Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

HELP~All squared setups please post here!

Old 12-09-2014, 04:43 PM
chiefrock
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
19" wheels for square setup

Does anybody know where I can find affordable (i.e. <$600 per wheel) 19x9.5 wheels with five split-spokes in silver with an offset of about 32 - 34, or custom offsets. The only such wheels that I could find are shown in the attached picture. It turns out that the manufacturer is in freakin' Australia!

I want to use them for a square, dual deep-concave setup. I am going with 19's because we have poor road conditions here in Illinois. I am looking for a semi-aggressive offset because I want to avoid spacers.

I guess I'm asking for something too specific.
Attached Thumbnails HELP~All squared setups please post here!-concave-concept-cc03.jpg  

Last edited by chiefrock; 12-09-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:17 PM
tbulsara

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
have you looked at stance wheels?
Old 12-09-2014, 07:21 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by chiefrock
Does anybody know where I can find affordable (i.e. <$600 per wheel) 19x9.5 wheels with five split-spokes in silver with an offset of about 32 - 34, or custom offsets. The only such wheels that I could find are shown in the attached picture. It turns out that the manufacturer is in freakin' Australia!

I want to use them for a square, dual deep-concave setup. I am going with 19's because we have poor road conditions here in Illinois. I am looking for a semi-aggressive offset because I want to avoid spacers.

I guess I'm asking for something too specific.
Those Stance SC5s are a nice rim but they no longer make them, might be able to find some w/ a wide search
They have these in +40
TreadDepot.com: Advanti Rein Silver Wheels
Not split spoke but very nice 5 spokers w/ a +35
TreadDepot.com: SSR GTV01 Silver Wheels
Not sure the offsets but another option
Mirabeau Alloy Wheels by TSW
Gramlites are an option but a split six spoke
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/-...Fe1cMgodxncAeQ
Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Gram Lights 57xtreme
Might also send a PM to Need4Speed & GetYourWheels, and see what they can come up with
Old 12-09-2014, 07:32 PM
tbulsara

I didnt know they discontinued the Stance SC5 as its still on their website.

they are a good wheel especially when you want to get the dual concave look..

Old 12-10-2014, 01:07 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Sry, it wasn't the SC5s, they still make those. It was an older Stance design w/ the split spokes.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:03 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

There are the Concept Ones~
CS-5.0 Matte Silver Executive Edition Wheel - Concept One Wheels
Old 12-11-2014, 10:14 AM
chiefrock
Registered Member

I like the TSW Mirabeau but the offset of the 9.5 wasn't aggressive enough to use without spacers. I also like the Concept One wheels, but I couldn't find them in 19".

I actually had a set of SC-5ive wheels a couple of years ago. I sold them because I needed cash at the time. If I can't find a split spoke wheel, then I'll go with those again.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:27 PM
chiefrock
Registered Member

Originally Posted by tbulsara
I am running
My 2009 G37x is sitting on Stance Sc5 wheels wrapped in Nitto Invo
I had my fenders rolled and pulled to avoid any rubbing.

20x10.5 +38, 275/30/20
Lowered on D2 Racing Coilovers!

Sorry to obsess over spacers, but I don't see any in your list of mods. Surely, you must have needed them to get those 10.5's to fit.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:06 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Sorry to obsess over spacers, but I don't see any in your list of mods. Surely, you must have needed them to get those 10.5's to fit.
A 10.5 +38 will be right at the fenders (actually a little outside), no way would you want any more spacing there.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:30 PM
chiefrock
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
A 10.5 +38 will be right at the fenders (actually a little outside), no way would you want any more spacing there.
So, the 275 mm tire stretched onto the 10.5" wheel will be nearly 1" wider on the inboard side right? That won't scrape the control arm in the front? There is really that much extra space in there?
Old 12-13-2014, 11:05 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

So, the 275 mm tire stretched onto the 10.5" wheel will be nearly 1" wider on the inboard side right? That won't scrape the control arm in the front? There is really that much extra space in there?
You'd have to ask the few that run 10.5 squared sets, they report no rubbing, what I was saying is there's nowhere to go outward unless you do some fender pulls or heavy camber.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:35 AM
tbulsara

I have no spacers. going with the +35 brings the tire out a little.
so i had my fenders rolled and pulled.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:12 PM
RPMaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camber mod on 9.5's squared

Good morning. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I sincerely apologize if this question should have been posed elsewhere as I understand this thread is more about displaying a successful squared setup. I hope to be able to add mine to the list this week. But, before I do I would truly appreciate a little affirmation on my setup.

Having studied countless threads on wheels & tires and scribbling 6 pages of notes, I think I've settled on the following setup for my '11 Journey Sedan: F/R:19x9.5 +35 on 245/40/19 pilots.
Delivered yesterday was PN EIB6390140 which should get me 1.2/1.5 drop, respectively; bringing me to my question:

With the drop and wheel/tire combo mentioned, is it possible to get within an acceptable neg camber with just an alignment or am I looking at added expense of arms? I understand the better way to go is with a camber kit, but that is just not in the cards right now. The other option would be to go staggered and not have to hassle with trying to force the tire fitment issue. OR will everything sit down okay for 6 months until I get the kit? I don't want to pull or roll fenders at this point either.
So, conservatively speaking, is a relatively effortless setup possible with my tire/wheel choice stated above or would there be a heavy recommendation to go 8.5/9.5 and be done with it? Thanks for your patience!
Old 01-13-2015, 02:23 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by RPMaddict
Good morning. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I sincerely apologize if this question should have been posed elsewhere as I understand this thread is more about displaying a successful squared setup. I hope to be able to add mine to the list this week. But, before I do I would truly appreciate a little affirmation on my setup.

Having studied countless threads on wheels & tires and scribbling 6 pages of notes, I think I've settled on the following setup for my '11 Journey Sedan: F/R:19x9.5 +35 on 245/40/19 pilots.
Delivered yesterday was PN EIB6390140 which should get me 1.2/1.5 drop, respectively; bringing me to my question:

With the drop and wheel/tire combo mentioned, is it possible to get within an acceptable neg camber with just an alignment or am I looking at added expense of arms? I understand the better way to go is with a camber kit, but that is just not in the cards right now. The other option would be to go staggered and not have to hassle with trying to force the tire fitment issue. OR will everything sit down okay for 6 months until I get the kit? I don't want to pull or roll fenders at this point either.
So, conservatively speaking, is a relatively effortless setup possible with my tire/wheel choice stated above or would there be a heavy recommendation to go 8.5/9.5 and be done with it? Thanks for your patience!
You'll be golden w/ that setup, you're not going w/ wide tires so the fit will be decent, a bit close to the inner fender edge in front since it's not flat-rolled like the rear, it may rub under severe compression once you lower it but it would be rare.
You can get just the rear camber bolt & toe bolt setup for about $80 and if you DIY the install that's all you'd be out, this will require elongating the slots for the new toe bolts and also the slot for the camber bolts. It's the cheapest route to go as the rear arms are about $150ish. You can always just get it aligned the best you can and rotate tires more often until you can get the camber sets, or maybe you'll find the tire wear is "good enough".
here's the rear camber/toe kit sets, they look the same but the toe bolts are longer (IIRC)
SPC Rear Camber Cam Bolts (370Z / G37)
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sp...FeFzMgodgXcAiQ
The following users liked this post:
NITEMVRE (06-10-2019)
Old 01-13-2015, 02:36 PM
RPMaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you blnewt. That is precisely what I was hoping for. I feel a ton better now and can make the purchase with confidence. Assistance appreciated. I hope to share my setup soon!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP~All squared setups please post here!