G37X coilover options - Page 4 - MyG37

G37X coilover options

Old 07-16-2015, 01:55 AM   #46  
G37xsfun

The K Sports with the 16k front springs seem crazy. Everything else has a 10/11k front spring. I'm on 10/8k swift springs only and the ride is near stock, I only wish it was a little lower after seeing all the 2"+ dropped cars on here. I might get coilovers next year depending on all the feedback I read between now and then..

G37xsfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #47  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Thanked 4,599 Times in 3,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G37xsfun View Post
The K Sports with the 16k front springs seem crazy. Everything else has a 10/11k front spring. I'm on 10/8k swift springs only and the ride is near stock, I only wish it was a little lower after seeing all the 2"+ dropped cars on here. I might get coilovers next year depending on all the feedback I read between now and then..
Good find! I never checked the KSport spring data on their page. 16k does seem extra firm, only a couple reviews I've found for the X and neither stated the front was "static-stiff" so
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #48  
Motoboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by My G is a 37 View Post
I'm planning 1.75" drop in the front, 2" drop in the rear, and getting the rear camber kit. I've just been going back and forth on BCs with there known issues but reliability or the KSports with lesser known problems but also lesser known reliability. Any guidance is appreciated
Fortune Auto 500's. I love mine. Adjustable height and dampening, no noise. They ride way better than swift springs on the stock dampers. You can pick your spring rates too if you upgrade to the swift springs
Motoboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #49  
i heart ricers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
Good find! I never checked the KSport spring data on their page. 16k does seem extra firm, only a couple reviews I've found for the X and neither stated the front was "static-stiff" so
i thought the ksport 1s were the best ones to go with for the x ? (reading different threads on here)
i heart ricers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #50  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by i heart ricers View Post
i thought the ksport 1s were the best ones to go with for the x ? (reading different threads on here)
They're the only "true" coilover setup for the rear, and that seems to be the place where noise issues have occurred so that may be an advantage w/ the Ksports.

Fortunes do seem to get an overall favorable review, a few noise related issues but the ones that don't have noises seem to love them
Old 07-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #51  
dbeachy1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by connoisseurr View Post
If you want OEM feel + coilovers, you're not going to get it. The best you'll get is Fortune 500 coilovers valved for street/daily use + swift springs 10k front and 8k rear. 7" spring upfront and 8" rear. Compatible on all G AWD models.
I'm looking for about a 1-1/4" front drop and a 1" rear drop for my G37x coupe (need to clear the parking garage ramp at work). In addition to the drop, the most important things I'm looking for are:

1) No clunking noise!
2) Ride quality as close to OEM as possible.

Does anyone have a part number for the Fortune 500 coilovers for the X? From looking at the Fortune 500 page I didn't see the G listed.

I'm also considering the Ksport coilovers. From what I've been reading these are considered the quietest, correct?

One more question: does Tein offer a coilover kit for the G37x coupe? I'm interested in their Sustec Pro but it looks like it only fits non-AWD G37s.
dbeachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:31 PM   #52  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeachy1 View Post
I'm looking for about a 1-1/4" front drop and a 1" rear drop for my G37x coupe (need to clear the parking garage ramp at work). In addition to the drop, the most important things I'm looking for are:

1) No clunking noise!
2) Ride quality as close to OEM as possible.

Does anyone have a part number for the Fortune 500 coilovers for the X? From looking at the Fortune 500 page I didn't see the G listed.

I'm also considering the Ksport coilovers. From what I've been reading these are considered the quietest, correct?

One more question: does Tein offer a coilover kit for the G37x coupe? I'm interested in their Sustec Pro but it looks like it only fits non-AWD G37s.
Tein doesn't have AWD coilovers at this time, AFAIK only the coilovers listed on page one are currently available for you X guys. As far as K Sports being the quietest, unfortunately we've got such a small review sample that would be inconclusive It seems a few Fortunes have had noises and many have not, so there's that. I'd contact Luke at TH Motorsports regarding the Fortunes, he's able to get custom Swift springs at various spring rates if you have a specific rates you want.
Here's the initial TH thread w/ contact info
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...group-buy.html
The Following User Says Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
dbeachy1 (07-25-2015)
Old 08-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #53  
Awgd8

I need help which one is the most bang for the buck. I am leasing a 2015 Q40 sedan AWD for 39 months. I was originally wanted to buy the car , but dealer were lowballing my trade in (2008 EX35) So I decided to lease a new G37, but planning on buying it afterwards. (Had a great deal on price) I am more into performance mods than looks.

