk.
Hahahahaha! I don’t think anyone will believe that when they hear and see your car. Props though, that’s classic
Old 04-13-2019, 08:52 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Man I can't wait to see all this. Your exhaust looks great, Nik and SOHO really do a good job. He's supposed to be sending me a single turbo build quote (for my dreams lol) soon.

I'll be doing all the goodies from Rabbit Hole Motorsports as well. Then hitting up Moncef for an e-tune.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:04 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Man I can't wait to see all this. Your exhaust looks great, Nik and SOHO really do a good job. He's supposed to be sending me a single turbo build quote (for my dreams lol) soon.

I'll be doing all the goodies from Rabbit Hole Motorsports as well. Then hitting up Moncef for an e-tune.
I wish I had found soho long time ago. It’s been a pleasure to work with them. Couldn’t be happier.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Invaderzim
Benefits from going this route vs. what you had? I'm always curious about new stuff hitting the scene. Thanks for the update!
we will soon find out the 75mm conversion details and I’ll have some facts for you

Couldn't be happier with new tune and single exit!!!
jpowersjr2 (04-14-2019), wannabetoughguy (04-15-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 05:16 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Also I had major problems with royalty performance. Do not associate me with them for any reason. For those who tried to get into the group buy, I’m sorry it didn’t work out. I kept my bell diff brace and couldn’t be happier with its performance.

I will not be recommending them anymore. Sorry for the confusion. I am tired of having to have things done 2x. Soho is my new shop. They handle all major work and all tuning. Be on the look out for low 12s in the 1/4 mike this season.
jpowersjr2 (04-14-2019), zer099 (04-14-2019)

Quick Reply: @mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)