Just ordered D2 Racing coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 01:27 AM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just ordered D2 Racing coilovers

I just ordered D2 racing coilovers for my g37xs anyone with long time experience with them agree or disagree with purchase? I tried to do a search and nothing really came up.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:01 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Originally Posted by DollHouz
I just ordered D2 racing coilovers for my G37xS. Anyone with long-time experience with them agree or disagree with purchase? I tried to do a search and nothing really came up.
Fixed it for you.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:17 AM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Fixed it for you.
Wait what did you fix?

Edit: Hahaha thank you 😊
Old 06-16-2018, 11:10 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Should be similar to the other Taiwan sourced coilovers like BC, Megan, etc. I've got over 70k miles on my Megan coilovers and they still are working well, a bit squeaky when cold but other than that they've held up well.

I'd apply some copper anti seize on the collar threads, or wrap the unused threads w/ blue painters tape as those threads get full of debris making future adjustments harder. Be sure to set preload as per their instructions, if that's not clear just a bit compressed, like 5mm should get you there.
The following users liked this post:
DollHouz (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 11:13 AM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Originally Posted by blnewt
Should be similar to the other Taiwan sourced coilovers like BC, Megan, etc. I've got over 70k miles on my Megan coilovers and they still are working well, a bit squeaky when cold but other than that they've held up well.

I'd apply some copper anti seize on the collar threads, or wrap the unused threads w/ blue painters tape as those threads get full of debris making future adjustments harder. Be sure to set preload as per their instructions, if that's not clear just a bit compressed, like 5mm should get you there.
thank you for the info I'm new to working on cars but 100% willing to learn would it be a bad idea to diy this?
Old 06-16-2018, 11:58 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by DollHouz

thank you for the info I'm new to working on cars but 100% willing to learn would it be a bad idea to diy this?
It would be a good idea to have someone that's not new to doing auto repairs give you a hand. This isn't an overly complex DIY but not something I'd suggest trying if you've never done ANY auto wrenching. Take a look at the several DIY links on youtube and on this site and see if it's something you want to attempt, but again, get a buddy to help that's done some auto work.

This is a project that requires having your car securely lifted on jack stands and a fair amount of work will be done under the car, so again, having someone that's versed in auto repair for your own safety is important.
DollHouz (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 12:00 PM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

It would be a good idea to have someone that's not new to doing auto repairs give you a hand. This isn't an overly complex DIY but not something I'd suggest trying if you've never done ANY auto wrenching. Take a look at the several DIY links on youtube and on this site and see if it's something you want to attempt, but again, get a buddy to help that's done some auto work.

This is a project that requires having your car securely lifted on jack stands and a fair amount of work will be done under the car, so again, having someone that's versed in auto repair for your own safety is important.
I have been looking at DIYs for it, I get what you're saying guess I'll figure it out when I get them thank you again for the advice

also for the threads would like a teflon tape work?

Trending Topics

Old 06-16-2018, 12:38 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

The thicker type you use for gas lines (it's yellow tape) would hold up better.
DollHouz (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 12:39 PM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

The thicker type you use for gas lines (it's yellow tape) would hold up better.
Sweet I know I've said this multiple times but thank you 😊
blnewt (06-16-2018)