Build Threads

@mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 07:23 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Great to hear of your positive reviews on your tune results, that Trans improvement really has me wanting to move this up my list.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 01-30-2018, 08:14 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

Very happy with it. Have a custom strut tower brace bar being made, since the cusco is so cheaply made. I can bend the bar going from side to side with one finger, imagine what turning at 70 mph in this 3700lbs car would do to it...

Those filters behind the grill though

Lol yes I'm aware of the wheel gap.

Gutted trunk
Old 01-30-2018, 08:17 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

changed up

Last edited by Mattlorentzoe; 08-08-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:35 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Smashed my goal of just getting into the 10.xx’s.
already at 10.7, which is half a second faster than before. Still dialing in cold start. Pulls so hard to red line. Cant wait to try e85. 4.2 0-60 (this is Best time I’ve got so far, 1 other run was 4.4 so posting the slower of 2)
4.4 0-60 (previous best was 4.5 on old setup)
10.7 0-100 (previous best was 11.2 on old setup)

Still has a little more in it before we try e85.

Personal Best
Previous Best was .91 on acceleration
The following users liked this post:
Calg37USMC (01-31-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 10:14 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Looks basically stock lol

Going to get 3/8 inch washers and cut a slot out of it to slide it under the front tower strut brace. The missing slot will allow me to place the washer in between without taking everything completely off. Well see, doing it in couple days

Driver tube

Pass tube

Pass side

Old 02-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by lorentzoe45
I’m not sponcered by any of those companies on my car and I paid full price. Here’s my honest opinion. ALREADY RUNNING FASTER TIMES, then I have ever been able to get. So far it’s .1 faster(my realistic goal of gaining .3 to get into the 10s for 0-100 is possible. Keep in mind that we are still workin on the tune and have only update the tune once and he already has it running good. I’m sure we have a couple more revisions to look at. Once the tune is done I’ll update. So question had been answered, I have made more power than I had before on my old setup. Already .1 faster. Just getting started tuning. The car pulls INCREDIBLY hard. I am having some issues with the quality of throttle bodies sent to me from eps. Looks terrible, didn’t even see where they scratched off the model number(maybe serial number) just so they can hide that it came off a maxima. Also the plate things on the inside are severely scratched. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE INTAKES. AT THIS POINT IM WAITING ON EPS RESPONCE WITH THIS ISSUE. Car pulls like a freight train now to red line. I’ve drove this car with fbo for maybe a year and half and noticed the difference immediately. Only thing im unhappy with is how shady eps is and why they scratched it up. These are $800 Tb. I feel like they should look good. (Throttle bodies physical issues isn’t related to admin tuning and Moncef)
Great build! Sucks going through all the trials and tribulations but they should also be a learning process as you go through them.

So I know you say the car is pulling harder and faster but I did not see where you had a tune before the 3" intakes? Im not trying to downplay anything but clearly there will be a big difference in tuned vs non. I also did not realize that you have to modify so much to make the intake fit, curious why you chose Admin over Mike Uptons?
Old 02-06-2018, 09:08 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Great build! Sucks going through all the trials and tribulations but they should also be a learning process as you go through them.

So I know you say the car is pulling harder and faster but I did not see where you had a tune before the 3" intakes? Im not trying to downplay anything but clearly there will be a big difference in tuned vs non. I also did not realize that you have to modify so much to make the intake fit, curious why you chose Admin over Mike Uptons?
Hey man!
So just check page 1 post 16. That will give details of what I had on that tune. 321whp/264tq was the best number I got so far. That was tuned at z1 by Jon on the dyno back in may 2016. Dyno sheets in the posts also. Here’s a video on YouTube of the run. Haven’t redynoed since may 2016 at z1

I will I’ll be doing a new dyno run when tuning on e85 is done.
Hoping for 340-350whp/275-285tq. LOL may not happen but I feel like I have easily done enough to gain 20 of each since last dyno FORSURE
Daddy Fat Sacs (02-06-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs

Also wasnt aware of another 3 inch intake. I know z1 and another shop is working up a 3 inch intake to do comparisons on vs the 2.5 inch just to see what the results are. Same day, same dyno, same car, only different intake. Should be cool to see.

