MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-suspension-wheels-and-tires-305/)
-   -   2010 G37xS Anniversary Edition (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-suspension-wheels-and-tires/240436-2010-g37xs-anniversary-edition.html)

crod6431 10-03-2012 04:00 PM

2010 G37xS Anniversary Edition

Hi guys, I recently bought a 2010 Infiniti G37xS Sedan Anniversary Edition. Comparing it to other G37 Sport Models, I noticed that the car has the normal brakes, not the Grey Akebono Brakes. Which models have the Akebono Brakes? Sport coupes, sport sedans? Didn't the Anniversary Edition Sedan have the Akebono Brakes installed? Did they not install these on the AWD models?

Are the Akebono Brakes better in stopping or just for looks? I like the look of the calipers. What do I need to have the Akebono Brakes installed? Calipers, Pads, Rotors, etc? How much are they?

gsm026 10-07-2012 10:15 PM

The rear wheel drive "S" sport models come with the sport brakes, suspension, staggered summer tires and faster-ratio steering. AWD "x" models, including xS, do not. With both the S and the xS you get the paddle shifters, sports seats, different facias (depending on the year) and 18" wheels. And yes, the Akebono's stop the car faster (although the standard brakes do fine).

jsp872 10-08-2012 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by gsm026 (Post 3533986)
The rear wheel drive "S" sport models come with the sport brakes, suspension, staggered summer tires and faster-ratio steering. AWD "x" models, including xS, do not. With both the S and the xS you get the paddle shifters, sports seats, different facias (depending on the year) and 18" wheels. And yes, the Akebono's stop the car faster (although the standard brakes do fine).

not true,
if you get the sport package with AWD cars, whether it's sedan or coupe, you get the akebono brakes
I have a 2011 xS coupe with sport package, and I have the akebonos

ram18962 10-08-2012 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by jsp872 (Post 3534041)
not true,
if you get the sport package with AWD cars, whether it's sedan or coupe, you get the akebono brakes
I have a 2011 xS coupe with sport package, and I have the akebonos

Not true. Only xS coupes 2011 and after I believe get the sport package with brakes, suspension etc. Sedans still do not have that with the xS.

superjer2000 10-08-2012 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by gsm026 (Post 3533986)
And yes, the Akebono's stop the car faster (although the standard brakes do fine).

I don't think the brakes stop the car any faster they likely just fade less. As has been noted in numerous magazines, even small economy cars with disc brakes can generate enough power to lock the brakes. I think your ability to stop quickly comes largely from tires.

Only when you are stopping repeatedly (like on a track) where your brakes can overheat do bigger and better brakes help prevent brake fade and allow you to stop faster.