Build Threads

@mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Forgot to mention y’all, I have the car back and I have been driving it putting miles on it! No leaks or issues and I’ve checked religiously. The issue that happen was the seal on front diff was messed up(see pic below I believe it’s called input shaft seal? Could be super wrong). Replaced with new oem seal. Might I add that Justin at royalty performance fixed it at no cost to me no questions asked. Why is that cool? Cause that is 8-10 hrs shop labor each time to get to that seal and put it all back together. Have to drop entire subframe and who knows what else. Have to say, not many people would of done what he did. That would also mean if he didn’t, I would paying for around 16-20hrs labor just to get front diff situated. They didn’t have to do what they did, but the fact they did is incredible. Also that seal leaking isn’t something they caused. I bought a 10 year old used g35 diff off eBay.

Car is amazing and worth it in every way possible. Finalizing a tune and it’s done. Shout out to everyone that made it happen.

Let me try and sum up what my thoughts are for the car now.
-Best mod with Best noticed results I Have put on my car ever to date is the new diffs (especially the rear lsd) . Upgraded swaybars being my second most cost effective mod so far.

Think in your head, Picture 2 identical stock g37x sedan side by side.
-Only difference is one is Full bolt on (And I mean full bolt on)running E85, Uprev tuned(pick your fav tuner), with stock 7at and 3.35 gears.
-The other is Built 7at trans (level10tuned trans) and swapped g35 diffs with 3.69 gears and lsd rear. That’s it, all else stock otherwise. Which would you bet would win?

I think I can now honestly say the results will be more impressive on car with just the trans and diff work and Completely stock elsewhere, I think it would win a roll or dig race. Any race. Especially on road course race lol. The lsd is seriously life changing. I’m speechless with how planted the car is and how much grip it seems to now have even with same tires.
Im so serious from what I have seen so far in real life on my own car. Car has always been pretty fast off line(4.2 0-60), but now it’s actually fast like all the time. Highly recommended. Shifts are insane, yes they are hard super hard but never seen car accelerate so fast from roll or dig. Also the lsd feels like it easily tripled how planted the rear is. Can’t say for certain cause this isn’t cars only mod but it can only be the rear diff stuff or the subframe collars have been added that would make it handle like that that.

Would of never thought that myself, but hey this whole this has been a learning experience!

The following users liked this post:
Josh South (09-25-2023)
Old 08-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Old 08-08-2018, 09:07 PM
GdaddyNY
Registered Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
You just sold me on the 3.69’s. Thanks for the update. I guess I’ll be looking for diff’s and possible lsd.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by GdaddyNY
You just sold me on the 3.69’s. Thanks for the update. I guess I’ll be looking for diff’s and possible lsd.
It’s incredible, make sure you get exactly this as listed (make sure you get a lsd, no exceptions at all period lol)

2008 g35 rwd rear diff (lsd) around $200-400 followed by 2008 g35x awd front diff $150-300. You might need a custom driveshaft (got a steel 1 piece made delivered and installed for $550)

Also learn from this thread, replace all new seals and gaskets with oem lol. I also had them throw away every bolt, nut, etc that got loosened during the build and replace with new one since it’s a northern car. Also the rear diff bushing should be replaced If your replacing the diff. (Get z1 diff bushing tool or $200-300 ish shop labor whichever you prefer.
Check the z1 rear diff kit out, I picked whiteline bushings the new bigger diff cover looks so sick!

I only say 2008 because it’s last year for g35 so figured it might be the best? So maybe you can do 2007 also I believe.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:57 AM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Glad you went with the LSD!
Old 08-09-2018, 04:31 PM
jfridge92
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
This has been such a cool build! Glad to see the car is back together finally and not leaking any longer! I love all of David's reviews, he is one of my favorite channels so I will be highly anticipating your review once the car is finalized after break in!

Also, a side note: I moved from the Gwinnett/Lawrenceville area to FL last year, so I am bummed that I never got the chance to see your car around locally!
Old 08-10-2018, 08:48 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by zer099
Glad you went with the LSD!
couldn’t of done without ya! Still need to link up with you and let you borrow that oem driveshaft. Maybe I can borrow those scales lol.

Going to be getting rid of crappy k sports and switching to fear with swift springs. Would be cool to see how weight was carried on these k sports. (Damping sucks and non existent)The fear are compatible with the x and ballin quality.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:56 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by jfridge92
This has been such a cool build! Glad to see the car is back together finally and not leaking any longer! I love all of David's reviews, he is one of my favorite channels so I will be highly anticipating your review once the car is finalized after break in!

Also, a side note: I moved from the Gwinnett/Lawrenceville area to FL last year, so I am bummed that I never got the chance to see your car around locally!

Ya man thank god no more leaks! Just nailing down tune right now then z1 will put it on the dyno. (Numbers won’t be comparable since the gear change, but will be cool to see what it runs!). As soon as it’s broke in all the way I’ll be taking some videos and dynoing best believe. Wonder how low in 12s I can go na. Lol I remember when people laughed when I said I would get High 12s na, now we are deep into the 12s with only one way to find out how far! Race!

David a cool dude he also lives in Gwinnett. That’s cool you lived out here, zer099 is justup the street also
Old 10-01-2018, 11:50 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Little bit of an update.
Cars running great. Done with break in period on trans. Just in time for Zcon October 16-20.
Fun track days at road Atlanta and Atlanta motorsports Park!
Won a free set of tires from Yokohama and z1.

Ill finally be ditching my monster truck tires. Currently running 225/55/17. I’ll be swapping to 245/45/17 on the new set. Should help on the launch, lol I’m chirping first second and third.

Also plan to get a few passes on 1/4 mile track as soon as my tires are on. New record was set by Luke 12.69@108
Old 10-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Old 10-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Old 10-01-2018, 12:05 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Old 10-27-2018, 08:56 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Old 10-27-2018, 09:59 PM
GdaddyNY
Registered Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Was wondering what you’ve been up to. Looking good bro
Old 10-29-2018, 01:04 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Car is looking quick on the track!

was that a nissan event? I see lots of Z's and GTRs in the back

how were the drivetrain upgrades on the track? the LSD? bigger gears?

Quick Reply: @mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)