I realize my way of testing isn’t the best, but it’s what I have to work with. Also I’m a numbers guy, so I like to see what little changes do. Would love to get some numbers off a local stock g37x sedan to compare.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:32 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by lorentzoe45
changed up
Thanks as I did not see your original dyno/tune sheet and retract my statement about feeling the difference. And yes, the 2 current 3" intakes that most go with are either Admin at a hefty $640 or Mike Upton's which start @$375. While he doesnt have a web site, he is known all across the FB pages. I dont have either intake so I am truly unbiased here, but I do believe Mike's have better fitment. Can't go wrong either way, but just informing you or whoever else may read this post.

When is the new dyno/E85 tune expected?

And I am one with you in trying to test whatever parts you can when you can but alot of times is very hard for everyday people to dyno/tune after each new mod is added. Most times all the **** is thrown on at once and you either go based off butt dyno or eventually the real thing. Either way, hats of to you for trying to take the time and documenting as much as you can.

Side note...was shocked to read that you still have the Z1 plenum after what occurred last year and further more that you had to have it ported correctly

Last edited by slartibartfast; 08-11-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:09 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

A bunch of nonsense

Last edited by Mattlorentzoe; 08-08-2018 at 07:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mattlorentzoe:
blnewt (02-06-2018), Daddy Fat Sacs (02-06-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 09:08 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Trying to wrap my head around this. So I can buy 2 MAXIMA THROTTLE BODIES and bolt them up no issues? Don’t you need the adapter? What about the plug looking thing that comes in the kit? What’s that for?
Old 02-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Having issues with car not getting enough fuel. Narrowed down to the fuel pump. Having to get the pump swirl jet drilled out on Monday.

Something is up with the car, it runs fine on a pull or a couple pulls and then it runs lean again..... air fuel ratio fluctuating like 10% on WOT.

Always something lol I’ll have a bunch of pictures when I go in on Monday. It should be a quick fix (less than hr)

LOL not going lie when I heard this I wanted to drop the oem fuel tank and put fuel cell in trunk. BUT I was told oem gas tank has a ship weight of around 35lbs so no weight saving there??? Can anybody confirm that?
Old 02-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Pump assembly
Rear seat removed...
Found all sorts of **** from last owner lol a pencil and little clips and what not
Rear pass side is where the pump assembly sits.
Rear driver side isn’t the access to the pump assembly.

Had the swirl jet drilled out(black slide out looking piece). Seems to run much better now. Hopefully this was the problem. The rear pass side of tank was almost full, even though I had only half a tank of gas in it. Hopefully that’s why it was starved of fuel... took 20 min to remove pump and drill out and place back in.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:44 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

changed up

Last edited by Mattlorentzoe; 08-08-2018 at 11:05 PM.
blnewt (02-13-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 05:54 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Well, it sounds like a racecar at times. Now it definitely smells like one lol. E85 is awesome, I shot fireballs on 93 at least a foot when high in rpm shifting. But now they are a tad louder. Seriously similar to a gun shot haha. Loving the stock look other than rims!
Been wanting this picture for a little while. Idk why seems like everybody does it but o well.
Moncef did his thing with the tune, we will see how she runs on the track this weekend. Car feels great. 3rd and 4th gear are monsters now.
Must of been meant to be... $37 on first fill up on e85!
E85 tester I bought on eBay. Put water to fill line at bottom, then put e85 to top line. Shake and let sit for a while. Shows ethanol content, haven’t bought a gauge yet. Also comes with something smell proof to put in so I can leave in my glovebox.
Finally cornfed!

just starting the tuning on e85, but 93 is all tuned up. going to 1/4 track this Friday, so I’ll post times this weekend and HOPEFULLY a few videos. Until then here’s some pictures

Quick Reply: @mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)