Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help bc swift springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 01:50 PM
hockeyzbh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bc swift springs

Hey guys I have an 09 g37x coupe lowered on bc br coils. Been hearing a lot about swift springs but don't really know much about them. Do they make the ride more comfortable? If so is it worth the investment or is it so minimal you wouldn't notice?
Old 04-21-2017, 02:43 PM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
How do you drive your car? What are the roads like? Do you track your car? Have you dialed in the dampener settings on your BC's yet? Would you call yourself an experienced driver when it comes to noticing subtle differences in suspension modifications and geometry?

Swift has made their name for having the lightest spring on the market for its performance (read: less semi-sprung weight), highest linearity of all springs, great accuracy in actual spring rates, huge range of applications, and one of the leading spring response rates. They claim you can go up about 2kg in rate and maintain the same ride quality. So at the end of the day this means a lowered car can get the same as OEM spring rates or up to 2kg more and still maintain a OEM feel or either softer.

Now, all those questions I asked before also play a big part of if you will notice any of that. This is the first platform I've used Swifts with and I am very please with their performance. That said, shameless plug: Rear Swift Springs for Sale.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:19 PM
hockeyzbh

Originally Posted by zer099
How do you drive your car? What are the roads like? Do you track your car? Have you dialed in the dampener settings on your BC's yet? Would you call yourself an experienced driver when it comes to noticing subtle differences in suspension modifications and geometry?

Swift has made their name for having the lightest spring on the market for its performance (read: less semi-sprung weight), highest linearity of all springs, great accuracy in actual spring rates, huge range of applications, and one of the leading spring response rates. They claim you can go up about 2kg in rate and maintain the same ride quality. So at the end of the day this means a lowered car can get the same as OEM spring rates or up to 2kg more and still maintain a OEM feel or either softer.

Now, all those questions I asked before also play a big part of if you will notice any of that. This is the first platform I've used Swifts with and I am very please with their performance. That said, shameless plug: Rear Swift Springs for Sale.
I drive it pretty hard but I don't track it. I use it as a DD car. I have dialed my dampers but haven't found the best setting for it yet. And I wouldn't say im experienced but I am not inexperienced I can tell when something is off but im not pro at it. I just want to be able to go over certain bumps without feeling like my tires are gonna pop haha
Old 04-21-2017, 03:31 PM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Road differences are a huge thing, but the only holes that make me cringe are ones that I wish could have been avoided to beginning with. I have used BC springs in the past on a track car, they were okay. The Swifts are notably more linear and predictable. They are also far more "smooth". I'm not a card caring expert, but I beat the crap out of my car on the road and track and honestly I think the Swift springs are worth the money. But it also doesn't change my opinion on the fact that some people might not notice anything and find it a waste of money. With what you said, experience wise, I feel it's safe to say you would notice a difference towards the direction you are looking for.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:10 PM
hockeyzbh

Originally Posted by zer099
Road differences are a huge thing, but the only holes that make me cringe are ones that I wish could have been avoided to beginning with. I have used BC springs in the past on a track car, they were okay. The Swifts are notably more linear and predictable. They are also far more "smooth". I'm not a card caring expert, but I beat the crap out of my car on the road and track and honestly I think the Swift springs are worth the money. But it also doesn't change my opinion on the fact that some people might not notice anything and find it a waste of money. With what you said, experience wise, I feel it's safe to say you would notice a difference towards the direction you are looking for.

so how would I know what spring rate to buy? and are they typically expensive?
Old 04-21-2017, 05:37 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Huge difference! Night and day difference for me. I dd and spirit drive. Typically you go up x2 as swifts are softer. Oem bc is 10k 8k so i went 12k 10k as i want soft for my back issues.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:02 PM
hockeyzbh

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Huge difference! Night and day difference for me. I dd and spirit drive. Typically you go up x2 as swifts are softer. Oem bc is 10k 8k so i went 12k 10k as i want soft for my back issues.

so the swift springs made the ride much more comfortable? I have no idea my spring rate right now but its super uncomfortable so anything I can do to make it better def would help.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:31 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Yes much more comfortable.
And the springs retain their rate truer through the compression.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:17 AM
hockeyzbh

Yes much more comfortable.
And the springs retain their rate truer through the compression.

that's niceee. would u buy these straight from bc racing?
Old 04-23-2017, 12:07 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hockeyzbh
that's niceee. would u buy these straight from bc racing?
That or a vendor here.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:44 AM
hockeyzbh

That or a vendor here.

know any vendor on here?
Old 04-25-2017, 12:03 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hockeyzbh