MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension-306/)
-   -   Review Nismo Struts/shocks - G37 sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension/277779-nismo-struts-shocks-g37-sedan.html)

Gregor12 08-14-2016 02:01 AM

Nismo Struts/shocks - G37 sedan

whats up everyone. just wanted to post a little bit about my experience with the suspension swap since I've seen a few questions about all this around the forum without any solid answers.

will the struts/shocks off of a 370z nismo fit the g37?
- YES

Will the front and rear sway bars fit the g37?
- Yes, but only the rwd models.

Will this affect the ride height of your car?
- this depends mostly on what springs you're running. Stock nismo springs will normally lower the car a little bit.

is this mod worth it?
- if you find a good set with low mileage for fairly cheap, then don't be scared to pull the trigger on that.

How is the ride quality?
- the car is A LOT more stiff now. these struts are valved aggressively compared to stock. Im sure the eibach springs do not help but they can be harsh at times compared to stock. Pretty much the same ride as an entry level coilover with eibach springs and Nismo struts/shocks. However, the ride is not bouncy after hitting bumps and what not, just firm.

Performance and handling
- the car definitely seems to corner better and the steering response has increase. Body roll is reduced a little as well.

would i do it again, or recommend it to a friend?
- most likely not. the ride is a little to harsh for me since i had high hopes of retaining a good ride. I would recommend trying it with a softer spring. or maybe the stock spring. let me know if anyone has any other questions. ill edit the post.

Phil

blnewt 08-14-2016 09:48 AM

Nice review Phil, would be interesting to see how they would work out w/ the stock Nismo springs. I'm going to copy this thread and paste in the review folder too, thanks for this.
B

Gregor12 08-14-2016 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice review Phil, would be interesting to see how they would work out w/ the stock Nismo springs. I'm going to copy this thread and paste in the review folder too, thanks for this.
B

Sounds good sir. Thank you. I was going to try but I liked the rude height of my eibachs too much. Also I was worried about the different spring rates!

slartibartfast 08-14-2016 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gregor12 (Post 4063531)
How is the ride quality?
These struts are valved aggressively compared to stock. I'm sure the Eibach springs do not help but they can be harsh at times compared to stock.

It's not uncommon to see 370Z NISMO owners get rid of their dampers for just this reason.

PNW_IPL 08-14-2016 01:40 PM

If the stiffness gets to you I have oem ipl suspension for grabs. Although I'm not sure how they compare to the 370z nismo
Compared to my 350z nismo the 370z nismo suspension is firm, good low speed rebound. IPL suspension was firm yet comfortable. Like oem coupe suspension

Gregor12 08-18-2016 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
If the stiffness gets to you I have oem ipl suspension for grabs. Although I'm not sure how they compare to the 370z nismo
Compared to my 350z nismo suspension is bone jarring like the 370z nismo the IPL suspension was firm yet comfortable.

Thank you for the offer sir. I appreciate it! I am currently saving for some coilovers to throw on by the end of the year

Gregor12 10-31-2016 12:21 AM

My nismo suspension with Eibach prokit sedan springs are now available for sale. Selling the car so I removed them. The fronts are still together. No signs of leaving shocks either.

Ape Factory 10-31-2016 11:49 PM

I'd like to see if the damper and spring part numbers are identical between the Nismo and the IPL. I have a feeling the IPL shocks are different. I never found the IPL suspension to be harsh but very well controlled overall. Just needed more low speed damping.

Just looked up the part numbers. I don't know if the difference comes from the fact one is Nissan and one is Infiniti or if they're indeed different parts:
Infiniti-E6110-JU40A
Nissan-E6110-1A30B

I think 95% of the folks out there would be quite happy with the IPL's ride and they'd probably pair well with the Eibach/Swift offerings.

With that said, a set of high quality coilovers with higher spring rates are a night and day difference especially when it comes to body control and sway.

PNW_IPL 11-01-2016 02:10 PM

ipl setup feels like an old Cadillac while the nismo feels like a newer Cadillac with sporty suspension

MStrike 09-08-2021 08:50 PM

Is the difference between Eibach and KYB springs that Eibach has a low drop, specifically for a RWD coupe? Will one or the other require a camber kit?

gravity37S 12-19-2021 02:02 PM

whats up everyone. just wanted to post a little bit about my experience with the suspension swap since I've seen a few questions about all this around the forum without any solid answers.

- YES

- this depends mostly on what springs you're running. Stock nismo springs will normally lower the car a little bit.

is this mod worth it?
- if you find a good set with low mileage for fairly cheap, then don't be scared to pull the trigger on that.

How is the ride quality?
- the car is A LOT more stiff now. these struts are valved aggressively compared to stock. Im sure the eibach springs do not help but they can be harsh at times compared to stock. Pretty much the same ride as an entry level coilover with eibach springs and Nismo struts/shocks. However, the ride is not bouncy after hitting bumps and what not, just firm.

Performance and handling
- the car definitely seems to corner better and the steering response has increase. Body roll is reduced a little as well.

- most likely not. the ride is a little to harsh for me since i had high hopes of retaining a good ride. I would recommend trying it with a softer spring. or maybe the stock spring. let me know if anyone has any other questions. ill edit the post.

Phil

I know its not an exhaust or muffler thread, but I have a question? is 370Z (2015) Muffler fits on 08 G37S coupe. And will it make any difference over the stock factory old muffler?

Klee2000 05-05-2023 03:35 AM

2013 G37 Coup shock fit 2013 G37 Sedan Journey

Hi Phil was wondering if you know the answer to this question. Will the 2013 G37 coupe shocks fit the 2013 G37 Sedan?

- YES

is this mod worth it?

How is the ride quality?

Performance and handling

Phil

BULL 05-05-2023 10:24 AM

So I tried NIsmo shocks on my sedan on rear Sport springs. Turned into a stiff and bouncy ride however the rear feels more planted when it's not bouncing as much.

I suspect that this bouncing is not from the valving as much as it's bottoming out. My old shocks bumpstops were powdered. The nismo shocks have a shorter rod and the 370z bumpstops looked like they were going to hit.

I'll be cutting these in the future and will let you know. Only the rear shocks, the front is base 370z.

mummy2 06-12-2023 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by BULL (Post 4322391)
So I tried NIsmo shocks on my sedan on rear Sport springs. Turned into a stiff and bouncy ride however the rear feels more planted when it's not bouncing as much.

I suspect that this bouncing is not from the valving as much as it's bottoming out. My old shocks bumpstops were powdered. The nismo shocks have a shorter rod and the 370z bumpstops looked like they were going to hit.

I'll be cutting these in the future and will let you know. Only the rear shocks, the front is base 370z.

The IPL shocks also have an extremly short rod. I think they are meant to be Nissans versions of coilovers. Fine over glass smooth roads but if your streets are bad they do tend to bottom out and can get bouncy. I don't like the short quick motions