Arxylis's 08 Coupe build

Old 01-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts
Arxylis's 08 Coupe build

**UPDATED 10/10/17**

Current mods:

Debadge trunk (Leaving only the Mt. Fuji)
LED's for doors, map lights, and license plate
Clear GTR map light lenses
Red GTR start button
R2C intake
Beluga axle back
OEM rear spoiler
Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn modules
Generic dash cam
OEM footwell lighting
Upgraded to 2011+ gauge cluster
New OEM steering wheel
Motordyne XYZ pipe with resonator
Z1 HFC's
Z1 Rear differential upgrade kit
Z1 Ported UIM
Z1 Poly motor mounts
Z1 Poly transmission mount
Cusco strut tower brace
TransGo 5AT shift kit
New (5k mile) engine
ExLED map lights
USB charging port between seat heat switches
3rd brake light flasher
Gunmetal metallic vinyl wrap over washi trim
Navtool 3.0 interface
Uprev tune
Aftermarket backup camera
Android based multimedia system
HDMI port mod
BlueBatmobile GT-R style tail light overlays 20% tint
IPL front bumper
Tow Hook
Feniex and Abrams emergency lighting
Gloss black roof wrap
35% tint all around
OEMassive GT-R style headlights

To be installed:

Future:

Remote start
Hotchkis swaybars
Tokico Blue shocks
RS-R Down Sus springs
Z1 Brake upgrade kit
IPL side skirts
Autokits v2 diffuser
Flat bottom steering wheel
Custom mesh grille with illuminated Fuji
Wheels (still not 100% on which ones, though)
Wrap entire car (I'm thinking matte metallic blue with a black roof and mirrors)

Last edited by Arxylis; 10-17-2017 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Updated mod list
Old 01-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

So here's what I've got so far, as of 1/8.

GTR lenses and start button

Debadged trunk:

I swapped out the guts on the button so it will light up white. I may solder in some different/brighter SMD's for the button though. Anyone know what size they are off hand?
Old 01-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

The axle back is due to be delivered Saturday, the Tail as Turn modules and intake on Monday, and the spoiler should hopefully be Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:28 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice start, any plans to lower your G?
Old 01-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice start, any plans to lower your G?
I may lower it slightly.

I'm not sure what is on it right now, as it seems a bit lower than stock when comparing it to other pictures online. I don't want to go too far as the most of the roads out here are horrible for anything other than a lifted truck. My Evo was lowered a bit on coilovers, but that thing had loads of clearance under it. I've already scraped the exhaust on the G the way it sits now.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Quick update:

Due to the gross incompetence of FedEx (again) the exhaust has been rescheduled from today to Tuesday. Even though it is sitting at their warehouse 10 miles away and has been since yesterday, they couldn't bother themselves with throwing it on a truck this morning.

The intake, which was scheduled for Monday from UPS, looked like it could have been delivered today, since it got to their warehouse yesterday too, but it looks like it is going to sit over the weekend as well.

The spoiler is slated for Wednesday from FexEx, but knowing them it may not be until Friday or so. I've had several instances where something would say it is out on the truck for delivery, just to be updated later in the day saying no attempt made. This has happened several days in a row before.

The good news is that the USPS looks to be living up to their motto, as the Tail as Turn modules that were originally supposed to arrive Monday have made it to my local post office and are currently out for delivery.

FedEx though... they constantly disappoint me. I have had more issues out of them than UPS, The Postal Service, and DHL combined. I wish I could choose the shipping company when I order something, because I would never give them my business again.

Anyway, that's how it stands right now. I'll post up some pics of the tails after I get them this afternoon.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Tail as Turn modules are installed!

Took a whopping 10 minutes, and looks much better than stock.

Everything is well packaged and very professional looking.

Showing the DD module installed on the left, and stock on the right.

A quick video of the modules in action:

Overall, I'm very pleased with the build quality and the results provided by Diode Dynamics. This is a must have mod.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
Off to a great start! Looking good man.
The following users liked this post:
Arxylis (01-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Arxylis
Average Joe

It appears that I have received faulty Tail as Turn modules. They work fine when the hazards are on, but the turn signals hyper blink. I have contacted Diode Dynamics via email, and if other members' experience is any indication I should get a reply fairly soon.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

R2C intakes are installed!

They were well packaged and the parts are very well made. Install didn't take very long, and the only part that was of any difficulty was getting the passenger side hose lined up. Big shout out to Tunerz Store for the discount code, I almost went with the K&N on Amazon until I got a quote for this for the same price!

Old 01-11-2016, 11:59 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Nice job sir!
Arxylis (01-12-2016)
Old 01-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

The OE spoiler and Beluga axle back arrived today.

I wanted to get the exhaust put on first, but ran into some issues... All 4 bolts holding the stock axle back on the car snapped off. This allowed me to remove the stock muffler, but the remaining part of the bolt was rusted to the flange like it had been welded.

I hit it with PB plaster, a wire brush, and a hammer and nothing would budge. I finally brought out the big guns but it didn't do much good:

Looks like I'm going to have to take it to a shop and get the bolts cut out. Gotta love the hell that road salt and the like does to these things...

So I decided to get some of my frustrations out by drilling several massive holes in my car! I didn't get any pictures of the process of setting up the template and the holes themselves, and I literally felt sick to my stomach hoping I got everything measured right, but the spoiler is installed!

It looks so much nicer than that goofy chrome lip, I'm not sure why that ever made it into the final design, but I digress.

Overall, I'm happy with how most of it turned out. Once those pesky bolts have been sent to the fiery depths from whence they came I can bolt up the axle back. Then the initial part of my build has been completed! Gotta wait until tax time before I do much else though. I'm thinking strut bar and replacing those headlights that have been painted with stock 2011+ black chrome housing ones.
Bravo at (01-15-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 04:14 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Went to an exhaust shop up the road from me to get the exhaust studs knocked out and have the Beluga axle back installed. The shop needed to heat and bend the hangers on both mufflers to get them sitting correctly, the left one needed more work than the right. I seem to recall others having that issue as well.

Sound wise it isn't much quieter than when the muffler was off completely. The rasp in the higher RPM's that was present sans muffler has been eliminated though, and it sounds very nice when accelerating. There's some drone when cruising around 60 that may or may not settle down as the mufflers break in, but I'm not too worried about it as that's the price to pay for a more open exhaust.

Power wise I haven't noticed anything with the intake or axle back, but I kind of expected that. These mods are really more for looks and sound than anything. There may be a handful of HP here and there but I'm not going to be upset if there isn't.

Also, while out and about today I stopped by a local dealership and took a look at this beast:

Last edited by Arxylis; 01-13-2016 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-13-2016, 09:35 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

That new axleback looks nice back there! Glad it wasn't too bad to install w/ just the right amount of heat.
GTR pics are frowned on around here, gets the natives restless (j/k)
G is coming along nicely
Old 01-14-2016, 12:15 AM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 170 Posts
LIKE!

Tnx for the GTR pix and the thoughts on the upgrades.
Arxylis (01-14-2016)

Search this Thread