G37X coilover options - Page 3 - MyG37

Notices

G37X coilover options

Old 02-22-2015, 11:05 AM
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Thanked 4,645 Times in 3,951 Posts
Originally Posted by G37xhibeet View Post
Can we revive this thread. I'm looking to drop as soon as winter is over and I'd like to not spend much money. I was actually considering the Eibach Pro Kit but reportedly the ride is too harsh???. So right now I'm considering KSport or Megan as the Fortune options is just too expensive.
I have the RWD Megan LP coils and have about 30k miles on them, still perform well and only a slight creaking when I go up or down a steep incline at severe angles. I haven't done any greasing of my A arm mounts so that may be a factor. I was on B&G lowering springs prior and the Megan coils were a huge upgrade in ride quality. For the price I think they're a good choice although they do drop pretty low in back at their highest setting. I'm at zero gap and only have about 3/8" that I could go up and still leave enough mount to be safe. That may not be the case w/ the AWD sets, might want to contact Megan and see if they use the same rear springs w/ the RWD and AWD sets if you're not wanting a drop that low.
The Following User Says Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
MetalMan (03-03-2015)
Old 02-23-2015, 06:01 PM
simpson_G37X

Are any of these coilovers compatable with the awd coupe or are they just for sedans? I've been on eibachs for 4 years, I think it's finally time to get coilovers lol.

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2015, 06:32 PM
G37xhibeet

Yes I believe they are coupe compatible. At least the Fortune, BC Racing, Megan and KSport are supposed to be.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:08 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

So I guess stuff like KW and Stance aren't compatible? I need to do some more reading up on everything, but IF I did lower with coils, I would want the absolute best and closest "feel" to OEM possible...which I know still is going to be a bit rough. I thought I heard that some are a rougher ride than others though.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:21 PM
MetalMan

I'm in the same boat as you, no mods yet but looking to lower a bit and go with some 19" quality wheels. I'm interested in obtaining info on coil over options for the x and any actual experiences with them.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:37 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

If you want OEM feel + coilovers, you're not going to get it. The best you'll get is Fortune 500 coilovers valved for street/daily use + swift springs 10k front and 8k rear. 7" spring upfront and 8" rear. Compatible on all G AWD models.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to connoisseurr For This Useful Post:
blnewt (03-03-2015), _GH0ST_ (04-18-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

That's the combo coilover I bought and I can't wait to get them installed. Still waiting them to be delivered from THMotorsports along with my Hotchkis sways. The stock ride quality on the X sedan is really good IMO. Getting coilovers installed will probably turn it into just good, which will be awesome if you add the fact that the car will handle like a sports sedan opposed to a grocery getter.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:35 PM
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Originally Posted by Upscale Speed View Post
That's the combo coilover I bought and I can't wait to get them installed. Still waiting them to be delivered from THMotorsports along with my Hotchkis sways. The stock ride quality on the X sedan is really good IMO. Getting coilovers installed will probably turn it into just good, which will be awesome if you add the fact that the car will handle like a sports sedan opposed to a grocery getter.
Look forward to your impressions, along w/ your new brake install. You're going to be quite busy
Old 03-26-2015, 01:28 AM
weedymane

I have UAS bag over OE strut. I am able to get a set of coil-over and replace their springs with UAS right? for the rear
Old 06-22-2015, 12:39 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Just thought I would let everyone know that JIC Magic made a X coilover, got the email from them last month
The Following User Says Thank You to TeRRoRiFiC35 For This Useful Post:
blnewt (06-22-2015)
Old 06-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Motoboat

Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35 View Post
Just thought I would let everyone know that JIC Magic made a X coilover, got the email from them last month
Details on this? This is the first I have heard. I inquired about them a while back and got a really weird response, seemed like it might be a scam. Although I might have not been a legit source, I cant even remember what website or email it was. I'll take a look and see if I can find it.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:53 PM
PacoL250

Originally Posted by m0nster View Post
Well here's my review of the K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers;

Part Number: CIN021-KP
Spring rates: 16k front, 8.7k rear

[Pictures redacted to shorten quote & post]

Here they are in the box, love at first sight

Opened up and on the floor

I installed them in about 8 hours taking my time. It was my first time installing coils on a car I really cared about so it was a little bit nerve racking.
Installation of the fronts went perfectly fine. Everything lined up properly and I had no trouble adjusting them.

The rears on the other hand were missing a nut. The nut that secures the rear shock to the lower shock mount is welded on to the OEM shock. To my disappointment, the K-Sport kit did not supply this nut. Thankfully I had access to another car and there is a brafasco close by. I had to buy two nuts ( 12X1.25 ) and use them for installation. Mind you, they only cost about $2 but I was just a little upset they didn't come with my $1200(CAD) coilover kit. I never contacted K-Sport about this issue but I will be sure to do so.
After installation was complete and I adjusted the height and dampening to where I wanted, I must say I couldn't be happier. I set the front and rear 26" from fender to floor and dampening around -14 from hardest in front and rear.
I had a couple people in the car and they had no complaints whatsoever.
There are absolutely NO NOISES coming from anywhere. The ride is amazing. There's lots of room for adjustment (around 2" down and 2"+ up).

All in all, I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone who is looking to drop their X. It's amazingly quiet, comfortable and easy to use.

I've only driven about 5-600km on them so far, but if they keep going the way they are, you won't be hearing any complaints from me

Edit - Sorry for the iPhone4 pics lol
So besides the extra nut you had to go get, were there any additional parts you had to get or were there any OEM pieces you had to remove?

Nice install! I may not go that low, but it looks good!
Old 07-15-2015, 11:04 PM
My G is a 37

So I'm looking to fill my wheel gap on my 2011xs coupe, which has the 19in wheels, BCs or KSports? Can I get away with just a rear camber kit for the rest of the summer?
Old 07-15-2015, 11:32 PM
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Originally Posted by My G is a 37 View Post
So I'm looking to fill my wheel gap on my 2011xs coupe, which has the 19in wheels, BCs or KSports? Can I get away with just a rear camber kit for the rest of the summer?
Depends how low you drop, if you stay mild (under 1.25") you should be able to get the alignment close enough to spec to have reasonable tire wear. Over that I would invest in at least the rear camber/toe set.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:13 AM
My G is a 37

I'm planning 1.75" drop in the front, 2" drop in the rear, and getting the rear camber kit. I've just been going back and forth on BCs with there known issues but reliability or the KSports with lesser known problems but also lesser known reliability. Any guidance is appreciated

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: G37X coilover options

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.