X sedan Swift Springs review

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 12:06 AM
mikejg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had these springs on my car for several months now, and I can honestly say I've never scraped/bottomed out. My car is a daily driver and the difference in ride comfort is negligible.

There is a thread for these springs and there are numerous pictures of X's with these installed. You can clearly see in this thread that ground clearance, really shouldn't be an issue. I'm sitting at ~27 1/4" on all 4 corners. This is a pretty mild drop as far as drops go.

ETA: B/c I'm feeling nice and I'm bored.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...8-x-sedan.html
Old 08-29-2012, 08:59 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
I'm dropped at around 25 3/4" at the front, about a 2" drop from stock (I think the X is about 1/2" higher stock) so I can attest to the fact that having a drop is a commitment, but the milder Swift drop should be pretty easy to live with on a daily driver. The main thing about having a dropped G is your awareness for the road increases dramatically, at least it has for me. If you're dropped & are on 20s you have a whole new respect for potholes, road debris, speed bumps, and rough roads. It's a compromise I'm happy to live with since I much prefer the lowered look and I'm not in the snow belt. This is a choice that requires more thought than most mods since it can have a dramatic effect on how you drive and in some cases if you can even get your car on the road in the winter. IMO a mild drop like a Swift or Eibach shouldn't cause too much drama for your daily driver, but YMMV
Old 08-29-2012, 10:17 AM
timfactor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From what I have seen of the swift drops on awd it is very mild. Almost doesn't look dropped at all. I'd like to be at 26 1/4" with springs
Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Well I personally have come this far, so when I get some time... on they go. Thanks for honest feedback everyone!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:52 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Dj1ofDet
Well I personally have come this far, so when I get some time... on they go. Thanks for honest feedback everyone!
Good call, I think you'll be happy w/ the look and the slight compromise in your daily driving habits.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Yesterday, I took the Labor Day to install Swift Springs on my X. Here are a few of my notes on the install and ride quality.

1) The drop is pure sex compared to stock height.

2) As everyone has said in other threads, the front install is a PITA without power tools. I did all the spring compressing/ de-compressing by hand, so it took a while to finish. The rear springs took me all of 20 minutes or so.

3) Ride quality: I can say that the ride quality is pretty good. When I'm not on well-paved roads, I can feel all the bumps. The springs to a good job of keeping the tires on the road, without giving a "jar" when crossing them.

4) All in all, the Swift springs do provide the main two things I was looking for: a small but nice looking drop, and a small but noticable difference between stock and aftermarket ride quality.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 PM
bat6wc

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Dj1ofDet
Yesterday, I took the Labor Day to install Swift Springs on my X. Here are a few of my notes on the install and ride quality.

1) The drop is pure sex compared to stock height.

2) As everyone has said in other threads, the front install is a PITA without power tools. I did all the spring compressing/ de-compressing by hand, so it took a while to finish. The rear springs took me all of 20 minutes or so.

3) Ride quality: I can say that the ride quality is pretty good. When I'm not on well-paved roads, I can feel all the bumps. The springs to a good job of keeping the tires on the road, without giving a "jar" when crossing them.

4) All in all, the Swift springs do provide the main two things I was looking for: a small but nice looking drop, and a small but noticable difference between stock and aftermarket ride quality.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:19 PM
scotty_g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I complained about the swift springs but I forgot to mention a few things. First part is that my engine cover started scraping but that's because it looks like someone didn't completely bolt it back on after an oil change. I just took the dam thing off and will buy a new one. The drop is lower in the front then the back. Second thing is I have sway bars and the gtspec susp parts that you bolt one. (including the big 6 pt one) which means stiffer ride. I put the gtspec parts on after the spring install (shortly after) so I don't know how big of a difference the ride is. I feel like the 6pt diff made things stiffer but it rocks so gotta leave it I guess what I am trying to say is I don't have a review of just lowered on springs w/o any mods.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Paneraiguy

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I put the springs on my X sedan a couple weeks ago and I am pretty happy. I can drive over speed bumps with no problems. The drop looks nice and it matches up with my expectations. I didn't want the slammed look for usability reasons. I am in the function over form camp so I just don't understand the hella tucked and slammed movement (how can you even drive your car without eventually destroying the undercarriage and tires?)

The ride is not much different from stock BUT make no mistake, it is not exactly the same. The bumps and holes in the road feed through the chassis a little more harshly. Not in an overly dramatic sort of way but in more of an enhanced and noticeable way. Sharper bumps feed through more than smoother (speed bump) type road obstacles if that makes sense.

Anyway, I am digging the look.
Front drop

Rear drop

Total profile

Last edited by Paneraiguy; 09-26-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 AM
nycty

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ nice wheels! are those 19 or 20s?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:17 AM
Paneraiguy

Originally Posted by nycty
^ nice wheels! are those 19 or 20s?
Thanks.

They are 20 X 9 36 offsets all around , no spacers.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nycty
^ nice wheels!
My sentiments exactly! As much as I'm trying not to buy new wheels, fighting off the "aftermarket wheel bug" is tough!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:22 PM
LexiG37

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^^ Sexy car!! What fog lights are those? I want them badly!!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Atlbrav1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great overall look. Nice ride !

Total profile
[/QUOTE]
Old 09-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Paneraiguy

Originally Posted by LexiG37
^^ Sexy car!! What fog lights are those? I want them badly!!
They are DRL's from a Korean company. The lower valances had to be cut out and the new DRL housings had to be epoxied in. They were professionally installed.

I added a color shot below to show how they look from the front.

Quick Reply: X sedan Swift Springs review