Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help ?s about flushed wheels and Camber

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 08:52 AM
BabyG23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?s about flushed wheels and Camber

Hello all. I finally got my first G37S. I am looking to do the basic mods to it....intake, coilovers, wheels. Nothing too aggressive. But I have a few questions and figured I would start here. I want to lower my coupe about 3". I also want my wheels to be flushed with a slight camber. I often notice that those who have some type of camber to their wheels have more of a rounded tire. Why is that? Are they bought like that or do they wear like that because of the camber positioning? With that being said, what tires would you all recommend (size and brand) and what wheel size? I'm leaning towards 18s or 19s. I want it to look like this...thanks for all your help!
Old 07-22-2017, 02:11 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Not sure about the top car but that really low one on bottom is a bagged setup, not driving at that drop, just dropped for show, or to keep a thief from towing it away
Old 07-22-2017, 02:35 PM
BabyG23

I dont want to be that low low like the one on the bottom. I just like how the wheels are flushed. What would I have to do to get my wheels flushed like that without rubbing?

Originally Posted by blnewt
Not sure about the top car but that really low one on bottom is a bagged setup, not driving at that drop, just dropped for show, or to keep a thief from towing it away
Old 07-22-2017, 07:27 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
You can get a pretty tight fit at the fender with proper homework regarding offsets, wheel & tire widths. Like I said, take a look at the cars in that build thread, there's some tight setups! One coupe that really stands out as far as fit at the fender and and overall aggressive stance, but one that you can safely drive is Vizards' coupe here~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...va-lolz-p.html
Old 08-11-2017, 06:15 PM
T.A.D
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The "rounded" tire thing is people stretching their tires (or at least that's what I think you're describing). This happens when you buy a tire that is slightly skinnier than the suggested tire width for a wheel. So if that's the look you like, find the width wheel you want, find the suggested tire size, then go down a few mm from that size. Boom stretched tires.

There's a thread full of people showing off their wheels here so you can figure out what size and look you're going for.

If you want to go that low I'd go 19". A lot of people here have 20" but I like the look of BBK filling up the wheels and since you have a sport I'd recommend 19". I have a sport on stock wheels and I run Michelin Pilot Sports 245/40 front and 275/35 rear. The size of the tire is going to depend on the size of the wheel.

Good sticky tires are:
Expensive- Michelin Pilot Sport/ Super Sport, Pirelli P-Zero, Nitto NT05

Less Expensive- Nitto Invo, Toyo Proxes R1R, Bridgestone Potenza

Keep in mind that some of those are considered summer tires. They're not the best for rain and they will strand you in snow. I live in Charlotte NC so I can run almost anything I want. If you live in a harsher climate go with a less aggressive tire or have a second set for cold weather.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:27 PM
BabyG23

Talking

Originally Posted by T.A.D
The "rounded" tire thing is people stretching their tires (or at least that's what I think you're describing). This happens when you buy a tire that is slightly skinnier than the suggested tire width for a wheel. So if that's the look you like, find the width wheel you want, find the suggested tire size, then go down a few mm from that size. Boom stretched tires.

There's a thread full of people showing off their wheels here so you can figure out what size and look you're going for.

If you want to go that low I'd go 19". A lot of people here have 20" but I like the look of BBK filling up the wheels and since you have a sport I'd recommend 19". I have a sport on stock wheels and I run Michelin Pilot Sports 245/40 front and 275/35 rear. The size of the tire is going to depend on the size of the wheel.

Good sticky tires are:
Expensive- Michelin Pilot Sport/ Super Sport, Pirelli P-Zero, Nitto NT05

Less Expensive- Nitto Invo, Toyo Proxes R1R, Bridgestone Potenza

Keep in mind that some of those are considered summer tires. They're not the best for rain and they will strand you in snow. I live in Charlotte NC so I can run almost anything I want. If you live in a harsher climate go with a less aggressive tire or have a second set for cold weather.
Thanks! That was super helpful! Can I see pics of yours with the stock wheels?
Old 08-12-2017, 09:48 AM
T.A.D
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can maybe later today if the weather here clears up. Pics of my car wont be too helpful though for the look you're trying to achieve. I did the opposite of stretching my tires and went for tires that are wider than Infiniti's factory specifications, so mine are a little meatier than normal.