S tech Tein and oil changes

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 04:40 PM
symple84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S tech Tein and oil changes

Has anyone with S tech suspension changed their oil on their own? If so how I tried Rhino ramps but my car is too low...
Old 01-25-2010, 04:50 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by symple84
Has anyone with S tech suspension changed their oil on their own? If so how I tried Rhino ramps but my car is too low...
You're probably goin to need a really low clearance jack.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
You can build some really cheap ramps to get up on your ramps. A 1x8 with a 1x6 attached toward one edge. Roll up onto it then onto your ramp. It works.

Here's a pair I made
Old 01-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i use a low rider jack and the oem jack.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:17 PM
ruckus12251985

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u can probablly even use the jack that comes with the car just get someone to lift the front by the fender it should give you another inch or so. thats what i have to do to put in on my friends lift at his garage.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:35 PM
SoFloG37

i have h&r which are lower than the s-tech's and I do it myself. Back up onto the rhino ramps, then youll have enough clearance to use a jack to lift the car up.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I have Rhino ramps and Eibach and could not get my car on those ramps with the long Stillen splitter.

What you do is you buy 2 2X10's cut them in half so you have 4 measuring 5 feet.
Put 2 on one side and 2 on the other side and slide the top of the wood to the top of the ramps edge.

Yes the boards will flex when you drive on them but not break... Now drive your car up carefully to the very edge of the wood. You can even improvise like I did and get some more wood and put tire bump stoppers on the end so you don't go off and know when to stop.

or you could buy the RaceRamps: http://www.discountramps.com/low_profile_car_ramp.htm
I'll probably be buying them since I'm going to coil-overs and slamming my car.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:26 PM
hunter23

Green mowers are also an important cost factor to golf

Green mowers are also an important cost factor to golf
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
If you consider using sod, you should know that it is expensive. Seeded greens have to be pampered while the grass is taking hold. There is a fine line between waiting too long to mow and weakening the turf, making it open to blight, and mowing it too soon. The grass could be so young and tender that a regular mower will mash it down. discount golf clubsGreen mowers are also an important cost factor to consider. New mowers can cost $5000 or more and used mowers are known to be priced as high as $1000. Toro makes a special mower just for greens. PING G15 Fairway WoodControlling such diseases as pythium, sod webworm and cut worm as well as algae and moss has to be done consistently. Regular treatment needs to be applied and if a treatment is missed, you could find your green overrun by disease in the space of one week.<o></o>
Old 03-15-2011, 11:28 PM
hunter23

Many golf skills recommend an irrigation system

Many golf skills recommend an irrigation system
Building a green can be done either by USGA specifications or by using less expensive material and less elaborate drainage designs. USGA specifications can make the cost of your green anywhere from $20,000 to $80,000. TaylorMade R9 Fairway WoodA good design is one where the green is above the surrounding lawn area with sandy loam topsoil. It also requires about a one-percent slope for satisfactory drainage. PING G15 Fairway WoodMany experts also recommend an irrigation system so you won’t have the inconvenience of watering the green by hand.What grass do you want for you own backyard green? Again that is going to depend on where you are located. You have to consider if you are in the warm season zone or the cool season zone. There are many basic grasses that are used on nearly any golf course and there are also grasses that have been specifically developed for golf courses.<o></o>
Old 03-15-2011, 11:29 PM
hunter23

For one hole of golf in the tee areas

For one hole of golf in the tee areas
In the cooler climate, these seeds are suggested for your green. For one hole of golf, in the tee areas it is recommended that you use bentgrass while roughs and fairways require bluegrass. Hazards can also be planted with rough bluegrass and other ground covers. TaylorMade R9 460 DriverIn the southern or warmer zone, the recommendations are as follows. Tee areas should use Hybrid Bermuda, for fairways <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1lace w:st="on">Bermuda</st1lace>, Ryegrass, and Zoysia is recommended. Roughs require Bahias, <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">St. Augustine</st1:City></st1lace>, Common Bermuda, and Ryegrasses. Callaway X-22 Irons 3-9PSAnother question that you will need to answer is; do I need a special lawn mower? A standard rotary motor is not the right mower for keeping a green. It is important that you use a mower that pinches off the grass rather than chopping it. Look around for the best deal on these mowers.<o></o>
Old 03-16-2011, 05:38 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^^bam this guy pls