G37X coilover options - MyG37

G37X coilover options

Old 02-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #1  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Thanked 4,627 Times in 3,938 Posts
G37X coilover options

If you guys know of any additional coilover systems for the AWD X models please post them here w/ part #s. Do not post pricing from a vendor though. A price range is OK but not specific vendor pricing. Thanks!
Here's the latest review of the newest coilovers from Fortune 500, they look promising!
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...er-review.html

Here's one I just found out about today so have no idea on the quality or overall value, any feedback is appreciated on any of these coil setups

FWIW All of these coilover sets are in the under $1000 range

Ksport Adjustable Coilover Systems, Camber Kits and Suspension Products | Ksport Store

Another one that's been added
D2 Coilovers
D-IN-10 RS Coilovers
http://www.d2racing.com/coilovers/rs-series/

And the older standbys~
Megan Racing EZII series MR-CDK-IG09AW-EZII ~
Megan Racing

BC Racing Part#V-08
http://www.bcracing-na.com/2013BCRac...cationList.pdf

And over $1k
Fortune 500
https://www.tunerzstore.com/fortune-...-coilovers-g37

Stance coilovers are reported to be making a set for the AWD, stay tuned

Last edited by blnewt; 01-31-2016 at 11:12 AM.
blnewt is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
dbeachy1 (07-25-2015), kennyz424 (04-23-2016), rohtx713 (04-09-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #2  
mark1478

subscribed. also looking to know the best available options, feedback, etc. thanks for putting this up
mark1478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #3  
Himalaya

I will be going with the ksports this spring. IMO its the best out of whatever is out for the X
Himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #4  
mark1478

I just read the description of those ksports. possibly no camber kit necessary? that's pretty badass. can that be verified for the front? saves like 300-400 bucks
mark1478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #5  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1478 View Post
I just read the description of those ksports. possibly no camber kit necessary? that's pretty badass. can that be verified for the front? saves like 300-400 bucks
I've read that several coilovers have the camber plates but that may be more of a generic description of the model line. The camber for the G is set by the upper A-arm ball joint offset, the coilover just mounts from the lower fixed mount to the upper strut mounting plate which wouldn't have any bearing on the camber angle.
The Following User Says Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
mark1478 (02-16-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #6  
qroundqod

this is a good thread here, i have an AWD sedan myself and was looking into coilovers been wanting to hear what people have to say
qroundqod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #7  
connoisseurr
Premier Member

I'm hoping to get some additional reviews of the Ksport system. Looks rather similar to the D2 system.

Hoping some of you all can chime in here that have an experience with Ksport coilovers.
connoisseurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #8  
smchale

A guy that I know said as far as camber kits go, it would be a good and wise investment to get at least a rear kit. Front kits are available too if you see any uneven tire wear or simply want to properly align the car for safety and performance reasons.

Stock the car has no camber/toe adjustment.

Due to the nature of the suspension geometry design in the G's and Z's a camber plate is not allowed on any of the coilovers.

He also was saying ksports are the way to go. I am looking to get some for my x to so anyone with other reviews and if they got a camber kit would useful.
smchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:14 PM   #9  
Project10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
If you guys know of any additional coilover systems for the AWD X models please post them here w/ part #s. Do not post pricing from a vendor though. A price range is OK but not specific vendor pricing. Thanks!

Here's one I just found out about today so have no idea on the quality or overall value, any feedback is appreciated on any of these coil setups

FWIW All of these coilover sets are in the under $1000 range

Ksport Adjustable Coilover Systems, Camber Kits and Suspension Products | Ksport Store

Another one that's been added
D2 Coilovers
D-IN-10 RS Coilovers
http://www.d2racing.com/coilovers/rs-series/

And the older standbys~
Megan Racing Street LP series~
Megan Racing
BC Racing Part#V-08
http://www.bcracing-na.com/2013BCRac...cationList.pdf
Defiantly some very good info in this write up, great work!
I just recently picked up a 2012 G37XS. I'm looking into coilovers for it, minus the rear clunking BC is known for. Already picked up R2C intake, CF engine cover w/nismo oil cap & everything is LED know. I also have an 04 sedan on H&R springs w/ Tokico blues & all six bushings up front are whitline. It rides great but I'd like some height adjustment this time around. Just want a quality set of coils that give a quality ride, is that too much to ask. I would have to say I think not...
Project10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:14 AM   #10  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project10 View Post
Defiantly some very good info in this write up, great work!
I just recently picked up a 2012 G37XS. I'm looking into coilovers for it, minus the rear clunking BC is known for. Already picked up R2C intake, CF engine cover w/nismo oil cap & everything is LED know. I also have an 04 sedan on H&R springs w/ Tokico blues & all six bushings up front are whitline. It rides great but I'd like some height adjustment this time around. Just want a quality set of coils that give a quality ride, is that too much to ask. I would have to say I think not...
Hopefully we can start getting some reviews posted here and a few more options for you X guys. Anyone out there w/ X coilovers please post your thoughts, thanks!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #11  
iPwnN00bz4F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
I've read that several coilovers have the camber plates but that may be more of a generic description of the model line. The camber for the G is set by the upper A-arm ball joint offset, the coilover just mounts from the lower fixed mount to the upper strut mounting plate which wouldn't have any bearing on the camber angle.
So you're saying even though the descriptions says a camber kit might not be needed, it will be just as needed with the ksport coilover, like all other coilovers?
iPwnN00bz4F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #12  
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

good info in here thanks for putting this together.

I am currently rolling on some BC coils on my 08 G35X sedan been on it since Oct 2010 and it does make some noises depending on the temperature. i see that the K sport ones dont include the spring that does in the spring bucket how does that work? is it because it is a true style coilover? they look real nice and maybe thinking about switching coils even tho its not needed lol
ChinkyChoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #13  
CRV_33

AMR Engineering is another option. I personally I havent had any experience with them but I know you can specifiy the spring rate. Its all made to order and it comes with a lifetime warranty.

http://www.amrengineering.com/
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #14  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwnN00bz4F1 View Post
So you're saying even though the descriptions says a camber kit might not be needed, it will be just as needed with the ksport coilover, like all other coilovers?
If you don't lower the car much you may get by w/out the camber kits but a typical 1.25" or greater drop and you should invest in them. Those camber plates they talk about aren't applicable to our front suspension setup, just a generic description of their coilover line.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #15  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy View Post
good info in here thanks for putting this together.

I am currently rolling on some BC coils on my 08 G35X sedan been on it since Oct 2010 and it does make some noises depending on the temperature. i see that the K sport ones dont include the spring that does in the spring bucket how does that work? is it because it is a true style coilover? they look real nice and maybe thinking about switching coils even tho its not needed lol
I believe the KSports are available in either the true coil or OEM separate spring setup, so AFAIK you can have it either way. If anyone that has dealt specifically w/ KSport and can confirm this that would be
Looking at the site further it appears there's only one configuration available, unfortunately all the pics on the site are generic pics of the coil line, not specific pics for just the X application, but it appears all their coilovers in that line are "true" coilovers. I looked all over the web for pics of this part # CIN021-KP
but only came up w/ the generic pics

Last edited by blnewt; 03-07-2014 at 09:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
jroyalty7 (03-04-2015)