Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Motorvate DIY Video: Reading TPMS Codes & Display Tire Pressures

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 01:17 PM
MotorvateDIY
Registered Member

Received 319 Likes on 142 Posts
Motorvate DIY Video: Reading TPMS Codes & Display Tire Pressures

Our latest episode shows you how to find out why the TPMS light is flashing -AND- how to see your actual tire pressures in real time.
Just by using a cheap OBD scanner, OBD Fusion and a $15 enhanced diagnostic add on:

Old 11-17-2018, 02:27 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
Great video as always!

@4:42, which value is what? 209kpa ~ 30psi, What are the other values in light blue (20.x, 29.x, 41.x kpa)?

Can this addon be used to register new tpms sensors? Anything equivalent in torque with the purchased nissan addon?

Does the addon let you toggle abs (during bleeding)?
Old 11-18-2018, 11:30 AM
MotorvateDIY
Registered Member

Thanks!
Yes, 209 KPa is about 30 psi. I meant to add a graphic to that part and show the pressure in PSI, but only remembered after the video was posted.
(YouTube used to allow "annotations" where I could easily add them, but they are no longer offered)

The small light blue numbers are the minimum, average and maximum of that PIDs and it can not activate TPMS sensors.
Over the winter I will be looking into this to see if there is a way.

Torque Pro (as far as I know) doesn't have anything as comprehensive as the $15 OBD Fusion enhanced diagnostics.
The closest would be Infiniti EX plug in, but is only provides about 15-20 PIDs just from the ECU.

OBD Fusion (as far as I know) is read only, and can not activate anything, including the ABS module

Spoiler: On a future episode I will be cutting an G37 ABS module in half and explain its function. This will also help to determine if it really needs to activated to remove all air.

(Phew... so many good questions! time to re-charge with a coffee
Old 11-18-2018, 03:18 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Years ago I invested in the nissan addon to torque (in addition to torque pro). Looks obd fusion is a good update. $20 is cheap for all the data it provides. Now just a matter of learning how to interpret it all.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:24 AM
MotorvateDIY
Registered Member

I think I can make the learning process a little easier for you...
You may want to have a look at my other YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/obd4everyone

The next episode (under development right now) will explain every engine PID (OBD mode $01) on the VQ37
WITH typical values. This will be very useful for troubleshooting
The following users liked this post:
GoatBeard (10-18-2019)