Build Threads

Jonesmeister's Build

Old 04-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Well car is at the dealer trying to figure out the fluctuating voltage and why my transmission locks me out of second gear under heavy acceleration and grinds 5th gear when casually driving, even when double clutching.

Dealer says going from 14.2 volts to 12.8 is normal as the system is adjustable and knows how many volts are needed. I call bs, but I'm not versed in electrical systems.

Dealer also says my short throw (twm), clutch pedal (rjm), and maybe the HDCSC, might be causing the transmission issues. And getting aftermarket warranty to cover it will involve me replacing the aftermarket parts with the stock parts.

Synopsis: expect a part out very soon.

Last edited by Jonesmeister11; 04-03-2024 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:01 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Went for a drive with the tech. He says the lock out and grind form 1st to 2nd when shifting fast is normal. However he agrees that grinding in 5th is not and they are replacing the transmission. So that's cool!
Old 04-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Picking up the car Tuesday morning with a new transmission and driver side window motor! Tech said my HDCSC looked good, flywheel was good, clutch has about 65% life left, and the bearing looked great!

Old 07-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Just changed the transmission fluid from OE Nissan to Redline. Holy wow, every manual driver needs to do this now! SO much smoother!
Old 07-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

So after some serious soul searching, again *rolls eyes*, I'm going to be keeping the G for a while. Preferably through college. With that being said, I'm looking at racing seats, for 2 reasons, to lower my seating height and give me support. I'm at the point where I need to switch mattresses for support. Funny how preferences and requirements change as you age.

Also, just got my quote for hail damage from the insurance company. The hood, roof, and possibly the trunk have to be replaced. No fixing them. The adjuster found a ton of damage I didn't see, professional vs me with no experience.

Here's the knee slapper. DFW has been hot with so much hail the last few years, insurance has labeled this as a catastrophe and majority of the body shops are booked out until December. Luckily the dealership I used to work at can turn my car around in a month! They do fantastic work too!

So expect some changes!
Old 07-21-2017, 11:06 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Finally getting my hail damage repaired. Attached is the paperwork from my insurance. Kinda surprised they didn't just total the car
Attached Thumbnails Jonesmeister's Build-photo519.jpg   Jonesmeister's Build-photo662.jpg   Jonesmeister's Build-photo915.jpg   Jonesmeister's Build-photo660.jpg   Jonesmeister's Build-photo765.jpg  

Jonesmeister's Build-photo120.jpg   Jonesmeister's Build-photo899.jpg   Jonesmeister's Build-photo287.jpg   Jonesmeister's Build-photo302.jpg   Jonesmeister's Build-photo428.jpg  

Jonesmeister's Build-photo564.jpg  
Old 09-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Oh man I finally got the car back a few weeks ago! So nice getting back in MY car. While I do miss the 2017 MB C300, it is always annoying having to get out of your comfort zone and drive something that's not yours. Especially for a car guy, you customize your car for your liking.

The dealer (MB dealer I used to work at) that did the work, broke a few parts. The rearview mirror wire cover, they misplaced my kydex cup separator, and somehow managed to damage my interior door panel.

What confuses me, when they replaced the roof, trunk, and hood, they did not blend the paint to the rest of the body. For example, they replaced the roof, but did not blend the paint into the pillars, I know because I still have some chips that were there before.

Anyway, sold the magnaflow catback, and I have the rear camber arms up for sale locally and on some nation FB pages. Still on the fence about keeping them...

I type this from a dealership trying while my O2 sensor is replaced.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:42 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

So I cheaper out on tires last round, well you get what you pay for. Tread life is about 1/3 what it should be based on my driving habits. I’m considering p-zero, maybe the successor to the pss, but depending on finances, I might do congenital DW.

I was going to hold out till later in the year but I have a puncture somewhere in the driver rear tire and the front passenger has a chunk taken out of the sidewall. Oh boy!

