MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension-306/)
-   -   Kw Eye Candy. Complete Build Journal coming soon (https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-suspension/235805-kw-eye-candy-complete-build-journal-coming-soon.html)

GTLAW 05-31-2012 04:35 PM

40MM would put my wheels at 5+offset.. lol

Originally Posted by CaptainObvious (Post 3459085)
Would you settle for lowering the cars center of gravity, keeping the car the same width and making the the front and rear tracks 40MM wider than stock?

xeddyboi420x 05-31-2012 05:04 PM

i thought kw's only made variant 3 for g37?

GTLAW 05-31-2012 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by xeddyboi420x (Post 3459154)
i thought kw's only made variant 3 for g37?

You can order 1 to 3 for G37 370z.

Chi-City-G 05-31-2012 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by GTLAW (Post 3459142)
40MM would put my wheels at 5+offset.. lol

^ Haha, he was correcting you... you will widen your track 40mm in total if you have 20mm spacers on each side...

GTLAW 05-31-2012 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G (Post 3459249)
^ Haha, he was correcting you... you will widen your track 40mm in total if you have 20mm spacers on each side...

Haha I just got that :biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

GTLAW 06-04-2012 02:00 PM

Updated!!!

stratos 06-04-2012 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by GTLAW (Post 3461458)
Updated!!!

How far down are you in the height adjustment range?

GTLAW 06-04-2012 02:41 PM

I am not sure, my shop Tech stated I'm about 2.0inch on the front 1.8inch rear I think.

Originally Posted by stratos (Post 3461482)
How far down are you in the height adjustment range?

AceJack 06-20-2012 08:51 AM

Great review. Lots of good info here. I'm getting the kwv1 soon. what else would I need to install these coils? I know the SPC camber kit is a must, but did you need anything else?

GraphiteG37S 06-20-2012 09:23 PM

Great review and I'm glad to see someone buy the V1.. I know everyone on this forum raves about the V3s, however most people will never need to use them to the full potential.

I'm thinking about putting KWs on my 2013 mustang, and tossed up between V1 & V3. I had JIC Magic coils on my G37, they were great but they were super stiff. I'm wondering if I'm wondering how happy I'll be with the 'stiffness' on the V1 as there's no adjustable damping (even though I hardly bothered adjusting it on my JICs) ...

Compared to stock suspension set up, was it a night and day difference in cornering with the KW V1 + Sways? KW seems to have legendary ride quality and comfort, but I'm just hoping they won't be to soft for me. Great review. :)

GTLAW 06-21-2012 09:15 AM

Thank you,

Yes the KW V1 are smoother then my stock, my stock was stiff but bounce.

The KW V1 is stiffer then my stock setup but you would not tell unless you started to drive really hard.. The KW V1 just eats the bumps in the road it's pretty dam awsome:biggthumpup:

My whole car feels so much better, I love how KW setup the shocks and springs, the KW V3 to me would have been over kill for me.

So yes there was a night and day difference!

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S (Post 3473531)
Great review and I'm glad to see someone buy the V1.. I know everyone on this forum raves about the V3s, however most people will never need to use them to the full potential.

I'm thinking about putting KWs on my 2013 mustang, and tossed up between V1 & V3. I had JIC Magic coils on my G37, they were great but they were super stiff. I'm wondering if I'm wondering how happy I'll be with the 'stiffness' on the V1 as there's no adjustable damping (even though I hardly bothered adjusting it on my JICs) ...

Compared to stock suspension set up, was it a night and day difference in cornering with the KW V1 + Sways? KW seems to have legendary ride quality and comfort, but I'm just hoping they won't be to soft for me. Great review. :)

GraphiteG37S 06-21-2012 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by GTLAW (Post 3473776)
Thank you,

Yes the KW V1 are smoother then my stock, my stock was stiff but bounce.

The KW V1 is stiffer then my stock setup but you would not tell unless you started to drive really hard.. The KW V1 just eats the bumps in the road it's pretty dam awsome:biggthumpup:

My whole car feels so much better, I love how KW setup the shocks and springs, the KW V3 to me would have been over kill for me.

So yes there was a night and day difference!

Good to know.. I'm looking for suspension that is going to ride and corner very well, without ruining the ride of the car. My set up on the G was way too stiff for daily driving but awesome for handling curves. I love that feeling, but only when I'm in the canyon and not just driving on the freeway. Of course sways and braces are going to be a must in my 5.0 but I just wanna make sure the v1 are not too soft for my liking because of their lack of damping adjustment. V3 is overkill in my opinion, but if the V1 are too soft than I have no other option.

GTLAW 06-21-2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S (Post 3473986)
Good to know.. I'm looking for suspension that is going to ride and corner very well, without ruining the ride of the car. My set up on the G was way too stiff for daily driving but awesome for handling curves. I love that feeling, but only when I'm in the canyon and not just driving on the freeway. Of course sways and braces are going to be a must in my 5.0 but I just wanna make sure the v1 are not too soft for my liking because of their lack of damping adjustment. V3 is overkill in my opinion, but if the V1 are too soft than I have no other option.

They are not soft at all, they just know how to eat bumps in the road an stay stiff at the same time.

I love how my car drives now.. :JAMIN::JAMIN::JAMIN:

betterdayz 06-21-2012 02:25 PM

This was a very informitive thread ,thanks, I think this has helped me judge what i need now!! Great thread

GraphiteG37S 06-21-2012 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by GTLAW (Post 3473994)
They are not soft at all, they just know how to eat bumps in the road an stay stiff at the same time.

I love how my car drives now.. :JAMIN::JAMIN::JAMIN:

Thanks man. Appreciate the help.

Originally Posted by betterdayz (Post 3474002)
This was a very informitive thread ,thanks, I think this has helped me judge what i need now!! Great thread

I think he helped me make up my mind too.