Brake backing plate noise?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:03 PM
maGorheadrush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake backing plate noise?

I've been hearing this noise when I'm going across brick pavement while braking, kind of like a metal rattling noise in the front left wheel well area. I've takin it to the dealership twice now, the first time they looked at it and thought it might've been the heat shield. The second time the car had to be towed because apparently a rock got up underneath of the brake backing plate and fell down and was causing terrible noise (screaching).

Now the noise is back just the rattling.. It only happens over uneven pavement while braking and only every once in a while. Has anyone experienced this issue? Does it make sense that something is going on with the brake backing plate?
Old 12-11-2013, 04:40 PM
rmfnla

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by maGorheadrush
I've been hearing this noise when I'm going across brick pavement while braking, kind of like a metal rattling noise in the front left wheel well area. I've takin it to the dealership twice now, the first time they looked at it and thought it might've been the heat shield. The second time the car had to be towed because apparently a rock got up underneath of the brake backing plate and fell down and was causing terrible noise (screaching).

Now the noise is back just the rattling.. It only happens over uneven pavement while braking and only every once in a while. Has anyone experienced this issue? Does it make sense that something is going on with the brake backing plate?
Could be.

It's a simple fix, however; just jack up the car, take off the wheel, and start wiggling stuff.

Tighten up whatever is loose...
Old 12-13-2013, 04:06 AM
paperboy42190

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Could be a lot of things