IPL 370gt's build thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:09 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by IPL 370GT
What's wrong with the Versa? I'm planning a Turbo build

I'll be around for a little bit. Going to be active on another forum now... Got homework to do.
LOL, Oh, also forgot about the Godzilla Juke, damn, all kinds of options.
Good luck w/ whatever route you choose, I know it's going to be top-notch!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Best of luck with your next build Jon.
The following users liked this post:
IPL 370GT (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 01:47 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
What's wrong with the Versa? I'm planning a Turbo build

I'll be around for a little bit. Going to be active on another forum now... Got homework to do.
DO A IPL 370GT edition of the JUKE-R
Old 06-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I do have some gripes about the G community. I'll keep those to myself.
Every community has its contingents of douchebags, you know that. We have our fair share. More than some car communities, less than others. And you know damn well that most of the negativity that came your way was from just a few haters who were jealous of your car, your mods, and your ability and willingness to fork out the cash to do your thing in a top notch way. Shake the haters off.

You'll run across a couple in your new forum home. Hopefully not too many.
The following 2 users liked this post by Black Betty:
GTLAW (06-26-2013), rza2042 (06-26-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
I only have one thing to say...

Just kidding IPL. I would never spend the price of the car again on mods. Seems crazy to me. Considering that a G over there only costs high $30k's - low $40k's it seems silly to spend that much on mods. Over here they have just been released at high $70k's - high $80k's!

Now, have you thought anymore about selling me the boost controller for $200 including shipping to Australia??? I'll throw in a free koala!

I can imagine that with such a large G community over there that you would have a mix of good and bad. The advantage that I have over here is that there are so few of these on the road that everyone is interested in mine. We have a huge Skyline community in Australia. Even a lot of 6.2lt Aussie V8 lovers will make comments about how quick it is for an N/A 6 cylinder. I can't wait to shock a few people once the TT kit is installed......
Old 06-27-2013, 11:22 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Sorry to see you go Jon, and good luck with your next build! Curious to see what you have in mind and on a side note, feel even more lucky to have a part that came off such a legendary car here on the forum.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:43 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Alkatraz
I would never spend the price of the car again on mods. Seems crazy to me. Considering that a G over there only costs high $30k's - low $40k's it seems silly to spend that much on mods. Over here they have just been released at high $70k's - high $80k's!
To each his own, but I have never really understood this mentality. Quality is quality regardless of what car you are modifying. A great build is great build. Why is it crazy to modify with high quality parts? Are you suggesting he should have used subpar quality aftermarket parts simply because the car does not cost $90,000? If so, I do not really agree with that logic.

Are you also saying that it is okay for someone in Australia to spend more money modding their G because over there it is $70,000 versus $35,000 in the US?
The following 2 users liked this post by WPPJR30:
Jkg37 (07-01-2013), TwoThree (06-28-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
To each his own, but I have never really understood this mentality. Quality is quality regardless of what car you are modifying. A great build is great build. Why is it crazy to modify with high quality parts? Are you suggesting he should have used subpar quality aftermarket parts simply because the car does not cost $90,000? If so, I do not really agree with that logic.

Are you also saying that it is okay for someone in Australia to spend more money modding their G because over there it is $70,000 versus $35,000 in the US?
I was simply giving my opinion. 'To each his own' is 100% correct. Who am i to tell someone how to spend thier money. If someone gets enjoyment out of it, then they should do whatever they like. I was definitely not referring to the quality of the parts being used. Personally I will always go for quality over cost as long as I can justify it to myself.

My point is, if someone were to give me the option of either spending the same amount on mods as I paid for the car, or simply buying a GTR (or equivalent), then I would lean towards the GTR. Just my personal preference. So based on my logic then yes, it would be ok for someone in Aus to spend more on their G because both it and the GTR cost significantly more $$$.

To give a very extreme example, not many people would buy a $15,000 Kia and then drop another $15,000 on mods for it. Most would just buy a G37 from the start. Some people would buy the Kia though because they would get so much enjoyment out of modding it. I would also get enjoyment out of laughing at someone modding a Kia though
Old 07-01-2013, 02:02 AM
blackvesper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad to hear that you're moving on. I usually don't post much here but I enjoyed watching/reading your ride evolve. You have some rare and premiere parts on your G.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:47 AM
1G372nv

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Jon...what's going on man? A month ago you posted one of/if not the sickest build threads with a rare touch now your packing it up and calling it quits! What happen? How could there be so much love then.....? Well sad to hear of this and wish you luck on your next journey. And don't worry about the hater they are gonna be there and you can't please everyone so do you and whoever don't like it can shove it! Lol! I myself enjoyed viewing your mods! Oh and thanks for the great communication and super fast shipping on brace.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:48 PM
StAtiXz6

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Alkatraz
I was simply giving my opinion. 'To each his own' is 100% correct. Who am i to tell someone how to spend thier money. If someone gets enjoyment out of it, then they should do whatever they like. I was definitely not referring to the quality of the parts being used. Personally I will always go for quality over cost as long as I can justify it to myself.

My point is, if someone were to give me the option of either spending the same amount on mods as I paid for the car, or simply buying a GTR (or equivalent), then I would lean towards the GTR. Just my personal preference. So based on my logic then yes, it would be ok for someone in Aus to spend more on their G because both it and the GTR cost significantly more $$$.

To give a very extreme example, not many people would buy a $15,000 Kia and then drop another $15,000 on mods for it. Most would just buy a G37 from the start. Some people would buy the Kia though because they would get so much enjoyment out of modding it. I would also get enjoyment out of laughing at someone modding a Kia though

agree 100%.. most of the time this happens is because a person such as yourself has a better grip on finances, cars value, depreciation and make their money work for them.. Vs the other individual which is more emotion into a car. You then had the aspect of usually people that invest that 15k into a 15k car is because they couldn't afford the grip of a 30k car at that point in time. So to achieve their want of a higher end car they will overtime invest their money to have what they like. People live in their own worlds would be the best explanation...

But on a side note!! IPL 370gt if your the guy who I think you are from my350z you always have top notch on your vehicles... SELL ME SOMETHING!!!! lol
The following users liked this post:
IPL 370GT (10-22-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry to see you go. I was living vicariously through you in modding your IPL. I wish you all the luck in your next venture. GTR hopefully!!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:48 AM
girlyboostdlude

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
love those wheels!!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Fl350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice project
Old 02-23-2014, 06:35 PM
luxuryimports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wish there was some pics maybe would give me some ideas for my IPL!! But anyways i might be interested in the part out!!

Quick Reply: IPL 370gt's build thread