Build Threads

Arxylis's 08 Coupe build

Old 10-12-2017, 11:40 AM
FPVJAY

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
No worries, these new lights are big news and I understand wanting to know all you can. It's easy to get a thread sidetracked when that happens, just need a traffic cop now & then
I know this guy on Facebook and he doesn’t mind me posting educational pictures of a different car. I thought we’re all here to learn admins?

I guess since it’s a “build” thread and not discussion I’m not allowed to bring food to the dinner table.

My bad I didn’t know either. Also I can’t find a damn thread on these lights and his build thread was the only one that popped up. I figured I’d stick my 2 cents in as well for help.

It won’t happen again. My fault homies.

Last edited by FPVJAY; 10-12-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:52 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by FPVJAY
I know this guy on Facebook and he doesn’t mind me posting educational pictures of a different car. I thought we’re all here to learn admins?

I guess since it’s a “build” thread and not discussion I’m not allowed to bring food to the dinner table.

My bad I didn’t know either. Also I can’t find a damn thread on these lights and his build thread was the only one that popped up. I figured I’d stick my 2 cents in as well for help.

It won’t happen again. My fault homies.
It's all good, I wasn't calling you out Jay, these threads take different courses along the way.
FWIW here's a thread that would definitely benefit from any additions you want to add, and thanks for adding your insights regarding the lights. Like I said, it's big news (wish the sedan guys had news like that )

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...eadlights.html
Old 10-12-2017, 12:09 PM
FPVJAY

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
It's all good, I wasn't calling you out Jay, these threads take different courses along the way.
FWIW here's a thread that would definitely benefit from any additions you want to add, and thanks for adding your insights regarding the lights. Like I said, it's big news (wish the sedan guys had news like that )

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...eadlights.html
Sounds good. Yes the sedan guys are peeved about not getting them made. OEmassive said January or 1st quarter of 18 they will start the Sedan lights. There is hope but patience is tough to deal with.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Blue_Batmobile
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Those look sharp!

B@t™
Old 12-09-2017, 07:38 AM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts
Uh oh... I've caught a bug, and its name is Porsche.

While I love my G, I have a "car bucket list" of sorts. At some point in my life I would like to own a car with the following: Something mid engine, something Italian, something with a V12, something exotic, and something that is capable of 200+ MPH.

I can't afford any cars that can check all of those boxes at once, so I've got to go for one item at a time it seems. The Porsche Cayman covers the mid engine box, and after test driving a 981 Cayman S I'm hooked. It's so smooth and handles unlike anything else I've owned. And after using that PDK, the 5AT in my G (even with the shift kit) feels like stone age tech in comparison.

Here's the one I took for a spin (Don't mind the crap quality cell phone pics):

Here's a few with the G (even worse quality, they had to be texted to me by the sales guy because my phone died):

I probably won't be pulling the trigger on one until the spring, and that's only if I can find one with all the options I want for a decent price. I really love the Sapphire Blue, they're difficult to come by it seems, but it will be worth the wait to get a hold of one.

Here's a pic of the Sapphire blue for reference:

Old 12-09-2017, 09:07 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

The Cayman S is a sweet ride for sure, what were they asking for the one you checked out?
Old 12-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Arxylis
Average Joe

The Cayman S is a sweet ride for sure, what were they asking for the one you checked out?
They wanted $58k for the one I drove, which is out of my price range, but it was a 2016 with only 10k miles on it. I've found 14's and 15's with a CPO extended warranty for $12-$15k less.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (12-09-2017)
Old 02-04-2018, 04:56 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Decisions decisions...

So I'm still on the hunt for my next vehicle. The Cayman is really nice, but I have my reservations about maintenance and mod costs. It's still in the running, but an unexpected contender has entered the ring: the C7 Corvette.

I considered the C5 and C6 Vettes before I got my G, but the cheap interior really put me off from them. On a whim a few week back I decided to test drive the current generation Corvette and I was pleasantly surprised.

Interior quality has been vastly improved from previous models. Sure, it's not as nice as the Cayman, but the performance of the C7 makes up for it. I feel like this generation of Corvette finally looks and feels like something befitting of the price, inside and out.

I'm pretty sure the C7 will be the winner in the quest for my next car, and I've been researching the options, reviews, and reliability of them. Any thoughts or experience from fellow members on here about this car will be appreciated as well.

I'm going to try and find an automatic (yeah yeah, I know) 2LT with the Z51 performance package in Laguna Blue with either Black or Adrenaline Red interior.

Here's a couple pics of the one I test drove:

And here's an example of Laguna Blue:

Last edited by Arxylis; 02-04-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:37 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Love the C7 performance, styling still hasn't grown on me vs. the C6.

Buddy just bought a new Grand Sport and the engine blew at 520 miles
Hopefully just an anomaly though, and he's been happy w/ the replacement thus far.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:13 AM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Love the C7 performance, styling still hasn't grown on me vs. the C6.

Buddy just bought a new Grand Sport and the engine blew at 520 miles
Hopefully just an anomaly though, and he's been happy w/ the replacement thus far.
I hope that's just a fluke. I've always been under the impression that GM V8's were pretty well built. This new LT1, with direct injection and cylinder deactivation, is a different animal from the legendary LS though.

I'll be buying used (CPO most likely) whichever route I go, so hopefully any defects off the assembly line will have already been addressed.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:52 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

I forget the exact part but it was an internal casting that was machined out of spec so they should be able to get a problem like that remedied.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:58 PM
Ted Ogden

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Goes back a ways, but what bulbs did you swap in here for the DRL or whatever they are.

Originally Posted by Arxylis
After getting off of work today, I decided to swap out the stock parking lights with some LED's I had sitting around. Since I have the R2C intakes, I didn't have to remove anything to install them. The Passenger side was a bit of a pain, though. Here's some before and after pictures:

Attachment 131464

Attachment 131465

Attachment 131466
Old 02-21-2018, 11:43 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Originally Posted by Ted Ogden
Goes back a ways, but what bulbs did you swap in here for the DRL or whatever they are.
I don't remember... I believe I got them from Amazon though if I recall correctly.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:50 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Well ladies and Gentlemen, I no longer own a G37. While out and about today I stopped at a local dealership to take a look at a C7 they recently listed on their site. After a test drive, the sales guy asked if I wanted to talk some numbers. Long story short, I am now the proud owner of a 2017 Corvette Stingray in Blade Silver. It's got the 1LT equipment package, Performance exhaust, and Magnetic Ride Control.

Here's a few low-quality cell phone pics:

Old 02-22-2018, 08:48 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Congrats, nice upgrade for sure! Best of luck keeping your foot off the gas

Search this Thread