Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Eibach pro with spacers

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 02:06 PM
geazy37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach pro with spacers

I know there have been many discussions on this, but they are older and the pics have been deleted of cars with these specs so my archiving attempts were to no avail. I am looking into dropping my car on eibach springs with 20mm spacers in the front and 25mm in the rear with stock wheels/tires. If anyone could post pics of what I can expect to see I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, are there any issues with alignment or vibrations?
Old 03-30-2018, 02:54 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...g37-sedan.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...acer-pics.html
Old 03-30-2018, 02:58 PM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by geazy37
I know there have been many discussions on this, but they are older and the pics have been deleted of cars with these specs so my archiving attempts were to no avail. I am looking into dropping my car on eibach springs with 20mm spacers in the front and 25mm in the rear with stock wheels/tires. If anyone could post pics of what I can expect to see I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, are there any issues with alignment or vibrations?
here you go hope this will help. eibach rides good with stock 19s.
instagram: XXG000W0

The following users liked this post:
RMB5190 (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 03:42 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Digging the uniqueness of those LEDS....Well done.
xxg00w0 (04-05-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 09:33 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
Digging the uniqueness of those LEDS....Well done.
x2, very nice look there
xxg00w0 (04-05-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 11:46 AM
geazy37

Hey guys sorry I didn't get back to you. The website locked me out for some reason and wouldn't allow me to sign back in. I appreciate the advice and the pics y'all posted. It looks really sharp and aggressive and reaffirms my decision. I am wondering if the tire tread will prematurely wear down without a camber/toe kit? If its only minimal then I won't worry about it, but if its gonna reduce tire life by more than 25% I would prefer to invest in a kit. Opinions??
Old 04-09-2018, 12:55 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Hey guys sorry I didn't get back to you. The website locked me out for some reason and wouldn't allow me to sign back in. I appreciate the advice and the pics y'all posted. It looks really sharp and aggressive and reaffirms my decision. I am wondering if the tire tread will prematurely wear down without a camber/toe kit? If its only minimal then I won't worry about it, but if its gonna reduce tire life by more than 25% I would prefer to invest in a kit. Opinions??
Some can get away without a camber kit and be pretty close to spec so you can decide for yourself after you get an alignment. I say if you plan on having the car for a long time spend the extra money on the kits to get everything in spec.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:59 PM
geazy37

Thanks NealP - My plan is to drive it into the ground (no pun intended) so Ill probably invest in the camber kit to get it close to spec. I heard most of the issue of tire wear is from the toe being out of spec is there any way to just buy/install that instead of getting the camber kit too?
Old 04-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Thanks NealP - My plan is to drive it into the ground (no pun intended) so Ill probably invest in the camber kit to get it close to spec. I heard most of the issue of tire wear is from the toe being out of spec is there any way to just buy/install that instead of getting the camber kit too?
for the rear you can just buy toe and camber bolts instead of toe bolts and fully adjustable camber arms...the cost is about $50
Old 04-09-2018, 03:18 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
for the rear you can just buy toe and camber bolts instead of toe bolts and fully adjustable camber arms...the cost is about $50
Yup, what he said. The rear spring bucket is used to adjust camber whereas the front can't be adjusted with the stock arms so if you're lucky then you're close enough to where you don't need aftermarket arms. The toe bolt has a limited range but the SPC toe bolt can be used in it's place. You'll just need to widen the hole a bit or have a shop do it. Just swapping the bolt won't help. The shop I went to wouldn't do it so I just did it myself with a dremel and had an alignment done after.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:32 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
If your camber is less than -2.5 degrees, you are fine as long as toe-in is less than recommended. Almost zero in the front and slightly more in the rear for stability.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:42 PM
geazy37

So would you guys recommend having the springs, spacers, toe and camber bolts (for rear only?) installed first and then after a couple weeks take it to get aligned and if they can't get it close enough to spec than buy fully adjustable camber arms? Also what can I expect to pay for installation for these items?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:57 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

So would you guys recommend having the springs, spacers, toe and camber bolts (for rear only?) installed first and then after a couple weeks take it to get aligned and if they can't get it close enough to spec than buy fully adjustable camber arms? Also what can I expect to pay for installation for these items?
You will be able to get the rear in spec w/ the rear 4 bolt kit on a spring drop (unless you are running H&R springs, these might drop deep enough that your camber might be just a bit out).

You only need to wait 5-7 days for the springs to settle, the front toe is fully adjustable so you should get reasonable front tire wear if the camber is a bit heavy in front, (again, if you aren't dropping deep w/ H&R or Tein S-Tech springs)

You might also consider Tein Basis Z coilovers, these only cost a couple hundred more than drop springs and are a full coilover kit, you can get the exact height you want and you'll be starting out w/ zero miles on the shocks

As far as installation, this can really run from mild to wild. It's about a 3-4 hour job for those experienced w/ this platform. Some shops aren't familiar w/ the toe/camber bolt slot cutting so you need to call around and see if they are up on that. Expect a minimum of $300, and can go quite a bit higher depending on your area and competing shops.
geazy37 (04-09-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 07:55 PM
geazy37

Hey guys, I went ahead and purchased Tanabe NF 210 springs and hub centric 20mm spacers. I will be taking them to a shop for installation tomorrow. It claims to have a 1.0" drop in the front and 0.7" drop in the rear. Aside from the car just looking lower, will I actually notice or feel lower when I'm sitting in my car?
Old 04-13-2018, 09:55 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Yes, you will notice it when getting into your car, and you will notice a firmer ride. The Tanabe is pretty mild but even so you will be aware of it. The Tanabe tends to drop a bit more in the rear than advertised, but hopefully it won't have that saggy look that some have had.

Quick Reply: Eibach pro with spacers