rear brake squeal

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Mike888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear brake squeal

Hello everyone, I just have a quick question regarding squeals from my rear brakes on my '10 vert. Got the vert a few months ago (now has 6300 miles) and a month age I started to notice a loud squeal coming from the rear when the rotors are hot. I brought it to the dealership and they found that my rotors were warped and had a lot of rust on it, so they machined/cut both the rotors and brake pads on the front and rear. The squeal went away for a bit but now it's back (but not as loud)--I hear a "faint" squeal right before coming to a stop but the squeal is loud if it's raining or if I drive my car after it has been wash. I'm thinking the loud squeal is probably coming from the rust that accumulates when the rotors get wet from the rain/or water from washing the wheels. The loud squeal usually gets quiet after a day of driving but it's definitely still there. Does anyone know if this is a common phenomenon? I have never owned a high performance car before so I'm not sure if this is considered normal for the g37 vert. Any insight is appreciated.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:25 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike888
Hello everyone, I just have a quick question regarding squeals from my rear brakes on my '10 vert. Got the vert a few months ago (now has 6300 miles) and a month age I started to notice a loud squeal coming from the rear when the rotors are hot. I brought it to the dealership and they found that my rotors were warped and had a lot of rust on it, so they machined/cut both the rotors and brake pads on the front and rear. The squeal went away for a bit but now it's back (but not as loud)--I hear a "faint" squeal right before coming to a stop but the squeal is loud if it's raining or if I drive my car after it has been wash. I'm thinking the loud squeal is probably coming from the rust that accumulates when the rotors get wet from the rain/or water from washing the wheels. The loud squeal usually gets quiet after a day of driving but it's definitely still there. Does anyone know if this is a common phenomenon? I have never owned a high performance car before so I'm not sure if this is considered normal for the g37 vert. Any insight is appreciated.
Mike

This is normal with most of Infiniti/Nissan brakes, the squeal happens mostly when braking while driving in reverse , otherwise it's nothing serious to worry about... unusual but normal.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Mike888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cvipgo
Mike

This is normal with most of Infiniti/Nissan brakes, the squeal happens mostly when braking while driving in reverse , otherwise it's nothing serious to worry about... unusual but normal.
Thanks for the reply cvipgo, sorry I was not able to respond until today. My rear brakes were squealing when going forward, it was fine when in reverse. I took it back to the dealership and they heard the squeal and replaced both my rear rotors and brake pads under warranty. Now the squeal is gone! Thanks again for the help!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:23 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike888
Thanks for the reply cvipgo, sorry I was not able to respond until today. My rear brakes were squealing when going forward, it was fine when in reverse. I took it back to the dealership and they heard the squeal and replaced both my rear rotors and brake pads under warranty. Now the squeal is gone! Thanks again for the help!
no problem, gr8 that dealer fixed the issue
Old 04-24-2011, 10:41 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Yeah, I've got the faint squeal on braking at less than 1mph. Definitely occurs on reverse occasionally.I'l see if they can machine my rotors when parts come in for the seatbelt replacement.