Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

RaulG Custom Painted Calipers

Old 12-05-2011, 08:50 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Wow that came out nice! Definitely need to look at getting mine done somewhere when I see how they can look. Wish I were closer to Raul (well for many reasons in that my car would not be in storage right now as well )!

But Raul, you just spray them on the car?! What is involved to negate any chance of overspray? I would be terrified of that. Obviously it saves time but man... I don't think I could ever chance it... And does that mean the backside is not completely sprayed? Maybe I am missing something.

What type of drilled/slotted rotors are those OP? Looks great!
Thanks! The rotors are Stoptech. What color are you thinking of doing yours in, if you get the calipers done?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by RDDLINE
Thanks! The rotors are Stoptech. What color are you thinking of doing yours in, if you get the calipers done?
I am really open as of now... My car is stored but I am most likely going to have the spokes of my wheels painted a light graphite color and I would love a color to accent it when I get it done. I love your choice though and your wheels are gorgeous too. I have the same rotors and I am just really worried about the rust as mine almost brand new had the start of it. Can't imagine how they will look out of storage. I may go black with white decals... Tough to say. Doesn't seem like I would try anything too crazy so red is definitely an option. Could go really extreme with a lime green but I doubt I could be the type to commit to something like that. Haha sorry for the long response that basically says... I am not sure yet!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:38 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Thanks homie! Notice that ARK peeking out in the 2nd pic! haha

I didnt ask him about the interior trim. Although it will be something i tackle in the future.

I think whats next is the IPL rear. It looked so fresh on G-Lovers ride...that i think i have to get it now.
I sure did. the IPL rear would work well and show it off nicely

I snapped these real quick in the parking lot. Its kind of dirty from all the wind...so ill have to take better ones once its clean. Hopefully ill get some good ones at the OC Meet and your Run next weekend!

Those SSR's are just gorgeous and the new calipers accent them nicely! We need full shots of the car and headlights should definitely be next after the bumper.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:49 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
I am really open as of now... My car is stored but I am most likely going to have the spokes of my wheels painted a light graphite color and I would love a color to accent it when I get it done. I love your choice though and your wheels are gorgeous too. I have the same rotors and I am just really worried about the rust as mine almost brand new had the start of it. Can't imagine how they will look out of storage. I may go black with white decals... Tough to say. Doesn't seem like I would try anything too crazy so red is definitely an option. Could go really extreme with a lime green but I doubt I could be the type to commit to something like that. Haha sorry for the long response that basically says... I am not sure yet!
Mine rusted like 2 weeks after having them seriously! I dont think theres any way of keeping that off, unless the car is never driven :\ I think black with white decals would be clean too...but all the guys were telling me that no one would notice the calipers that way. The silver gets lost behind the rim, so the black probably would too. I dont think you can ever go wrong with red, as its pretty classic. Initially i was thinking purple, to match my lugs, but then i chickened out. haha

Originally Posted by soolman32
I sure did. the IPL rear would work well and show it off nicely

Those SSR's are just gorgeous and the new calipers accent them nicely! We need full shots of the car and headlights should definitely be next after the bumper.
Im calling Brad tomorrow to see if the IPL rear is in stock. Hopefully the car will get shot sooner than later, so i can finally ditch these iphone pics...and do the car justice.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:15 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow that looks great ! Good Job guys !!!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
i like!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:20 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
Wow that looks great ! Good Job guys !!!

Originally Posted by Dj farhan
i like!!!!!!!
Thanks guys!! Raul got down on this one! Much props to him!
Old 12-08-2011, 01:36 PM
OnYourKnees

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks fantastic.

Where did you order the decals and in what size for the front and rear?
Old 12-08-2011, 01:46 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
I've been on the fence about doing this for quite a while now, and debating between the same two colors. I really like the shade of red you went with, it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and still keeps it clean looking. I might go with black lettering vs the white though....

Looks great man!!!! Props to Raul!!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
I've been on the fence about doing this for quite a while now, and debating between the same two colors. I really like the shade of red you went with, it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and still keeps it clean looking. I might go with black lettering vs the white though....

Looks great man!!!! Props to Raul!!!!
Trust me when i say.....i was set on black. I had been debating all weekend over it. I actually still wouldnt mind doing black in the future. I think your G has the same menacing look as mine...and black would look sick on it! I say go black.....so i can see what it wouldve looked like.

Too bad youre not out here so Raul could hook you up!
Old 12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Trust me when i say.....i was set on black. I had been debating all weekend over it. I actually still wouldnt mind doing black in the future. I think your G has the same menacing look as mine...and black would look sick on it! I say go black.....so i can see what it wouldve looked like.

Too bad youre not out here so Raul could hook you up!
I really like the idea of black with red lettering....i think it would be subtle but very VERy clean.

I know...wtf! Maybe in 2 years when us MN G guys will plan a roady out there like we are in May down to ZdayZ and Florida to visit Diego & the SoFlo guys for a week.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:32 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

I really like the idea of black with red lettering....i think it would be subtle but very VERy clean.

I know...wtf! Maybe in 2 years when us MN G guys will plan a roady out there like we are in May down to ZdayZ and Florida to visit Diego & the SoFlo guys for a week.
THAT would be clean! Now you have to do it!

Road trip from MN to Cali....i can only imagine the crazy stuff that would happen in between! haha
Old 12-08-2011, 06:02 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

THAT would be clean! Now you have to do it!

Road trip from MN to Cali....i can only imagine the crazy stuff that would happen in between! haha

Oh no doubt! We have 9 of us from the MN G's cruising down to NC and FL for a week and a half. I personally have done the trip from WI to Vegas and San Diego before, ...I think it'd be a he//a lot more fun w/ a group of modified G's 4sho!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:47 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Oh no doubt! We have 9 of us from the MN G's cruising down to NC and FL for a week and a half. I personally have done the trip from WI to Vegas and San Diego before, ...I think it'd be a he//a lot more fun w/ a group of modified G's 4sho!
Thats great! If you guys ever roll to Cali or Vegas im so in! Im hitting Vegas this weekend through next week.

Its too bad everyone is so spread throughout the states. Having all the rides together would be GAMEOVER. Be like a big frat party lol!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:23 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Thats great! If you guys ever roll to Cali or Vegas im so in! Im hitting Vegas this weekend through next week.

Its too bad everyone is so spread throughout the states. Having all the rides together would be GAMEOVER. Be like a big frat party lol!
No doubt about that Was in Cali this past summer and chances are I will be going back next year to visit my brother in San Diego. If I do I'll have to hit you up so I can check out your ride in person

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RaulG Custom Painted Calipers