G37X coilover options - Page 2 - MyG37

G37X coilover options

Old 03-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #16  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV_33 View Post
AMR Engineering is another option. I personally I havent had any experience with them but I know you can specifiy the spring rate. Its all made to order and it comes with a lifetime warranty.
AMR Engineering | Providing you peace of mind.
They're an option but the reason they're not listed is because they've started out here w/ extremely disappointing customer service, check this thread for a taste of what's been going on
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...rs-review.html
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
CRV_33 (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #17  
CRV_33

Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
They're an option but the reason they're not listed is because they've started out here w/ extremely disappointing customer service, check this thread for a taste of what's been going on
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...rs-review.html
Wow thanks for bringing the thread listed above to my attention.

Again thank you for making this coilover thread dedicated to the X drivetrain owners.
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #18  
iPwnN00bz4F1

Quote:
If you don't lower the car much you may get by w/out the camber kits but a typical 1.25" or greater drop and you should invest in them. Those camber plates they talk about aren't applicable to our front suspension setup, just a generic description of their coilover line.
Well that WAS a big selling point haha. But I'm still planning on getting them. I'll just play it safe with the dropping at first. I hear it's mainly the rear that requires a camber kit, does that mean I could have a more aggressive drop in the front without worries? like 1.6"

I believe the eibach springs lower the fronts by 1.9".

I feel like I just asked what you said, I guess I just wanted to confirm if that 1.25" was all around. Thanks!

Last edited by iPwnN00bz4F1; 03-07-2014 at 05:41 PM.
iPwnN00bz4F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #19  
tbulsara

i am running the D2 racing coil overs..
right now the top of my wheel well is 26" from the ground.

i like the D2 because you get the dampening settings as well.
i had to run a camber kit as well.

ride is a little rough but then again im running a 10.5 wheel all around with 275/30/20 tires.
Attached Thumbnails
G37X coilover options-tbp_4271-1-.jpg   G37X coilover options-d2-racing.jpg  
tbulsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #20  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwnN00bz4F1 View Post
Well that WAS a big selling point haha. But I'm still planning on getting them. I'll just play it safe with the dropping at first. I hear it's mainly the rear that requires a camber kit, does that mean I could have a more aggressive drop in the front without worries? like 1.6"

I believe the eibach springs lower the fronts by 1.9".

I feel like I just asked what you said, I guess I just wanted to confirm if that 1.25" was all around. Thanks!
Eibachs should only drop around 1.3" but YMMV
With coilovers you could drop it mild, get your alignment and basically just drop it enough to have alignment that you can live with. I still recommend getting the whole F&R kit but that's just my 2 cents. The front toe is adjustable so regardless of your camber you can still get toe in spec, but the front camber isn't adjustable from the factory so w/out the front arms you'll have camber out if you drop more than 1.25" give or take. The rear camber & toe only has minimal factory adjustment so to get the toe in spec you at least need the rear toe bolt kit unless you really keep the drop subtle.
The Following User Says Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
Coltrane1 (04-29-2017)
Old 03-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #21  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbulsara View Post
i am running the D2 racing coil overs..
right now the top of my wheel well is 26" from the ground.

i like the D2 because you get the dampening settings as well.
i had to run a camber kit as well.

ride is a little rough but then again im running a 10.5 wheel all around with 275/30/20 tires.
Your G is looking nice w/ those wheels and the drop. You really should add a detailed review of those coils since we're trying to get a good database for other X owners. Possibly some pics of the coils and ease of adjustment, any noise issues and what height range the coils have (if you can give a rough estimate) All this kind of info will really help this thread to become a valuable resource. Appreciate any help you can provide, and again, nice G you're putting together
Brad
Old 03-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #22  
tbulsara

Unfortunately, i dont have any pictures of the coil overs, installed them the same day they came is as i was excited to get them in.

as far the the Height, i can still go about 2-3 inches lower, so the height range on the D2 are great, but you also have to keep in mind, that you dont want to go too low, as you will strain the front drive arms ( they will be at a weird angle causing vibrations)

The D2 is fairly easy to adjust the height even after installation.

One thing to keep in mind, is that if you want to adjust the dampening, the front can be done after installation, but the rear you have to do before installation, as the trunk area is all sealed for better noise dampening.

