09 G37x Sedan - Lowering Spring?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:34 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
What part number, guys?

6390.140 (2009) or 6383.140 (07-08) ?

Seems the drop specs are different for both part #s.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:05 PM
majikstic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GxS
qb37xs is correct in that you will be fine if you install the regular Eibach Prokit springs on an X. ive been dropped on those springs for almost 3 years w/o an incident.

Can you elaborate.... did you install the regular sedan springs or the coupe X springs? And how much drop did you see? A model number for the springs would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-10-2010, 01:45 AM
GxS

Originally Posted by majikstic
Can you elaborate.... did you install the regular sedan springs or the coupe X springs? And how much drop did you see? A model number for the springs would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance
i installed the regular sedan springs part 6383.140 which can be found on the stillen website STILLEN : Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Kit i saw about 1.4-1.5 drop in the front and 1.3-1.4 in the back. my only complaint about these springs are purely aesthetic because the drop in back is lower than in the front giving it an uneven look. other than that, i love being lowered and the ride quality/ improved performance
Old 06-10-2010, 02:52 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Hmmm that's kind of a lot for what I'm looking for... I wonder if the coupe springs would fit... guess we may never know? lol

The G37 coupe RWD springs only lower front 1.2 and the rear 0.8... # 6388.140
Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM
GxS

Originally Posted by efuseakay
Hmmm that's kind of a lot for what I'm looking for... I wonder if the coupe springs would fit... guess we may never know? lol
i guess you could be the guinea pig and test fit if the coupe springs will fit the sedan? i think i was 1 of the first people who used the Eibachs on my X and i got spammed w/ questions b/c it actually worked and worked well
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
majikstic

Originally Posted by GxS
i installed the regular sedan springs part 6383.140 which can be found on the stillen website STILLEN : Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Kit i saw about 1.4-1.5 drop in the front and 1.3-1.4 in the back. my only complaint about these springs are purely aesthetic because the drop in back is lower than in the front giving it an uneven look. other than that, i love being lowered and the ride quality/ improved performance
Thanks for the clarification as this really helps me out. I've read quite a few threads on g35driver,but no one really mentions which model eibach springs they've used.

Originally Posted by GxS
i guess you could be the guinea pig and test fit if the coupe springs will fit the sedan? i think i was 1 of the first people who used the Eibachs on my X and i got spammed w/ questions b/c it actually worked and worked well

The G37 coupe RWD springs only lower front 1.2 and the rear 0.8... # 6388.140

I've heard of many people using the coupe springs so I'm sure they will work. Question is, how much will it lower the sedan? And whether it's any different than the lowering obtained from the sedan version.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:50 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GxS
Yup... I'm definitely considering it.

*EDIT*

Only thing that's worrying me... the coupe is already lower than the sedan, right? So if the coupe is already lower than the sedan (especially the x sedan), the drop for the coupe springs (as listed on Eibach) may be waaay too much?

Last edited by TheLocNar; 06-11-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:05 AM
GxS

Only thing that's worrying me... the coupe is already lower than the sedan, right? So if the coupe is already lower than the sedan (especially the x sedan), the drop for the coupe springs (as listed on Eibach) may be waaay too much?
i was under the impression that the drop on the coupe springs was more conservative so if you installed them on your sedan that the drop wouldnt be as significant?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:10 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GxS
i was under the impression that the drop on the coupe springs was more conservative so if you installed them on your sedan that the drop wouldnt be as significant?
Yeah, that's what I thought too... eh, too many numbers... my brain is melting. lol

I may just take one for the team... my paypal for donations is:.... har har har.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:43 AM
acm25
Registered Member

I'm in the same boat as you guys...just picked up a '10 G37x sedan and trying to figure out what's the best way to drop it...

From what I understand the stock coupe springs are already lower than the stock sedan springs. Some people have used the stock coupe springs to give a slight drop to the sedans. So my guess would be that the Eibach coupe springs would be a bigger drop on the sedan than the Eibach sedan springs. Also I believe the Eibach coupe springs are stiffer than the Eibach sedan springs, so the ride might be rougher using them.

Between the 07-08 (6383.140) and 09+ (6390.140) RWD Eibach sedan springs, I read that Eibach changed the springs for the 09 to give a more even drop. The 07-08 springs on the 09 make the front sag more than the rear. Maybe this is because the vq37 is heavier than the vq35?

So right now I'm leaning towards the 6390.140 part unless a better info comes around...

Was able to dig up this info over on g35driver...they seem to be more adventurous over there when it comes to modding...
Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
GxS

Originally Posted by acm25
Between the 07-08 (6383.140) and 09+ (6390.140) RWD Eibach sedan springs, I read that Eibach changed the springs for the 09 to give a more even drop. The 07-08 springs on the 09 make the front sag more than the rear. Maybe this is because the vq37 is heavier than the vq35?

So right now I'm leaning towards the 6390.140 part unless a better info comes around...

Was able to dig up this info over on g35driver...they seem to be more adventurous over there when it comes to modding...
hehe we are a bit more adventurous only b/c we've had our cars longer than you guys and we get bored w/ the mods that we have.

anyway thats interesting that the fronts on the 09 sag more than the rear b/c the 07-08 sag more in the rear than in the front. i thought that eibach wouldve gotten it right for the 2nd set of springs. if you got the coin, id suggest you get coilovers so u can give yourself an even drop/ adjustable dampening
Old 06-26-2010, 08:26 AM
adihere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For what its work I have a '10 G37xS and im goin with Eibach springs# 6394.140 which they have listed for the G37x coupe, for this reason...if you look weight of the X coupe (which is 3,830lb) is about 23lb heavier than our X sedans so imo its closest to the spring to weight ratio if i stated that correctly and gives it a nice drop whether stock or +1 tires.

ACM25 made a good point about the stiffness, which is also something to consider...
The following users liked this post:
m3clubracer (08-18-2015)
Old 06-26-2010, 12:30 PM
acm25
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GxS
hehe we are a bit more adventurous only b/c we've had our cars longer than you guys and we get bored w/ the mods that we have.

anyway thats interesting that the fronts on the 09 sag more than the rear b/c the 07-08 sag more in the rear than in the front. i thought that eibach wouldve gotten it right for the 2nd set of springs. if you got the coin, id suggest you get coilovers so u can give yourself an even drop/ adjustable dampening
I've been following the thread on the BC coils for the X over on driver also. From the pics I've seen so far, it seems like the BCs at the highest setting is still a little too low for my taste. But its good to see there's another option for the X.

BTW, GxS, did you have to get camber kits when you installed your springs?

Originally Posted by adihere
For what its work I have a '10 G37xS and im goin with Eibach springs# 6394.140 which they have listed for the G37x coupe, for this reason...if you look weight of the X coupe (which is 3,830lb) is about 23lb heavier than our X sedans so imo its closest to the spring to weight ratio if i stated that correctly and gives it a nice drop whether stock or +1 tires.

ACM25 made a good point about the stiffness, which is also something to consider...
That's a good point about the weight. My only concern would be the height of the coupe springs, but maybe its not an issue. Keep us posted on how it turns out.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:38 PM
adihere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qb37Xs
FYI: BC makes coilovers for 2007 G35x - 2010 G37x sedans.
What? i could find it on their site, do you have the application #
Old 09-15-2010, 10:24 PM
gl37xs

adihere, whats the verdict on the coupe springs. lets see some pics dude

Quick Reply: 09 G37x Sedan - Lowering Spring?