Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

SPL Endlinks. Are they out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 01:33 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
SPL Endlinks. Are they out?

So I was cruising through SPL's site for some suspension parts and look at what I stumbled upon:
SPL PRO SUSPENSION | 07-08 Infiniti G35 sedan and 08+ Infiniti G37 V36

Are they front endlinks out for our car!?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

I apologize, I actually see a vendor selling them on our forum as well (by he's also selling the SPL rear endlinks but they arent on the office spl site??)
I havent been keeping up lately and was overly excited when I saw them... does anyone have them installed? any impressions?

btw... i know alot are interested. perhaps a group buy with fbparts, who's down?

Last edited by jujubii; 09-18-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I don't have them. I have a friend that did on his G35. Great product. Except that they make ton of noise. So much so that he sold them.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:23 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

hrm, i wasnt aware that endlinks make noise. do you know what causes it?

i have a squeaky noise coming from the rear passenger side and im not too sure what's causes it. mods: coils (somewhat a possibility - heard coils only make clunking or thumping noises), hotchkis sways (just re-lubbed them), gtspec bars (they're bolted down pretty good), and the whiteline endlinks.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
The design of these are different than others. They use heim joints which can make noise. They may not always be noisy for everyone. They may not make noise on your car at all. But they have been known to on numerous platforms. Google heim joint end link noise.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:27 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

Thanks for the info BB.

Looked over at the g35 forums and though most say that the SPL front endlinks dont have much issues at all, it seems that their endlink of choice (by popularity) would be the powergrids were are extremely similar to ModMe's selfmade endlinks, which are RB (rollerball? racing beat? not sure).

is there anyone interested in these front SPL heim joint endlinks? I think Jason is running a set of his own customized pair of heim joints and has said that there has been no issues.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
i'd be interested in getting a set if they'd make a difference.

i have a set by modme rears all dialed in and they're awesome and i have had no issues.

he said he was testing out fronts, but i haven't heard anything after he said that and did the GB for his rears.

but ya.....i'd be down.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:11 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

just did a little bit of research and looked up the exploded view of our front suspension.
the long part of the endlink actually goes through the transverse link (AKA our lower A arm) through the bushing which is connected to the shock and out the other end. no wonder it took so long for aftermarket companies to develop this endlink!

considering that i might swap out some bushings (i'm having some tire wear issues, you can read about that in my other post), im probably going to wait until after sema (hopefully, spl will release everything then, to get the bushings replaced as well. pulling out the oem endlink might cause the shock to shift, not sure. dont wanna pay for more alignments than i have to.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:00 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
With your car on level ground, loosen the front end link nuts from the bar, if they slide out of the bar with no resistance, then you don't need adjustable front links.
At least for street driving!!!
The only purpose of adjustable links (for street use) is to get rid of preload.
Preload is instantiated one side or another for a particular tracks nuances.

I only bought Modme's rear end links to align the bars angle due to lowering.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:30 PM
jujubii
Premier Member

i'm lowered and the front oem links are already under stress. it's can easily be spotted.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:02 PM
JMS2000

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Any updates on this...?

Originally Posted by jujubii
So I was cruising through SPL's site for some suspension parts and look at what I stumbled upon:
SPL PRO SUSPENSION | 07-08 Infiniti G35 sedan and 08+ Infiniti G37 V36

Are they front endlinks out for our car!?
I want to install the Hotchkis front/rear sway bar set, but from what I've read, the end links should also be upgraded to avoid failures, which will be more likely since I am lowered. I honestly don't mind paying the price for the Whiteline rear end links if they are a quality product, but I don't want to ignore the fronts. So what's the story with these front/rear end links from SPL? Does anyone have long-term experience with them on their G37? Any noises or issues? Are these a complete solution or not...? Or should I just go with Whiteline in the rear and leave the fronts out in the cold?
Old 10-05-2013, 12:37 PM
JMS2000

Thumbs up

So I've decided to give these a try when I upgrade to the Hotchkis sways... They are pricey, but it beats having to replace the OEM links if/when they fail. Who knows when that will happen... maybe mid-corner! I'd rather have piece of mind.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:44 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
How would you know they failed? Have terrible squeaking front and rear going over bumps
I have hotchis sways front and rear .
Old 10-08-2013, 01:51 PM
JMS2000

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
How would you know they failed? Have terrible squeaking front and rear going over bumps
I have hotchis sways front and rear .
From what I've read, the squeaking probably just means the bushings need to be lubricated with some silicone grease. You'd be able to see if the end links were broken if you check under the car. Also, I'd imagine the car's handling would be in the toilet because of the disconnected sway bars.
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (10-08-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 01:49 PM
JMS2000

SPL front/rear sway bar end links arrived the other day! I'll install them as soon as my Hotchkis sway bars arrive. All I can say is... these are nice parts. They are of top quality and much more heavy-duty compared to the OEM end links. I can see why the OEM links snap like toothpicks. Also, the link joints are very tight and noiseless so far.

Quick Reply: SPL Endlinks. Are they out?