Last edited by Jonesmeister11; 01-25-2022 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:03 PM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesmeister11
So I cheaper out on tires last round, we’ll get what you pay for. Tread life is about 1/3 what it should be based on my driving habits. I’m considering p-zero, maybe the successor to the pss, but depending on finances, I might do congenital DW.
I know what you meant, but still chuckled a bit
Old 12-14-2017, 01:04 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

So it's been a while since I have posted here. I was waiting to see if insurance was going to total the car due to hail damage, they should have, but alas they deemed it repairable. I need to have the body shop evaluate what the hell this is on my trunk, it wasn't there before they PDR'ed the vehicle.

Anyway while I was gone, I replaced the Super Blue rear diff bushings with Z1's poly kit. This was the second set to fail so I deemed it necessary to switch brands. Install was much easier this time around though still a pain in the ***. Especially when the torque wrench broke off the nut and my nose is what stopped the momentum. That took a month for the swelling in my nose and teeth to go away lol.

I had an incident with NTB with the purchase of tires. I'm procrastinating studying for my finals, so I don't have time to post the whole story, but I will once the issues has been concluded. All I can say is it's mind blowing.

I'm having the passenger rear sagging a lot and scraping said side tire when I go over any sort of bump so need to get that looked at. Hopefully my extended warranty will cover spring/strut. If not I might see coils in the cars future? Not sure which ones I would get, definitely want something I can take to the track and I'm not into the whole low life.

Power steering is still squeaking when turning at a stop or low speeds. In fact, I was doing a U turn, while waiting for traffic to open up I noticed the steering wheel pulsing. Like power steering was coming on then coming off. Also I have noticed a squeak when the car is idling. It's not constant so I assume it's a pulley related failure. Could be alternator, recall my fluctuating volts the dealer swears is normal, or could be power steering pump related. Fluid is not leaking so who knows.

I need new pads and rotors but the ones on there should last me for a while.

Looking at having Seb at Specialty Z reflashing my car. Kinda upset I didn't get throttle hijack from Visconti. I'm waiting until I move to AZ first of the year. Oh yeah I have been accepted to ASU's electrical engineering program at the polytechnic campus! So I'm super pumped about that!

Since I still have he muffler off due to the diff bushing replacement, want to retorque after driving a few miles, I'm playing around with the two step. Fun stuff!

Here are some random pics from the past few months.
Attached Thumbnails Jonesmeister's Build-photo40.jpg   Jonesmeister's Build-photo702.jpg   Jonesmeister's Build-photo331.jpg  
Old 03-14-2018, 03:26 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Been gone for a while, and this is probably one of my last posts. Looking at trading my car for something that is more capable of off roading. I'm leaning towards an LR4 or a Range Rover. I know there can be issues with them, but they meet my requirements in a vehicle. Will follow up with photos and a conclusion to this thread. Thanks for being a good community!
Old 03-14-2018, 08:12 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesmeister11
Been gone for a while, and this is probably one of my last posts. Looking at trading my car for something that is more capable of off roading. I'm leaning towards an LR4 or a Range Rover. I know there can be issues with them, but they meet my requirements in a vehicle. Will follow up with photos and a conclusion to this thread. Thanks for being a good community!
What was all that i'm going to keep the G talk?
Keep us posted on your new vehicle.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,565 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Originally Posted by guy from norcal
What was all that i'm going to keep the G talk?
He's young. Priorities change.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:56 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
G/L with your new direction, hopefully it'll exceed your expectations
Old 07-06-2018, 01:45 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Well ended up not going through with the trade. The cars I could afford were sketchy, and the cars that were good the note was $500+/month. If I did that, I wouldn't be able to afford to do the hobbies associated with the car. When I was offered $7k trade in, I said no way jose. I'll just keep her until I am out of school (smart), or she is totaled (hope not).

Had her in the dealer for an airbag light, dealer scanned and got an error for the passenger side airbag malfunction. If y'all recall, I've been having an issue with my passenger seat occupancy sensor on the verge of failing. Nissan doesn't sell the sensor, only the seat at $5k. Unfortunately, after they cleared the code, the code has not returned.

I ended up parting out some of the car. She is now stock with the exception of test pipes, short throw, and RJM pedal.

I need a set of tires and brakes, so I'll post when I order!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jonesmeister's Build