Build Threads

@mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Invaderzim
I get where you are coming from. I've been down this path with other stuff I own (snowmobiles, guitars, house ect.) Personally, I can't leave anything be. But I enjoy the journey and learning curve so I don't linger in regret too much. It's still cheaper than going thru women lol.
You should be proud. I would be. It's your car, your money to do with what you want.
Not depressing at all. One of the most informative N/A builds I have read so far on this forum. Most of us know that staying N/A is not going to be really competetive w/ the growing FI crowd and Nissan isn't the best brand to throw money at for performance gains per dollar so why do it? Because it's stupid fun and we like the cars. Nothing wrong with that in my book.
thanks for the kind words sir!
Old 03-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Your welcome!
Old 03-19-2018, 11:38 AM
Slow VQ
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lorentzoe45

that is an incredible time for just test pipes and e85 tune! I have everything done you can and just barely got into 12s lol. Who tuned it?
Pat at Limp Mode Tuning
Old 03-20-2018, 10:19 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Well guys just wanted to give an update. My nitrous kit has been sold and no longer going that route. Keeping the g but buying a new truck also and selling off a bunch of random parts I never installed just sitting around to help pay for it haha.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:21 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Slow VQ
Pat at Limp Mode Tuning
Enjoy the nitrous setup Slow VQ! Can’t wait to see you spraying it!
Old 03-21-2018, 11:27 AM
Slow VQ
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lorentzoe45

Enjoy the nitrous setup Slow VQ! Can’t wait to see you spraying it!
Thanks again for reaching out and offering your kit for such a deal. I will be sure to post my progress along the way, goal is to have everything completed by the end of 2018!
Old 03-22-2018, 11:41 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Finally got a video with my gopro of 3rd gear backfire
Old 03-24-2018, 12:01 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Not my picture but wanted to make reference to help everyone
Enough room to get my fingers in to turn left and right to fully adjust in a few mins
Towels to save interior. Sparks everywhereeeeee
What it looks like without the key
4 bolts to remove seat are at bottom of the backing to the seat. Takes 5 mins to get the bottom and back out of the seat.
Finally got around to figuring out a way to adjust the rear damper settings on my coils. Tried to drill out a small hole for a key to drop into but that didn’t let the key go far enough down to be able to adjust without unbolting the coils and adjusting then bolting back up.

Took longer to take seat out (5mins) than it did to grind out these spots behind the rear seat headrests (2 mins)
Ill be cleaning the cuts up at later time lol don’t judge
me I was in a hurry.

Lol I drove around before I put seat back in to adjust and make sure it was where I wanted it. Without the seat you can hear the fuel under the seat splashing around along with a bunch of rattles. I put seat back in after I got it where I wanted it. Not sure if anybody wondered how to get these adjustments without removing and setting coils then bolting back up every time you wanted to change settings
Old 05-17-2018, 07:03 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

UPDATE. Blew the transmission and converter. Having to swap in new trans now with some new parts.

Man not sure what happen. Car just started climbing rpm in drive at 55 or so cruising. Looked down and it was at 4K rpm at 55. Had music on so didn’t hear car. Noticed when it slowed a little going up a hill. Immediately got over so I could coast to stop. Didn’t get to a good place so Tried couple more times to get it to move. Turning car on and off and slamming car into drive to get the hell out of road worked. Pulled to closest parking lot and called flat bed as instructed for AWD.
It had been having problems as we had been tuning the car. Car still isn’t fully tuned. Man this has been a year long headache so it seems. Finally getting trans issues I bitch about all the time fixed so I guess it is a win for me, just wayyyyyyyyyyy more money than I ever wanted to pour into a g37 trans. Like damn! 5k in parts already and we haven’t even swapped anything yet. Haha o well, that’s life and I’m done bitching now lol.

Car was reving like it was in neutral but I was in drive or even a specific gear selected.

Parts is already ordered
- New trans lol.
- Fast intentions flex plate
- Level 10 valve body
- Level 10 3000 stall converter
​​​​​​- Stillen trans cooler

Car is still sitting in shop (royalty performance) and haven’t been able to measure rear driveshaft yet to replace it with a one piece from the driveshaft shop but that will be done soon also.

I’ll post the measurement when I get it measured. Searched high and low on forum. No measurement anywhere.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:04 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

No smells or drips or anything weird
Took this pic to make sure they didn’t scrape exhaust
Lol had to find piece of wood for it to get on with out crazy scrape
😐
It all happened so smoothly. As if switch turned off or something. But problems over the weeks before made it seem trans work was needed just didn’t think it was this crazy.

Last edited by Mattlorentzoe; 05-17-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:47 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Sorry to see that^^^^Hope you're back on the road soon but I'm sure there's quite a bill for all that
Old 05-18-2018, 09:15 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Sorry to see that^^^^Hope you're back on the road soon but I'm sure there's quite a bill for all that

Ya don’t worry I have free towing with my insurance(joke). Hahah you mean the trans that pooped out, yes this sucks. But turns out 7at trans are actually cheap around $300-600 and $600 or so to remove/install it back. Would of been $1000-1200 repair but I just can’t give up on this g and it truly does make the long days and hrs worth it. And honestly this car has taken an insane amount of abuse daily for years, but she’s also spoiled. It’s all the other parts that add up. Might be close to 5k all said and done... I’ve been talking about fixing the car the way I want it for 3 years, and well finally I’m addressing the trans issue that I’ve always hated. Only thing so far wasn’t really already planning over the years was doing the flex plate also. But I’ve been assured that it will be worth it in long run. Luckily fast intentions actually has some in stock unlike most their products that take months to get. Got lucky with that. Quality takes time, or atleast that’s what I tell myself haha
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (05-20-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Level 10 3000 stall

Very nice packaging
Finally pulled the trigger on gearing for my x sedan. Building trans now, was going to change to one piece driveshaft but I’m instead spending that money on this. I was told by Justin at royalty performance that he will make it happen. So just swapping from 3.35 to 3.69. Hopefully it’s worth it, he said it will make a huge difference because it’s a high stalled automatic awd car. Should be good fun.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mattlorentzoe:
blnewt (05-26-2018), jpowersjr2 (05-26-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 08:01 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

How will the new gears work with the AWD system? The rear wheels will be spinning at a different rate than the front. Will it confuse the system? Very interested to see how this works. You have large stones sir.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:13 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

^^^Nevermind I read the other posts. Great stuff!

Quick Reply: @mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)