Falker11's 6MT Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Talking Falker11's 6MT Sedan

Hi all
After a couple years hiatus I am coming back to the G I had a 2008 G37s coupe 6MT up until a couple years ago. I traded in my G and got a 2013 Altima sedan. I needed a sedan to fit a car seat, and went with an auto so my wife could drive the car as well.

Fast forward 2 years later and while the Altima sedan is a really nice car, I am really missing driving a stick. And finding a sedan with a stick, but also all the loaded options I want is very difficult, and there are limited options.

So I decided to look for used 2013 6MT G37s sedans and finally found a decent deal using car max. Even after paying an $850 transfer fee to ship the car to my local car max – the purchase price will be about 3k less than what dealers are asking for – all the dealers I contacted just would not budge at all on the price of these, all were in the $30,800 – $31,300 range for cars around this mileage!

So the car in en route now and if everything checks out I’ll be trading in my Altima and coming back to the G! It’s got 24k miles on it and is Graphite Shadow. Still has almost 2 years factory warranty left on it. I can’t wait for it to arrive so I can check it out.

Anyone have a good dealer contact to get an Infiniti extended elite warranty at a reasonable price? Feel free to PM me recommendations.

-Falker
Old 04-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Welcome back, Graphite Shadow is a great color.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:09 AM
eurtsx

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Welcome back!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:23 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome! I miss my 11 G37S Sedan.. That front end was a killer and the color was a great offset.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Kevn23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Falker11
Hi all
After a couple years hiatus I am coming back to the G I had a 2008 G37s coupe 6MT up until a couple years ago. I traded in my G and got a 2013 Altima sedan. I needed a sedan to fit a car seat, and went with an auto so my wife could drive the car as well.

Fast forward 2 years later and while the Altima sedan is a really nice car, I am really missing driving a stick. And finding a sedan with a stick, but also all the loaded options I want is very difficult, and there are limited options.

So I decided to look for used 2013 6MT G37s sedans and finally found a decent deal using car max. Even after paying an $850 transfer fee to ship the car to my local car max – the purchase price will be about 3k less than what dealers are asking for – all the dealers I contacted just would not budge at all on the price of these, all were in the $30,800 – $31,300 range for cars around this mileage!

So the car in en route now and if everything checks out I’ll be trading in my Altima and coming back to the G! It’s got 24k miles on it and is Graphite Shadow. Still has almost 2 years factory warranty left on it. I can’t wait for it to arrive so I can check it out.

Anyone have a good dealer contact to get an Infiniti extended elite warranty at a reasonable price? Feel free to PM me recommendations.

-Falker
Think I saw that car still listed yesterday. I was thinking about it, but the transfer fee sort of put me off. Was it listed on Carmax for $26,998 and around 24K miles? I was like someone picked this one up quick...
Old 04-03-2015, 01:03 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Kevn23
Think I saw that car. Was it listed on Carmax for $26,998 and around 24K miles? I was like someone picked this one up quick...
LOL ya - that would be me.

I was looking at a black one with like 15k miles and was listed for 27,998 but someone scooped it up before i could pull the trigger. this one became available almost immediately after that one was sold and I jumped on it.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Kevn23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Falker11
LOL ya - that would be me.

I was looking at a black one with like 15k miles and was listed for 27,998 but someone scooped it up before i could pull the trigger. this one became available almost immediately after that one was sold and I jumped on it.
I saw that black one too! LOL. These things move quick on Carmax!

If there was no transfer fee I would have probably pulled the trigger. I also don't like the fact that I need to pay the transfer fee to see the car in person, it's not that bad, but I still wish Carmax would credit the transfer fee towards the purchase price if you do end up buying the vehicle.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:44 PM
roxx

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevn23
I saw that black one too! LOL. These things move quick on Carmax!

If there was no transfer fee I would have probably pulled the trigger. I also don't like the fact that I need to pay the transfer fee to see the car in person, it's not that bad, but I still wish Carmax would credit the transfer fee towards the purchase price if you do end up buying the vehicle.
It took me 4 tries to get my G25! By the time I would call about an autotrader listing it would already be gone, and I was checking more than once a day!
Old 04-03-2015, 04:21 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Congrats man. Those sedan 6mt's are hard to find.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:36 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
I've only had a G for 6 solid months now, and I'm already thinking about my next G.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:51 AM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Any updates ?
Old 04-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by guy from norcal
Any updates ?
Not yet.

Heard from my sales guy at Carmax today that the sedan was shipped on 3-April.

It's going from San Antonio to Philadelphia, so could take a while. Trying to be patient haha.

Passing the time by thinking about mods. Going to start with tint and LEDs, new wheels after this summer and probably a small drop at some point. 4.08 final drive gear down the road.

Also - looks like a front plate is installed which I don't need in my state. Anyone successfully done a front plate delete without swapping the front bumper?
Old 04-06-2015, 04:16 PM
jsampsell

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
About the warranty, I purchased mine from Infiniti of Scottsdale. Their website is Infiniti Elite Protection Plans | Infinity Car Warranty Maintenance Plan. I have a friend who works as a service writer for one of the local dealerships here in Atlanta and even with his connections they couldn't come close to beating Infiniti of Scottsdale's pricing. It was significantly less. Something to do with the volume of warranties that they write. Anyhow, it is legit. I did a LOT of research into them. And it is the official Infiniti extended warranty, not some third party warranty.

By the way, if you go to a dealership and talk to a finance guy about the warranty, they will show you a book with retail prices and, if you bicker with them at all, then they'll show you another book with "cost" pricing. Turns out that the "cost" book is just a sales tactic. It isn't the real cost. They use it to make you think you are getting a really good discount. Interesting, huh? Oh, and certain states like Florida and New Jersey are different somehow.

The only thing I had to do was take the car to a local dealership to have it inspected. They'll send you a form that you take to the dealership. Unfortunately, the dealership won't do the inspection for free. Not in my area at least. However, I encourage you to shop around. I was quoted a wide range of prices by different dealerships. It is worth your time to shop the price.

I contacted them through the site and was emailed fairly quickly with a quote. Below is the information for the lady I dealt with via email and on the phone a few times. She is very nice and not pushy at all. The email address they use is eliteprotectionplan@ gmail.com but her direct email address is included below.

Courtney Mutema
Finance Manager
Infiniti of Scottsdale
cmutema@ vtaig.com
(480)941-0055 ext 2351
(480)941-4481 fax

I highly recommend dealing with her but definitely do your research before buying anything.

Jeremy
The following users liked this post:
Falker11 (04-06-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Thanks man. I'll do that. Do you mind PMing me the price you paid and the plan you went with?
Old 04-06-2015, 06:11 PM
LateralSpeed

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I bought mine from Carmax a couple years ago as well, great experience and the cars they buy are typically really clean.

Congrats and welcome back!

Quick Reply: Falker11's 6MT Sedan