Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review Z1 Subframe Bushing Collars

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 01:49 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Damn. That's two unimpressed reviews, from two members who road track their cars.

You didn't feel any improved throttle response, like this guy here on the Z forum?

Z1 Subframe Bushing Insert/Collar Review - Nissan 370Z Forum
I wouldn't say I'm unimpressed - but it's an easy thing to forget that's there once you get used to it. At least, an easier thing to forget than the diff that used to flop around back there (did the diff bushings at the same time).

Like I've said before, on-off throttle response has improved. However, I try not to be too stabby on the throttle on the track, because smooth is fast. If you keep the car loaded, then you won't feel it as much because there's less of a transition. Additionally, my car is set up to be very soft in the rear - 8k springs with matched valving and stock swaybar - in conjunction with the taller sidewall and wider tire (tires are downsized to an 18inch; 275/40R18 all around), I've already lost a lot of the snappiness most people are probably used to feeling.

For the budget, if you're already in there taking care of a destroyed diff bushing and you want a bit more response, I don't see why you wouldn't do this. But as a standalone mod you would need a good chunk of a day to do if you're inexperienced, not so much.
The following users liked this post:
slartibartfast (05-31-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 06:09 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Hashim..... have you installed your set yet? Look forward to your review on these or a review from anyone else that does not have coilovers or upgraded diff bushings, as I'd like to know what these collars will do with everything else in the rear stock.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:49 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Please read my review, again. Except for the trans mount, I was stock.

Maybe you're looking for another stock car review? Your post didn't make that clear.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:30 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Please read my review, again. Except for the trans mount, I was stock.

Maybe you're looking for another stock car review? Your post didn't make that clear.
I read your review (and thank you for it), but from your signature line, you have aftermarket diff bushings installed as well. Were the diff bushing installed prior to the collars? If so, that will change the evaluation of the collars. If the collars were installed first and you drove with them for a while before you upgraded the diff bushings, then your review of how the collars changed the suspension characteristics before the diff bushing upgrade would be what I'm looking for.

I'm wanting to hear from someone that still has the OEM diff bushings, as a review from someone that has only installed the collars is the only way to truly evaluate just the collars and that's why I keep asking Hashim if they have installed the collars that they have.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:12 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by The Pope
Hashim..... have you installed your set yet? Look forward to your review on these or a review from anyone else that does not have coilovers or upgraded diff bushings, as I'd like to know what these collars will do with everything else in the rear stock.

Unfortunately not yet, been busy travelling for work since last month and probably wont be home long enough to give it a shot till at least July... They're just sitting on my workbench in the garage

will do my best to post as soon as I do
Old 06-04-2018, 04:51 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Originally Posted by The Pope
I read your review (and thank you for it), but from your signature line, you have aftermarket diff bushings installed as well.
Good point. I edited my initial post to indicate mods to the car at the time of the collar install.
The following users liked this post:
The Pope (06-04-2018)