Money is tight since I just spent a grand on Xpel film protection (full front hood and bumper etc) , an ECuteK kit with E-tune by Visconti, new Conti extreme contact tires and a pair of Afe Pro dry air filter element.

Originally, I was not thinking of lowering the car, but the more I see how the car stance looks like, the more I hated it! LOL! I really want to stay with my 17" gunmetal rims which weighs at 17.5 Ibs each and the 235/55/17 tires. (Tires weigh 23.5 Ibs)

This is just a DD car and will not track it. My biggest concern for dropping the car ride height is I live in Wisconsin. I am worried about snow. (I have another car to use if it is 5+ inches of snow)
I was looking at the prices between lowering spring with front/rear camber kits vs a full set of coilover and I am leaning more on the lowering spring if I can get away with just a rear camber kit and no front camber kit. This is due to my limited budget. I did look around and the labor cost for both coilover or lowering spring with camber kit is $400-450 here, darn expensive. I do not know the statistics of people here with lowering spring that only has rear camber kit and have their alignment on par with the OEM specs.

Should I go for ?

1) Swift lowering spring, SPC rear camber kit , alignment and labor installation.
2) Same as above with addition of front camber kit.
3) Ksports coilover, alignment, labor cost.

I am looking to drop the car with at least 1.25" front and 1" rear wheel well gap, not too low since I am keeping the stock strut and shocks. The wheel/tire combo is 235/55/17 and rims specs is 17x7 offset - 43 (OEM is offset of -45 and tire of 225/55/17)

Here is my ride , due to 17" wheel/tire combo, the wheel gap is the only eye sore! (BTW, window tint is 30% all around)

I edited the pic to see the wheel well gap better. Outch!

Last edited by Awgd8; 08-01-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Awgd8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #54  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Looks to be a solid plan, you might consider the Tanabe springs w/ rear spacer "fix". This will give you a mild drop and maybe not need camber help, this would be a big "maybe". Check through this build thread, it's a biggie but it's a worthwhile read or just jump to pics of the springs and shots of the before & after drop, he's on 18s so you should get an idea if that drop would suffice.
If you can DIY the install it would cost about $200 + alignment.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...d-journey.html
And here's a thread about that "fix" for the rear springs
My 09 G37xS (AWD) Lowered on Tanabe - Droopy Bum fix too!(PICS) - G35Driver
Old 08-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #55  
Awgd8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
Looks to be a solid plan, you might consider the Tanabe springs w/ rear spacer "fix". This will give you a mild drop and maybe not need camber help, this would be a big "maybe". Check through this build thread, it's a biggie but it's a worthwhile read or just jump to pics of the springs and shots of the before & after drop, he's on 18s so you should get an idea if that drop would suffice.
If you can DIY the install it would cost about $200 + alignment.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...d-journey.html
And here's a thread about that "fix" for the rear springs
My 09 G37xS (AWD) Lowered on Tanabe - Droopy Bum fix too!(PICS) - G35Driver

Very much appreciated your input. I will check these links and we'll see.
Thanks man!
Awgd8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:53 PM   #56  
My G is a 37

KSports

I've had the KSport coils on my 2011 g37xS coupe for about 300 miles without any of the issues that are prevalent with the BC coils. No strange noises. Granted additional nuts need due to the welded on bolts/nuts mentioned in other forums. As so I would recommend this setup for the X. Serious drops need a Camber kit. I have less than a finger gap in front and a
Finger gap in rear, not worries about unusual tire wear.
My G is a 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:48 PM   #57  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by My G is a 37 View Post
I've had the KSport coils on my 2011 g37xS coupe for about 300 miles without any of the issues that are prevalent with the BC coils. No strange noises. Granted additional nuts need due to the welded on bolts/nuts mentioned in other forums. As so I would recommend this setup for the X. Serious drops need a Camber kit. I have less than a finger gap in front and a
Finger gap in rear, not worries about unusual tire wear.
Nice to hear (or not hear, lol) that you've had a good install and are happy w/ the product. Once you get a few thousand miles on them it would be a real help if you could post a review (in the link at the bottom of my replies).
Thanks!
Old 08-28-2015, 11:52 PM   #58  
VQHAY

Stance SS just released coiloverd for our G37x coupes now
VQHAY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VQHAY For This Useful Post:
blnewt (08-29-2015)
Old 08-29-2015, 03:04 AM   #59  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQHAY View Post
Stance SS just released coiloverd for our G37x coupes now
Awesome news, do you have a part #?
Old 09-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #60  
jfisher

Is anyone here running coilovers with the stock front upper control arms? How low were you able to go?
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote