Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Code p0720 please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Infinitiyauco
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Code p0720 please help

Hello: I have a 2010 g37s convertible and have a check engine code p0720 (revolution speed sensor) and u0101 (not communication with the transmission control module) I see a couple videos how to change it for Do it myself but there is no videos for the infiniti and I don't find the sensor in my car,the problem is I call an infiniti dealer for service and they tell me that only if I change the sensor the problem don't fix,I have to buy additionally the transmission module,oil,etc to fix the problem and it cost me approx $2,500 dollars.
in all the videos I see for other models don't say nothing about replace all the parts,only the sensor,
I don't know what to do,any help or advice please? Thanks

Old 03-16-2019, 10:44 PM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
the auto trans in our cars are electronically controlled and all sensors, components, and module are mounted inside the trans. in order to get at that sensor they would need to drop the trans pan to access it. the trans module or shift plate or whatever they or you want to call it is bolted to the valve body along with the sensor which is mounted inside the housing somewhere. in addition i doubt changing that sensor will fix your problem due in part because when i see codes such as an internal speed sensor fault and not the vehicle speed sensor that set the malfunction light there is actually something mechanical that has taken a dump. meaning either something is worn out, broke, or come apart/loose.
The following users liked this post:
Infinitiyauco (03-23-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 12:40 AM
Infinitiyauco
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Infinitiyauco
Hello: I have a 2010 g37s convertible and have a check engine code p0720 (revolution speed sensor) and u0101 (not communication with the transmission control module) I see a couple videos how to change it for Do it myself but there is no videos for the infiniti and I don't find the sensor in my car,the problem is I call an infiniti dealer for service and they tell me that only if I change the sensor the problem don't fix,I have to buy additionally the transmission module,oil,etc to fix the problem and it cost me approx $2,500 dollars.
in all the videos I see for other models don't say nothing about replace all the parts,only the sensor,
I don't know what to do,any help or advice please? Thanks
What I do not understand is how it is possible that in other cars what is damaged is the sensor only, it is replaced and the problem is fixed and in infiniti damages the valve body or the module and then it throws the message to the sensor as It is bad, for me it is more logical that the sensor that can be damaged also be damaged because it is electrical, it is replaced and it is no longer, please someone who has happened to him and he has fixed it in another place that is not in the infiniti , in the infiniti as they work per hour, sales and commission I think they want to charge you everything, I attach a video and a document that I got where it tells you options without having to change everything, I would like to read several opinions thanks
Or see this video
https://youtu.be/dG80D_3-Ti0
Old 03-23-2019, 10:11 PM
Infinitiyauco
Registered Member

Originally Posted by crookncastle
the auto trans in our cars are electronically controlled and all sensors, components, and module are mounted inside the trans. in order to get at that sensor they would need to drop the trans pan to access it. the trans module or shift plate or whatever they or you want to call it is bolted to the valve body along with the sensor which is mounted inside the housing somewhere. in addition i doubt changing that sensor will fix your problem due in part because when i see codes such as an internal speed sensor fault and not the vehicle speed sensor that set the malfunction light there is actually something mechanical that has taken a dump. meaning either something is worn out, broke, or come apart/loose.
thanks for the answer but a few questions : the same case happened to you?you take you car to fix to infiniti dealer?you are mechanic or fix your car by yourself or take the car to another mechanic, sorry to ask you this but i have to make sure before i take it the car to the dealer to fix it.
i know the 90% of people with infiniti cars take cars to infiniti dealers or buy new one when the car causes much problems.
also in the infiniti dealers work by hour and commisions and i don’t know,why all the cars damage only the sensor and the infiniti mechanics said this car damage the module and the module give signal to the sensor and not working.
this no make sense,the sensor is a part that could be damage too.
i call a transmition mechanic explaining the problem and he and i think the same,told me see a view videos: ( infiniti g35 p0720 sensor location ,1.05 minutes and infiniti g37 tear down,video is 20.15minutes ) maybe with only the sensor the problem will be fix,i am visit him next week to verify if the sensor its damage to replace it, i hope not to make a mistake so as not to spend so much money,wish me luckbiggthumpup:
Old 04-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Infinitiyauco
Registered Member

Works nice only changing the sensor

I take it to the transmission mechanic, replace only the sensor, also take transmission plug out,check and clean all the area, then put back in and it works, only cost me 300.00 and in Infiniti dealer charge me 2,200 to 2,500, thanks God what a relief
The following 2 users liked this post by Infinitiyauco:
neworleanstrade (06-27-2020), slartibartfast (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 04:05 PM
Infinitiyauco
Registered Member

Yeahhhhhh

Last edited by Infinitiyauco; 04-11-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:36 AM
neworleanstrade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help.

Originally Posted by Infinitiyauco
I take it to the transmission mechanic, replace only the sensor, also take transmission plug out,check and clean all the area, then put back in and it works, only cost me 300.00 and in Infiniti dealer charge me 2,200 to 2,500, thanks God what a relief

hope I get a reply but where is that sensor located? I’m having same problem and I am willing to buy sensor and do it myself

if u have pics of part and work
thanks
Old 12-10-2023, 12:21 AM
Hmansour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the sensor part no. and from where you got it?