Failed Akebono Install By Forum Member

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:59 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by san~man
I'd call the dealership and speak to the GM on Monday if I were you.
+1 Getting him fired would be one step you can take to keep him from scamming anyone else.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
+100 on getting him fired. lets all call the dealership and complain about this cheat
Old 05-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Ontario G37S

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
I kinda chuckled when I checked out g35nyc.com. The members there are trolling his FS posts with letting him know his credentials on that site are pretty much toast for selling stuff after the ordeal of the calipers and rotors.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Lucster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sooo.... Time to all call his direct manager and tell him he is doing fraudulent transactions in their place of work? Maybe they'll fire you and send you new breaks so you don't tarnish their reputation lolol.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:15 AM
xSSv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So this dumbass calls me this morning and when I dont answer he then send me this txt... I guess someone is getting a little worried now.

Name:  IMG_8372.png
Views: 99
Size:  180.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1283.png
Views: 96
Size:  188.0 KB
Old 05-21-2012, 10:15 AM
xSSv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think its time that everyone reach out to his boss. I left him a voicemail this morning, if I dont hear back from him soon I will be posting this on their facebook page.

Jon Liebman

jliebman@douglasautonet.com
Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Fentress24

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damn xSSV I am sorry to hear about this. Brakes looked awesome. The MyG37.com scam scumbags have really been coming out lately. Looks like you have done your research. If anything I hope this clown at least loses his job over this. I hope everything works out for you in the end.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:39 AM
YewWanSum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The funny part is that it would have fit if he had shaved his rear bracket..what a moron...thats why I never ever ever ever go to the dealerships unless there is a recall on my vehicle...i stopped leasing cars from them too...i use leasing companies...the price is 10x better than what a dealer could give you.....way too much incompetency!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:40 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
I don't understand, isn't it his responsibility to check if the parts fit his car or not. You sold OEM calipers, whether or not they fit on his car is his homework not yours.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:44 AM
ak47
Banned

wait a min- no defense on my behalf. i had a infiniti tech try to do the installation. it wasn't happening. i needed to purchase different hoses and brackets for the rear. What is up with all you people. holly crap. if you see pics and were the location was were i took pics then yes i did have a tech do the job. i had another car with sport brakes up in the air next to mine and the rears looked way different. also this seller packaged 2 heavy *** rotors in one small box and when i got all 3 packages they all were labeled damaged from usps and the rotors were about to fall out of the box. very poor shipping. i try to be as honest as possible and when someone tries to pull one on me i don't drop my defense. yes it came off your 2008 and did you stop and think if it would be just as easy to install on a 2011. i would think it should be but its not. there are different brackets and bolts needed for brake fluid. i was told it was plug and play. and it didn't need anything else extra for me to purchase. well attempting this for 2 hours for just one side and being unsuccessful means its not plug and play. the item will be returned the same way i received them and i will package them much better than how this person sent them to me. i will actually use bubble wrap and foam insulation. i took those calipers out and there was brake fluid everywhere. wow. He put a thin paper towel in the brake nipples. yea that didn't help much. he should of used plastic nipple covers. anyways i just want this done and over with. i am sorry this didn't work out and that's all. this has gotten way out of control. listing my job information come on.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:47 AM
YewWanSum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ak47
wait a min- no defense on my behalf. i had a infiniti tech try to do the installation. it wasn't happening. i needed to purchase different hoses and brackets for the rear. What is up with all you people. holly crap. if you see pics and were the location was were i took pics then yes i did have a tech do the job. i had another car with sport brakes up in the air next to mine and the rears looked way different. also this seller packaged 2 heavy *** rotors in one small box and when i got all 3 packages they all were labeled damaged from usps and the rotors were about to fall out of the box. very poor shipping. i try to be as honest as possible and when someone tries to pull one on me i don't drop my defense. yes it came off your 2008 and did you stop and think if it would be just as easy to install on a 2011. i would think it should be but its not. there are different brackets and bolts needed for brake fluid. i was told it was plug and play. and it didn't need anything else extra for me to purchase. well attempting this for 2 hours for just one side and being unsuccessful means its not plug and play. the item will be returned the same way i received them and i will package them much better than how this person sent them to me. i will actually use bubble wrap and foam insulation. i took those calipers out and there was brake fluid everywhere. wow. He put a thin paper towel in the brake nipples. yea that didn't help much. he should of used plastic nipple covers. anyways i just want this done and over with. i am sorry this didn't work out and that's all. this has gotten way out of control. listing my job information come on.
1) Do you have pictures to prove that they were packaged as you stated?

2) Shame on YOU for not checking the information out yourself and just taking someone's word that it would fit..If I told you I had a bridge for sale would you believe me?

You're a fail.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Were they sent to you with an incorrectly sized brake line bolt forced into the caliper?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 AM
BosMaSwaG37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Has this guy been banned from the forum yet? With his track record he should be.

Last edited by BosMaSwaG37; 05-21-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

If this guy is representative of the employees at the dealership, I'd stay miles away.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:58 AM
ak47
Banned

bolt that goes into caliper didn't come with the caliper and the rear lines are in correct. the rear is useless without the correct hardware.

returning item

Quick Reply: Failed Akebono Install By Forum Member