HMU if you guys have any questions.
tbulsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:25 PM   #23  
m0nster

K-Sport Review

Well here's my review of the K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers;

Part Number: CIN021-KP
Spring rates: 16k front, 8.7k rear

Here they are in the box, love at first sight

Name:  image21_zps276e52fe.jpeg
Views: 2223
Size:  76.5 KB

Opened up and on the floor

Name:  image22_zps0ebe36cb.jpeg
Views: 2240
Size:  100.5 KB
Name:  image26_zps9955ea4f.jpeg
Views: 2223
Size:  120.5 KB
Name:  image25_zpse54b7cfb.jpeg
Views: 2217
Size:  106.7 KB

I installed them in about 8 hours taking my time. It was my first time installing coils on a car I really cared about so it was a little bit nerve racking.
Installation of the fronts went perfectly fine. Everything lined up properly and I had no trouble adjusting them.
The rears on the other hand were missing a nut. The nut that secures the rear shock to the lower shock mount is welded on to the OEM shock. To my disappointment, the K-Sport kit did not supply this nut. Thankfully I had access to another car and there is a brafasco close by. I had to buy two nuts ( 12X1.25 ) and use them for installation. Mind you, they only cost about $2 but I was just a little upset they didn't come with my $1200(CAD) coilover kit. I never contacted K-Sport about this issue but I will be sure to do so.
After installation was complete and I adjusted the height and dampening to where I wanted, I must say I couldn't be happier. I set the front and rear 26" from fender to floor and dampening around -14 from hardest in front and rear.
I had a couple people in the car and they had no complaints whatsoever.
There are absolutely NO NOISES coming from anywhere. The ride is amazing. There's lots of room for adjustment (around 2" down and 2"+ up).

Name:  image23_zps92364a60.jpeg
Views: 2346
Size:  80.3 KB

All in all, I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone who is looking to drop their X. It's amazingly quiet, comfortable and easy to use.

I've only driven about 5-600km on them so far, but if they keep going the way they are, you won't be hearing any complaints from me

Edit - Sorry for the iPhone4 pics lol
m0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m0nster For This Useful Post:
lorentzoe45 (07-02-2017), yonith (09-25-2016), _GH0ST_ (01-18-2015)
Old 04-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #24  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Don't know how I missed this review. Thanks a bunch for posting the good pics and info. Please post updates if you have any issues (or just want to back up your praises) and any more pics. Nice to have some info coming in for the X guys wanting more choices.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #25  
MylilG

Very nice. I think I might have to rethink my options. So confusing on what to go with. Would like to get more feedback on the Fortune 500's. K-Sports do look nice though.

Last edited by MylilG; 05-23-2014 at 11:47 AM.
MylilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #26  
fengyink

Nice sticky post.

Tanabe has their sustec TSC130 with all other model noted as 2WD except 09+ G37 Sedan (no note, suspect 08 G35 sedan also belong to this category with same platform). I suspect they forgot to add the note. Sent an email and waiting for reply. Will update once received a reply. Do not think will get any until next week.

If any fellow received negative / positive already, please post back. Thank you.

Quote:
If you guys know of any additional coilover systems for the AWD X models please post them here w/ part #s. Do not post pricing from a vendor though. A price range is OK but not specific vendor pricing. Thanks!
Here's the latest review of the newest coilovers from Fortune 500, they look promising!
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...er-review.html

Here's one I just found out about today so have no idea on the quality or overall value, any feedback is appreciated on any of these coil setups

FWIW All of these coilover sets are in the under $1000 range

Ksport Adjustable Coilover Systems, Camber Kits and Suspension Products | Ksport Store

Another one that's been added
D2 Coilovers
D-IN-10 RS Coilovers
RS Series - D2 Racing - High Performance Suspension & Brakes

And the older standbys~
Megan Racing Street LP series~
Megan Racing
BC Racing Part#V-08
http://www.bcracing-na.com/2013BCRac...cationList.pdf
fengyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:18 PM   #27  
_GH0ST_

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nster View Post
Well here's my review of the K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers;

Part Number: CIN021-KP
Spring rates: 16k front, 8.7k rear

Here they are in the box, love at first sight

Opened up and on the floor

I know this is a old post, but did you ever manage to take photos of how the rear is set up, being that we have separate springs from the shock?...
Thanks
_GH0ST_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:35 PM   #28  
m0nster

Sorry i dont have any pics of how its set up. Its basically just the coilover mounted where the oem strut goes and no spring in the bucket. I haven't had any issues with them at all and the roads around me are HORRIBLE. I have them set at max stiff on the dampening and they still don't ride that bad.

I can't comment on how the coilover style affects handling since i'm not really setup for track or anything. If you're looking for a decently priced coilover that rides comfortable, these are the ones for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _GH0ST_ View Post
I know this is a old post, but did you ever manage to take photos of how the rear is set up, being that we have separate springs from the shock?...
Thanks
m0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #29  
ai3j50

Do any of the coilover options for the X offer a setting that is near stock ride height? I have an X coupe on Eibachs and I would consider coils if I could raise the ride up higher during the winter.
ai3j50 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ai3j50 For This Useful Post:
Mindows7 (02-10-2015)
Old 02-22-2015, 10:06 AM   #30  
G37xhibeet

Can we revive this thread. I'm looking to drop as soon as winter is over and I'd like to not spend much money. I was actually considering the Eibach Pro Kit but reportedly the ride is too harsh???. So right now I'm considering KSport or Megan as the Fortune options is just too expensive.
G37xhibeet is offline   Reply With Quote