Build Threads

The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan

Old 01-08-2018, 10:36 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 696 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
When mine came on I had to disconnect the battery which reset srs system. The system can take some time to drain so give it 10 min or so.
Nope, that doesn't work at all. I left the car unplugged for over an hour and the light still flashes. Anyone else know if there is a way for us to reset the flashing airbag light?

It's not a big deal as I had one of my techs reset it in the shop. He thought his electronic tool (consult II) was the only thing that would reset it. I'd be curious to know if there is another way for us to do it on our own.

Originally Posted by Rochester
Actually, I was thinking it might be nice to own a number of different designs, to switch things up on whim. However, with the Stone interior, I'm somewhat limited to non-black designs. My winter **** is black, and looks odd because of it.
They also make a white delrin cover for the Raceseng Spereology if you like that design. I almost got that color thinking it might look cool since the car is white and the stitching is white. You can also do a red or blue color, but white would probably look better.

Originally Posted by Rochester
It has a similar plastic material like yours, because winter, and is noticeably lighter than its titanium twin. That said, I've never felt the lighter **** mattered in comparison.
The delrin **** I had previously weighed next to nothing. If you take off your titanium shift **** and shift with just the threads, that's how it felt for shifting- not nearly as smooth.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:50 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DO THIS:

So after almost a year of trying to get my 400hp tune sorted with Z1 Motorsports, I finally have what I think is a reliable tune and just got refunded for the UpRev Data Cable they got back from me about two weeks ago. So glad that dumpster fire seems to finally be over. Phew! Here is to hoping the tune remains reliable (knocks on wood).
Old 01-20-2018, 11:05 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I think my next project is going to be a different grille for my car. I am going to start trying to make it look a bit more aggressive, but mainly I just want better cooling.

I might try to make something like the mesh grille below, but I am not sure if I will try to cut out the inside of the stock grille to keep the chrome to tie in the fog light surrounds and headlights or if I will try to wrap it in carbon to match an idea I have to wrap the bottom of the bumper in carbon to make it look like a chin spoiler. Thoughts?

The one issue I will run into is water ingestion into the intakes. I have Z1 intakes that are right behind the grille. I think I might be able to make the Stillen guard (pictured below) work if I drill some holes in the end caps of my Z1 filters for the hardware. Tying the filters together would also add some stability since they just sort of hang there now. Has anyone tried something similar with the Z1 filters? Or does anyone have the Stillen filters and guard and can share some pictures showing how everything mounts up?

Worst case scenario, I could probably get Stillen filters and find a way to mount them up to the Z1 intake tubes I have (below).

Old 01-22-2018, 04:01 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

So I think I have a grille that I can get that will require a little work. Just trying to decide if I would paint it white to match my car or try wrapping it in carbon to try to match an idea I have for some carbon wrap on the bottom of my bumper.

The other issue is protecting the air filters from water since the mesh will allow in a lot more air and probably water. Has anyone tried to use a Stillen rain guard with Z1 filters? I might be able to make this work.

My other option is getting some of these Outerwears filter covers that are supposed to resist water. I just hope they are long enough as they are designed for K&N filters and I think the Z1 filters are a bit longer. Anyone try these or know anything about them?

The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (01-26-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 02:54 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I have a grille coming and now I am just trying to figure out how best to protect the air filters from rain without reducing power. I called Stillen and they were very strange about just selling me the rain guard and hardware- they really did not want to sell the parts if it was not going on Stillen filters. Once I get this figured out, then it is just a matter of what Infiniti badge to get for the grille.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:11 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
I Ran the AEM covers when I had my Takeda's worked really well
Attached Thumbnails The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan-takedatwin.jpg   The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan-takedatwin2.jpg  
Old 01-26-2018, 01:07 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
I Ran the AEM covers when I had my Takeda's worked really well
Cool. You didn't really notice any performance difference as far as restricting air flow?
Old 01-29-2018, 10:19 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I just got back my lowered Bride seat rails for my Sparco seat. They maxed out the lowering at 1 1/8" in the front and 1 1/4" in the rear. (They look a lot lower)
I should be able to test fit the rails in the next day or two so hopefully everything fits ok.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:20 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Really coming together well sir! Hopefully those intake filter covers will fit the bill, looking forward to seeing that new grill & seats on your G.
4DRZ (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 10:59 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Really coming together well sir! Hopefully those intake filter covers will fit the bill, looking forward to seeing that new grill & seats on your G.
Thanks! I might actually try the Stillen mount and rain guard 1st for the added stability for the filters- not 100% sure.

I got to test fit the newly lowered rails yesterday and thankfully the holes line up ok and I am able to get all the bolts threaded all the way in. Phew! I was a little worried with all the weird angles. I should be able to get the seat mounted back in very soon.

blnewt (02-01-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 08:14 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
glad you got it to fit right....now lets get that seat in already!
Old 02-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Luci
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey guys been crazy busy, I have a sedan I’m going to get a fixed bucket seat I so that’s why I was taking about buddy clubs, yea uprev has a launch control and militia map option if you still have your stock steering wheel with cruise control..

Coltrane1 (03-06-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 07:20 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lucci
Hey guys been crazy busy, I have a sedan I’m going to get a fixed bucket seat I so that’s why I was taking about buddy clubs, yea uprev has a launch control and militia map option if you still have your stock steering wheel with cruise control..
A fixed bucket seat with the high bolsters might be quite a pain to get in and out of everyday in a sedan. Have you sat in a few of those types of seats yet to try them out?

The other issue you will probably run into is how to mount them to your car. Most fixed back seat rails are completely flat on the bottom to mount into a stripped race car with flat floors. If you take out your factory seat you will see that the mounting points are anything but flat. That would take a ton of custom fabrication to make fit unless you have seen fixed back seat mounts that fit G37 sedans. So far the only option I have seen that bolts right up to our floors is Bride.

Let me know how it goes with your search. Your car looks nice.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:43 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
So did you get the seat in yet?
Old 02-13-2018, 01:17 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
So did you get the seat in yet?
Sorry, I meant to post up these pics yesterday and then I got busy. Yes, I got the seat in about a week ago and it fits great. I can sit normally with a helmet on = AWESOME!! My body shop guy who did the work said he lowered it only 1 1/8" in the front and 1 1/4" in back, but it feels and looks a lot lower. I will have to see how it works on track this spring. If my head moves around a bit I may actually have to remove the handle on the ceiling. I think that is the only part I would come in contact with.

But, two days ago the airbag light came on again. Hopefully, it is just a bad relay or something with the wiring. I plan to take it apart tonight or tomorrow to see if I can fix it. Then when I am back at work on Thu. I will have my tech. reset the computer. (I think this is the only way to reset that light).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan