MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension-405/)
-   -   Dropped on Swift's Sport Springs (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension/244673-dropped-on-swifts-sport-springs.html)

dragion 02-26-2013 06:26 PM

Dropped on Swift's Sport Springs

10 Attachment(s)
Finally decided to lower my G37xS with Swift springs.
Hasn't had time to really settle yet, but experiencing improvement in response & handling...less body roll and more stable feeling.
Steering is tighter which feels like more tire contact...seems more planted.
Ride comfort has lessen, due to driving over uneven road surface...feel more impact when going over dips & potholes.

Overall, my opinion regarding the Swift's are positive! :biggthumpup:

Stock:
Attachment 156729

Lowered with Swifts:
Attachment 156730

Stock Front:
Attachment 156731

Swift Front:
Attachment 156732

Stock Rear:
Attachment 156733

Swift Rear:
Attachment 156734

Pictures of the Swift's installed:
Rear Passenger's Side
Attachment 156735

Rear Driver's Side
Attachment 156736

Front Passenger's Side
Attachment 156737

Front Driver's Side
Attachment 156738

Installed was done by John @ Royal Wheels & Tire in Arlington, MA.
Took about 2.5hrs for install.

Any comments are welcome! :)

Rochester 02-26-2013 07:07 PM

Hard to tell from the full-car pictures, but if you take them and apply a generous amount of gamma correction, the drop can be assessed much better. And you know what? I like it. The rear looks a little better, but the front is a noticeable improvement. Good job taking these photos from the same location and perspective.

Truth be told, I'm none too keen about dropping rides, but these Swift Springs sure do seem like the right choice of late on the Forum. I'd like to hear more about the changes in the ride and the suspension. Is your only other suspension mod that GT-Spec FSTB? Are you driving that AWD G on summer-only tread, or all-seasons?

Now that it's lowered a little, are you considering spacers? 10mm, maybe?

Oh, and I love your 4DSC decal. :biggthumpup:

Boywdr 02-26-2013 08:29 PM

Told you!! i love mine i really just feel like mine is broken in right these past few weeks and i have had them on my car for a few months now but i am not driving that much just work to home and back again. i think this is the best come up ever, once my rims go on this spring we all can meet up in the bean for a photo and video shoot.

JohnsVert 02-26-2013 08:47 PM

Drop looks awesome :biggthumpup:

Everyone here seems to love their swift springs , the ride quality seems to be real good.

ram18962 02-26-2013 09:13 PM

I have the same exact setup and got them installed two weeks ago! I noticed that the wheels were a little tucked in just like how yours looks like. Any idea on measurement of spacers?

TVPostSound 02-26-2013 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by dragion (Post 3593562)
Ride comfort has lessen, due to driving over uneven road surface...feel more impact when going over dips & potholes.

Any comments are welcome! :)

That would be due to the stock dampers, I run Swifts on Konis, and the ride is amazing.

Had the stock dampers on eibachs, and the ride was harsh, added Konis, and the ride got better. Added Swifts to the Konis, and Im in heaven.

blnewt 02-26-2013 09:33 PM

Dragion, drop looks great and sounds like you're happy w/ the overall drive. Should be a pretty friendly drop for a daily driver, glad you decided on these over the mixed spring setup. Another plus is if anything is amiss you only have Swift to deal with.

Rochester, you do realize how much that $5 4DSC sticker ends up costing right?? I bought wheels, tires, coilovers, and soon your S sways just so my G could live up to the 4DSC, now you got Dragion plunking down 5 large, and that's probably just the beginning. For those considering adding that sticker to your mod list, be forewarned, better have a nice credit line :)

Rochester 02-26-2013 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by blnewt (Post 3593657)
Rochester, you do realize how much that $5 4DSC sticker ends up costing right?? I bought wheels, tires, coilovers, and soon your S sways just so my G could live up to the 4DSC, now you got Dragion plunking down 5 large, and that's probably just the beginning. For those considering adding that sticker to your mod list, be forewarned, better have a nice credit line :)

Well, if you're going to talk the talk... :1poke:

Pretty sure I'd go coilovers before aftermarket springs and struts, having learned my lesson with the last car. But I can't deny that these Swift Springs sure are being well received here on the Forum, and I'm interested in knowing more... mostly from a handling POV vs. whatever priority is placed on observing ride height. So I'm hoping to hear more about that from the OP over the next few weeks.

dragion 02-26-2013 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3593579)
Hard to tell from the full-car pictures, but if you take them and apply a generous amount of gamma correction, the drop can be assessed much better. And you know what? I like it. The rear looks a little better, but the front is a noticeable improvement. Good job taking these photos from the same location and perspective.

