Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review Hotchkis sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 12:24 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 449 Likes on 377 Posts
I think there are MOOG parts that are heavy duty - google "mg37 end links moog" and go from there.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:35 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by adrianbf
Hey guys sorry to bring up an old thread, I just had a question for the rear end links. I'm planning on installing a hotchkis sway bar but since I like to be prepared I was wondering where I could find some good end links for an '08 base G37. I'm not planning on buying them immediately but just in case the sway bar does end up eating the OEM end links I could know where to get some good quality ones.
Your rear end links should be fine. It's the front end links that get eaten up with the Hotchkis sway bars.

Originally Posted by rotarymike
I think there are MOOG parts that are heavy duty - google "mg37 end links moog" and go from there.
Skip the moog end links. I got a set of those for the front of my car with the Hotchkis sway bars, but they did not seem to last any longer than the oem parts and crapped out after just 2 track days. I upgraded to SPL end links up front and those seem to be a lot more durable. Again, your oem endlinks should hold up in the rear.
The following users liked this post:
qwntn (12-13-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 02:02 PM
ARC_Rab
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had Hotchkis Sways on my old g35 and they ate my rear links almost annually. Could never figure out what it was. Never had any other sways so I couldnt compare them in size. Had SPL and Whiteline links and all went bad. I will say they were probably the best mod I had, but my links were always off or went bad early.
Old 02-08-2021, 03:34 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by ARC_Rab
Had Hotchkis Sways on my old g35 and they ate my rear links almost annually. Could never figure out what it was. Never had any other sways so I couldnt compare them in size. Had SPL and Whiteline links and all went bad. I will say they were probably the best mod I had, but my links were always off or went bad early.
That's strange. I had the same issue with my front end links, but my rears have been fine. It might be more rare on normal G37's, but my fronts went because my car did see a few track days. I tried Moog end links, but they did not last. I splurged for SPL and they have given me no issues in years. I still run the stock end links out back.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:29 PM
ARC_Rab
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
That's strange. I had the same issue with my front end links, but my rears have been fine. It might be more rare on normal G37's, but my fronts went because my car did see a few track days. I tried Moog end links, but they did not last. I splurged for SPL and they have given me no issues in years. I still run the stock end links out back.
Will be ordering sways in the near future. Hopefully won't have the same issues
Old 04-26-2021, 01:45 PM
xiangliang2
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I installed Hotchkis sway bars about 2 years ago with SPL front and rear end links and have had zero issues. SPL are definitely worth the money.
The following 3 users liked this post by xiangliang2:
4DRZ (04-26-2021), qwntn (12-13-2021), rotarymike (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021, 11:28 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 449 Likes on 377 Posts
SPL fronts are def on the list. For the rears I'll probably patch together regular racing rod ends.