Failed Akebono Install By Forum Member

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Quimby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Since you're obviously such a stand up honest individual, where's the money you owe me? Forgot about it? I haven't.
This made me LOL.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:08 PM
xSSv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Modme
Interested to hear the exchange between the seller and buyer regarding the fitment. If the seller claimed that it was plug and play, then he has some responsibility in this matter too.
It is not my responsibility to check fitment for his vehicle. I went above and beyond explaining to him the steps he needed to take in order to complete it. Even referring him to SoundMike's blog for help. Anyone who has done the Akebono upgrade on a AWD vehicle knows they fit. 2010/2011/2012 all come with Akebonos. He didnt do his research as to how to install them.

I have a 2012 G37xS and was just about to install them on my new car.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by xSSv
It is not my responsibility to check fitment for his vehicle. I went above and beyond explaining to him the steps he needed to take in order to complete it. Even referring him to SoundMike's blog for help. Anyone who has done the Akebono upgrade on a AWD vehicle knows they fit. 2010/2011/2012 all come with Akebonos. He didnt do his research as to how to install them.

I have a 2012 G37xS and was just about to install them on my new car.

I completely agree that it is not your responsibility to make sure the part fits on his car. If you told him to do his research to make sure it fits, then you have no responsibility and he is at fault for everything.

But if you told him that it fits with no problems and no modifications needed, then it's somewhat misleading.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:25 PM
xSSv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just received an email from the owner of Douglas Infiniti.

Good Morning Rico. First let me apologize for what has transpired. I had absolutely no knowledge of happened between the two of you and I’m shocked! It’s certainly not the type of business we conduct or allow here. Alan had no authorization whatsoever to use my store as his conduit. He’s been told to rectify this immediately, and I would appreciate it, when he tries to contact you, that you take his call. I would also like to see his communication using our letterhead if you would be so kind.

I apologize again and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Most sincerely,

Jonathan Liebman

Last edited by xSSv; 05-21-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:28 PM
jzhu625

Good Morning Rico. First let me apologize for what has transpired. I had absolutely no knowledge of happened between the two of you and I’m shocked! It’s certainly not the type of business we conduct or allow here. Alan had no authorization whatsoever to use my store as his conduit. He’s been told to rectify this immediately, and I would appreciate it, when he tries to contact you, that you take his call. I would also like to see his communication using our letterhead if you would be so kind.

Most sincerely,

Jonathan Liebman

Buyer sent you a message with Douglas Infiniti letterhead?
Old 05-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I just wanted to point out how fast AK47 ran away from this thread after BB posted this. He is clearly trying to avoid this issue.
It's been 3 years since he welshed on payment. I have never mentioned anything about it on the forum until now because I didn't want to blast him publicly because 1) it was only about $50, 2) I am angry with myself for ever believing that someone would actually honor an agreement to make a payment for goods they received just based upon their word on a forum (lesson learned), 3) I never want to be quick to brand someone as a lying sack of crap scumbag unless I'm absolutely, positively sure about it.

I'm getting more and more sure about that judgement by the second as xSSv posts more about his dealings. Almost exactly like mine, down to begging for discounts and crying about not having enough money to purchase until I relented and allowed him to pay most of it and pay me the remaining balance "when he got paid". I even stepped up and paid to overnight ship to him.

Please don't any of you honest folks out there make the mistake of having dealings with him. Although I'm pretty certain that whenever this is settled, that won't be an option on this forum anyway.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Most sincerely,

Jonathan Liebman

Total pwnage!
Old 05-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jzhu625
Buyer sent you a message with Douglas Infiniti letterhead?
He probably submitted evidence/documents to paypal using the Douglas Infiniti letterhead.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Most sincerely,

Jonathan Liebman
Wow. Good for you man! If you haven't already done it, send a link to this thread so he can see what a piece of work he has working for him and representing his dealership in the Infiniti community. Maybe he'll make dude pay me the $50 he owes me since I shipped the parts to the dealership?
Old 05-21-2012, 12:35 PM
jzhu625

He probably submitted evidence/documents to paypal using the Douglas Infiniti letterhead.
If that's the case lawsuit can easily be filed
Rico vs Douglas Infiniti
Old 05-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by jzhu625
If that's the case lawsuit can easily be filed
Rico vs Douglas Infiniti
It seems as if the dealership isn't aware of his shenanigans. Not their fault.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Most sincerely,

Jonathan Liebman

This was worth the trouble right here. Hope you get to keep your money and this a$$hat gets what's coming to him.

Nice job covering your ****!
Old 05-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
I would think it wouldn't matter if they knew about it or not. Ignorance doesn't negate responsibility. ESPECIALLY if it's an employee using official letterhead for shady behavior. I would imagine that they'd settle and fire whoever the employee that put them in that predicament.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:57 PM
mturo

Though the dealership does not know what he was doing, he represents them and is on company time. Him being on company time gives ground to sue the dealership if deemed necessary, I frown upon that, you still have to look out for your best interest.

Last edited by mturo; 05-21-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:59 PM
jzhu625

I think for anyone work for a company and use the company letterhead for any reason, the company will have to take full responsibility for it

Quick Reply: Failed Akebono Install By Forum Member