Truth be told, I'm none too keen about dropping rides, but these Swift Springs sure do seem like the right choice of late on the Forum. I'd like to hear more about the changes in the ride and the suspension. Is your only other suspension mod that GT-Spec FSTB? Are you driving that AWD G on summer-only tread, or all-seasons?

Now that it's lowered a little, are you considering spacers? 10mm, maybe?

Oh, and I love your 4DSC decal. :biggthumpup:

Since my driving experience with this set up is quite limited...just the short 10 miles drive home, I can't really give a 100% correct feedback.
It will take at least a couple of weeks of driving to determine the changes.

I have also upgraded to the G37S rear sway bar plus the GT-SPEC FSTB.
The tires are the stock Dunlop Sport Maxx (All-Seasons)...minimum requirement here in New England at this time of year! :D

I'm considering on purchasing either H&R DRM 20mm Spacers or B2Designs Hub-Centric 20mm Spacers.
H&R from Heinrich @ Genome Tuning for $165 (4 spacers) shipped...still confirming price since I think it was a typo.
B2Designs from Charles @ B2AutoDesigns for $220 (4 spacers) shipped.

Love sporting the 4DSC! :icon38:

Originally Posted by Boywdr (Post 3593636)
Told you!! i love mine i really just feel like mine is broken in right these past few weeks and i have had them on my car for a few months now but i am not driving that much just work to home and back again. i think this is the best come up ever, once my rims go on this spring we all can meet up in the bean for a photo and video shoot.

Always wanted my G37xS lowered, but "required" wife's approval, since she was 100% against it...put my foot down and asked nicely! :bowrofl:

Was your ride much harsher than stock in the beginning?

I know due to the 18" Sport wheels, it definitely is more of a sportier ride than my friends stock G37x even with the OEM suspension. This is even more so with the Swifts.

When the weather gets nicer and all this "snow" is gone, we should meet up.

Originally Posted by blnewt (Post 3593657)
Dragion, drop looks great and sounds like you're happy w/ the overall drive. Should be a pretty friendly drop for a daily driver, glad you decided on these over the mixed spring setup. Another plus is if anything is amiss you only have Swift to deal with.

Glad I made a wise decision and went with the Swifts.
This was due to all the helpful information that you and the rest of the members here who shared their insight.

I will share my thoughts once the Swifts are "broken" in.
Thanks again for all your great responses. :)

Yan141 02-27-2013 12:25 AM

Looks good, I'm considering swift also

mathnerd88 02-27-2013 01:43 AM

^ Do you need a camber kit? Have you checked your alignment? I'm thinking of doing this too. Also, how much did you pay for the springs?

tingmothy 02-27-2013 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 3593655)
That would be due to the stock dampers, I run Swifts on Konis, and the ride is amazing.

Had the stock dampers on eibachs, and the ride was harsh, added Konis, and the ride got better. Added Swifts to the Konis, and Im in heaven.

Which koni do you have? There's a few that they have. thanks!

dragion 02-27-2013 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by mathnerd88 (Post 3593745)
^ Do you need a camber kit? Have you checked your alignment? I'm thinking of doing this too. Also, how much did you pay for the springs?

Just installed, so haven't got the chance to check camber...hope not required, that is one of the main reasons why I decided on going with Swifts.
Alignment hasn't been done...will wait a few days.

Purchased from Jomer @ FBPARTS (myG37 Sponsor) for $299 shipped.

Worth it just for the look alone! :JAMIN:

dragion 02-27-2013 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 3593655)

Does Koni make them for the AWD Sedan?

Bota36 02-27-2013 03:18 AM

dragion, looks great. More importantly its good to hear you like the ride. Swift has really dialed in the balance between comfort and performance. So far, I've had mine for a few months and I'm still loving them. Hope you continue liking them too.