MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-suspension-wheels-and-tires-305/)
-   -   Help Eibach Pro Kit HELP!!! (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-suspension-wheels-and-tires/215999-eibach-pro-kit-help.html)

Stevielu 12-30-2010 07:27 PM

Eibach Pro Kit HELP!!!

I went to a tire pro down here in Chandler, AZ to have Eibach Pro Kit Springs and the Eibach alignment kit put on my 08 G37 Journey w/ sport package. The shop did a great job on my rear wheels but the front wheels have excessive negative camber (-1.34). the guy at the shop is now telling me I need to buy a whole new kind of front control arm, costing me around $850 installed!!! :mad: he told me that my current stock control arms are pushing the bottom of my wheels outwards since my new Eibach springs are a lot shorter.

I bought the springs from Stillen.com and read reviews and people's thoughts on these pro kits around this forum, and none of them mentioned any camber problems with the front wheels.

Im a noobie on things about cars, especially suspension. Please help, i dont want to pay $850 when no one else had to. If you need more information, ask me. Thanks :)

Weiboy718 12-30-2010 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Stevielu (Post 3027050)
I went to a tire pro down here in Chandler, AZ to have Eibach Pro Kit Springs and the Eibach alignment kit put on my 08 G37 Journey w/ sport package. The shop did a great job on my rear wheels but the front wheels have excessive negative camber (-1.34). the guy at the shop is now telling me I need to buy a whole new kind of front control arm, costing me around $850 installed!!! :mad: he told me that my current stock control arms are pushing the bottom of my wheels outwards since my new Eibach springs are a lot shorter.

I bought the springs from Stillen.com and read reviews and people's thoughts on these pro kits around this forum, and none of them mentioned any camber problems with the front wheels.

Im a noobie on things about cars, especially suspension. Please help, i dont want to pay $850 when no one else had to. If you need more information, ask me. Thanks :)

here's the thing about our car. you can't adjust camber for the front and once you lower a car the camber will become negative. that 1.34 is about right! the only way you can correct that is to get a camber kit, that cost anywhere between 300-350 plus install and alignment will get you back to at least 500-700 depending on the shop.

what you should have done was get the camber kit along with the spring and install all at once but no need to panic cuz running a - 1.34 camber isn't gonna do any damages except you'll only wear your inner tire sidewall a bit faster than normal.

TVPostSound 12-30-2010 07:50 PM

Do a search here,
If you want to return the camber to factory specs, yes you need the adjustable front arms.

Some will say they have been fine without them.
I dont think so.

The $850 is a little steep.

The arms are under $400 pair.
Installation should be no more than $200. Its 2 pivot bolts, and a ball joint nut.

Loi 12-30-2010 07:53 PM

A little bit of camber in the front doesn't hurt, before I bought a front camber kit, my car was handling a lot smoother around corners. But of course the downside is the inner part of your tires wear out faster, however, you can rotate them from side to side when it comes time.

SRG 12-30-2010 08:02 PM

ohhh oh...getting my eibachs installed next week...lol

SRG 12-30-2010 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Loi (Post 3027072)
A little bit of camber in the front doesn't hurt, before I bought a front camber kit, my car was handling a lot smoother around corners. But of course the downside is the inner part of your tires wear out faster, however, you can rotate them from side to side when it comes time.

clear your inbox lol

Loi 12-30-2010 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by SRG (Post 3027088)
clear your inbox lol

Sorry, whats up?

SRG 12-30-2010 08:50 PM

Was just replying to your message lol

Stevielu 12-30-2010 09:04 PM

oh okay i see. I know that there should be a little bit of negative camber anyways, i guess the mechanic at the shop might have exaggerated the camber a little bit. I was just making sure that was not too negative. Thanks guys! :)

Anyone else who has Eibach Pros have that much negative camber in the front wheels? what about the back??

SRG 12-30-2010 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stevielu (Post 3027106)
oh okay i see. I know that there should be a little bit of negative camber anyways, i guess the mechanic at the shop might have exaggerated the camber a little bit. I was just making sure that was not too negative. Thanks guys! :)

Anyone else who has Eibach Pros have that much negative camber in the front wheels? what about the back??

I'll get mine done on Monday and i will let you know how it goes.:confused2:

Doggy 12-30-2010 09:05 PM

You don't need a kit for eibach springs, a little negative camber won't hurt

Loi 12-30-2010 10:09 PM

I was at -1.7 front and -1.6 rear

TVPostSound 12-30-2010 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by doggyfresh102 (Post 3027108)
You don't need a kit for eibach springs, a little negative camber won't hurt

-.6 is a little!!!

Hliang 01-01-2011 03:23 PM

I just got an alignment done and they couldn't fix my front it was like -1.6 left and -2.0 right and my back were back into spec

QuickSilver08 01-01-2011 04:16 PM

15k miles on negative camber from the eibach kit destroyed the insides of my front tires and I don't track my car. I just ordered the spc arms from thmotorsports.com for $379 shipped.