MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-suspension-wheels-and-tires-305/)
-   -   G37S Staggered to Rotatable Setup (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-suspension-wheels-and-tires/247430-g37s-staggered-to-rotatable-setup.html)

nbdiver 05-25-2013 11:02 PM

G37S Staggered to Rotatable Setup

Hey all,

I am considering a set of new wheels and am thinking about going to a non staggered setup so I can rotate the tires regularly. My Bridgestone Potenza's are wearing very unevenly. I believe caster/camber is off and its too late to correct so once these tires are done I'd like to get a hole new setup.

Has anyone taken their G37S from a staggered to non staggered setup? If so, what tire size did you go with and are you happy with the results? Thanks in advance for the advice/help.

nbdiver 05-27-2013 12:09 AM

Bump...Anyone?

blnewt 05-27-2013 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by nbdiver (Post 3634429)
Bump...Anyone?

It depends on the look you're after, some guys have pulled off the very aggressive dual concave setup. Wider concave wheels (all the same size on all 4 corners), this looks great when it's done right as all 4 tires are very flush, usually best on pretty deep drops. If yo9u just want a basic square setup you can go 9" wide all around w/ 245 or 255 width tires. If you want all the same offsets so you can rotate all 4 corners then you might need spacers in back.
IMO I'd just address your alignment issues and continue going staggered though.
BTW, coupe or sedan?

nbdiver 05-27-2013 01:42 PM

I have a 11' Sedan. I am not going for any real look anymore than I am looking to get the most out of the tires and I figured I would get some wheels as I hate the sport duck feet looking wheels. Plan to sell those but not sure if I can get much for them?

blnewt 05-27-2013 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by nbdiver (Post 3634552)
I have a 11' Sedan. I am not going for any real look anymore than I am looking to get the most out of the tires and I figured I would get some wheels as I hate the sport duck feet looking wheels. Plan to sell those but not sure if I can get much for them?

Keep in mind the 19" rims are cheaper than 20" but the 20" tires are cheaper, so if you plan on keeping the wheels for more than a couple sets of tires the 20s usually come out cheaper. Just be sure to find wheels that will clear the big S brakes as it can be a tough fit sometimes. If you want to stay w/ 18s the fit can be even tougher :(
With camber/toe in spec you should still get good life out of a saggered setup, the stock bridestones wear real quick so I wouldn't use them as a guide.

nbdiver 05-27-2013 02:19 PM

Yeah, I noticed the Bridgestones don't do well at all on wear. I got the car with 14k miles on it and in the last 5k miles I've seen a noticeable wear on the tread. Granted, I believe caster/camber is out of wack so I need to get that fixed. Maybe you are right, just stick with the staggered setup and get the alignment done. No more Potenza's though, they are loud and rough in my opinion.

ReddieG37 05-27-2013 02:26 PM

If you plan on on sticking with a staggered setup, I suggest you get directional tires. That way, you can flip the tires from driver side to passenger side and vice versa.