Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review KSport AWD Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 02:29 AM
LunatheG
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good review! were u already lowered before u installed the coilovers?
Old 02-02-2019, 07:54 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Glad to hear they're working out well, post some updates after a few months if you can.
currently waiting on ksport to fix an ongoing issue before I can post my issues. They said they are going to take care of them, so I have given them the opportunity before I post review on here. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:44 PM
G37 S 6MT Sedan

K Sport quality

I’ve had my k sports on my car for the last 10,000 miles, and I’ve noticed many issues, ranging from sound and feel. As far as the sound goes, I noticed on really cold morning they tend to squeak under stress (going over slight bumps). On the aspect of how they feel, they’re bouncy, really bouncy, and it doesn’t feel right. Going over slight bumps on highways makes it feel like the car is about to launch in the air. Also going over mediocre to small pot holes, the suspension feels as if it just took off my fender. Keep in mind I’m not crazy low either.

They are coilovers after all, you’d expect some of these feedbacks but not in the severity of my case. But I guess you get what you pay for.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:54 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Are your Ksport damping-adjustable?
Old 02-13-2019, 12:11 AM
Delpatio829

Brake line bracket ?

Originally Posted by ShuuraRG
I'll give this a shot, though I'm not particularly used to posting reviews on products. Here goes...

The packaging:

eh, where's the beef?

I was shocked at how little packing material was included with the coils. Though nothing had been damaged or scratched, it was a bit alarming.

Quality:

The quality is quite impressive. I don't have any shots of them out of the box, and not on the car, but they're very well built. I was like a kid at x-mas who'd received far better than I'd asked for. Needless to say, I was very happy with the build of this product.

Fit and installment:

I didn't install them completely on my own, the shop I go to allows me to pitch in. However, the install was pretty straight-forward and took about 20 minutes per corner. The rear install no longer uses the spring perch, as you'll notice in the images below. Height adjustments are standard fare. Release the top nut and use the other for adjustments, spin the bottom shaft to reach the height of the lower nut, then tighten both when done.

Performance:

I wish I had a "before and after" Hotchkis install comparison, but they were installed about a week after the sways. All I can comment on is the heightened handling with a lower center of gravity. The Hotchkis Sways are amazing and, I feel, drastically change the driving experience by themselves. However, in conjunction with the KSports, the predictability in handling has increased. There's very little body-roll, but that could also be attributed to the sways. I've not experienced any noises or negative effects from these coils.

I was a little concerned about possibly needing a camber kit after the 1.25" drop, but after settling, the wheels tucked nicely and I've not noticed any adverse wear patterns after nearly a year.

I hope this helps someone!

Is there a bracket for the front brake lines? t the ones that have a bolt holding them onto the original strut.

The line pictured here.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:18 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Did you HAVE to quote the entire post? I see only one photo that applies to your question.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:08 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Delpatio829

Is there a bracket for the front brake lines? t the ones that have a bolt holding them onto the original strut.

The line pictured here.
Nice first post!
Random question, is this your first set of coils? These were my first coils I’ve ever bought, even though I bought the ones for G37x directly from ksport, I got screwed. Lol k sport tried to blame the shop that installed for the issue, still haven’t taken ownership of the defective product. Not sure how they are in business. Literally did nothing at all.
It was my fault for trying these out without seeing these reviews all over the internet/word of mouth with same problem of bounce with no fix from company. 2 of the best vq motorsports shops in Georgia told me not to install them and that I just just do it right the first time and just buy a quality set. I didnt listen because Eric at ksport said he would set me up with something I can track also and not to worry. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
After seeing other company coils side by side (not going to name) then going for a ride... LOL I wish I had never bought these, not sure why/how these are even on the market. I’ll be removing from my build and listing for $400. I Just can’t deal with it anymore, somebody could put some Swift’s on and fix the issue.

My issue is purely a issue of wrong spring rate. Ksport did tell me I would need to change my setup if I wanted to driving it. They wanted me to spend more money with them and buy the new ksport sport coils...They have done nothing for months. All I need is the correct spring rates. Their customer service is literally the worst in the business. OUT OF 4 YEARS OF MODDING, THIS IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE IVE HAD WITH A COMPANY/PRODUCT ON MY BUILD.
It literally should of been as easy as troubleshooting then the warranty should of fixed the rest.
The amount of bounce is unsafe and ridiculous. No matter what level of preload or dampening setting.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:10 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Did you HAVE to quote the entire post? I see only one photo that applies to your question.
LOL it’s his first post.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:12 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by G37 S 6MT Sedan
I’ve had my k sports on my car for the last 10,000 miles, and I’ve noticed many issues, ranging from sound and feel. As far as the sound goes, I noticed on really cold morning they tend to squeak under stress (going over slight bumps). On the aspect of how they feel, they’re bouncy, really bouncy, and it doesn’t feel right. Going over slight bumps on highways makes it feel like the car is about to launch in the air. Also going over mediocre to small pot holes, the suspension feels as if it just took off my fender. Keep in mind I’m not crazy low either.

They are coilovers after all, you’d expect some of these feedbacks but not in the severity of my case. But I guess you get what you pay for.
What are you switching to? I know your car came with the ksports installed when you bought them. Lol probably the reason they sold the car hahah rode like ****.... (all jokes aside you got one of the quicker local gs and love the build)
The following users liked this post:
latino914 (01-30-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 03:38 PM
g37g37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
thanks for sharing this post!

im in the market for coilovers for my 2012 g37x...looking for a nice lowering but able to provide comfort for the kids in the back.