Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

What could it be?

Old 10-14-2017, 09:21 AM
nonlinearedits
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
No clue about veering to the right unless your alignment tech sucks at his job. I had a similar issue from a pair of second hand wheels I bought. I had a road force balance done, if the only people who do this are dealers by you, go to Nissan it's much cheaper. The road force balance will find out the balance issue on all axis and will also tell if the tire is out of round, they can then dismount the tire and adjust it for the most perfect balance. I have one tire that's particularly choppy because it was manufactured out of round, and some issues with cupping. This could very well be your problem. Shaking at lower speeds can also be your transmission if it's under light acceleration. There's a service bulletin to reprogram the control module for that as well.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:38 PM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
So I took it to another shop who specializes in Nissans. They told me my camber and caster was off. The previous alignment shop wouldn’t even tell me about these issues so I’m glad I found this shop now. I’m currently getting them to replace my front upper control arms with SPL. So hopefully that fix it.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:41 PM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Update:

So after the alignment they were able to straighten everything. I drove on the highway at 70mph and still feel the slight vibration on the steering wheel and veers to the right. It has to be my wheel bearings because the shop tech inspected everything else and said they were good. Called the shop and didn’t answer so I’ll try again tomorrow as they will be closing soon. Ordered some Timkens just now and will replace them to see if that will finally fix it.

What could it be?-photo21.jpg
Old 10-17-2017, 09:23 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Good golly, look at that toe! Good thing you got the suspension sorted.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:55 PM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Good golly, look at that toe! Good thing you got the suspension sorted.
Lol tracking with the previous specs would’ve been horrendous. Broken parts for sure.

Search this Thread