Help Slammed awd question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 08:05 PM
siccmade781

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slammed awd question

Hello all,
I was wondering if anybody has had any issues with cv boots,bushings or joints ? The reason I ask is because I recently lowered my 07 g35x ...and have heard from a friend that drives an 05 x he had to replace those parts a lot when he was slammed. I wanted to know if I would run in to the same potential problems with the 07 g35x. Thank you in advanced.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
What Joints are you referring to?...bushings and CV boots are soft rubber items that need to be replaced at higher mileage/age as rubber will tend to dry out and rot. If your friend still drives his 2005 (a 12 or 13 year old car at this point) he should expect to have to replace these parts as a part of maintenance...that being said I have the same year and car as you and have never had an issue with CV boots (sounds like your friend has been scraping or bottoming out) but I have changed many bushings even before lowering...

TL/DR: I don't think you'll have any extra issues because you're slammed in these respects
Old 04-21-2017, 11:58 AM
joeg37x

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
My cv boot went out recently I was dropped as much as you are. But I hit a pothole hard so I'm sure that's what caused it to rip on me, other than nothing else went wrong.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:58 PM
siccmade781

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it! I just got a little worried about driving that low when my friend was telling me about his experience. I currently live out in Denver the roads aren't to bad but there is a pretty good amount of construction going on everywhere I'll just take it slow and take back roads and alternate routes.